Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This most likely woud be a debate:Ben Carson's views on PP and eugenics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This most likely woud be a debate:Ben Carson's views on PP and eugenics.

From CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/politi...ed-parenthood/

This is an issue that has always been an issue for some about planned Parenthood,the fact that it has roots in eugenics.

I thought,let us see what people make of this in the wake of the videos about PP.

keep it civil please,it is a debate,not an uncontrolled fight or troll war.

Your eye on please MO.

- - - Updated - - -

Though the CNN story does not mention it,Carson says PP is a secret agenda to reduce the black population.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a story that shows carson said.
    Ben Carson told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto Wednesday that Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger to abort black babies and “control that population.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/12/ca...-black-babies/

So,on with the debate.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: This most likely woud be a debate:Ben Carson's views on PP and eugenics.

Then, by his own logic, no one should every buy a Volkswagen...they built bombs for Hitler (no, I'm not invoking Godwin, this is a legitimate comparison) with the forced labor of Jews and POW's (actually Mercedes and Porshe are also guilt of this, as are some American car makers, in their German factories).
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

This is why I posted this in Debate..there is a LOT of murky history that many would just as soon not allow to come to light these days.

Politicians history,and groups history(The Dixiecrats) and the bloodlines of many groups in power today.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I haven't viewed the links, but I am aware of the pre-planned parenthood history of planned parenthood, so I'll comment anyway. If I'm off base, call me an idjit...

Yes, planned parenthood grew from the American eugenics movement, and, yes, the American eugenics movement influenced He Who Must Not Be Named.

But it is not that now. Mistakes were made in the past, discovered, and corrected. Is that bad? I think not.

Planned Parenthood serves an important function. It's flawed history, while not irrelevant to the present (let us not forget past error lest we repeat it) does not control it's present mission.

Seeing the change - that it occurred when the error was seen - is more cause for hope than reason for condemnation.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          there is a LOT of murky history that many would just as soon not allow to come to light these days.

I don't think its about the history being murky, and I don't think the history IS murky--anyone can find these things out if they tak 5 minutes of their time. This is stuff I learned about in high school and college or later from my own curiositiy. I think its just history...and that part of understanding history is that we cannot judge history (individuals or institutions) by modern standards, because we lack the capacity to recreate the historical mindset and values of that time and place.

Part of overcoming history is learning to recognise its bias when we judge things based on their current performace and standards. Also to judge the problems of instutitions fairly when it comes to a problem of the actions of individual people within that institution or a problem of policy and purpose (both of which can generally be fixed).
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

One thing that got me on this track is that it is being used in a political contest by a politician,and being used to defame another candidate Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a statement by Ben Carson.

"Margaret Sanger who founded this place — a woman Hillary Clinton by the way says that she admires. Look and see what many people in Nazi Germany said about her.

CAVUTO: That she was for targeting certain races?

CARSON: That she was a great person.

- - - Updated - - -

So did Carson kinda play the Godwin's Law card there?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I wonder if he thinks Thomas Jefferson is a great person...
              sigpic

Comment

It does get even more interesting Thal...it really does.

Ben Carson: No apologies for 1992 fetal tissue research

From here. The Washington Post..
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ssue-research/

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Ah, the irony astounds me. That he would be such a hypocrite. *rolls eyes*

I mean, he should defend it. There's nothing wrong with it. Its a practice that has saved and continues to save thousands of lives, and without it, medicine absolutely would be held back in its capabilities.

But then don't we all bite the hand that feeds us at some point in time?
                  sigpic

Comment

There is a weird thing here..defend the fetus the right to be born,then after it is born into major poverty let fall the full weight of the law on said little thug,so he wishes he was never born...

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW welcome to the election and the mud shell be slung...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.". --- Sister Joan Chittister, Catholic Nun

Because I myself cannot do justice for PP I will take someone else's words and apply them. Carson's like every other(almost) Republican wants an end to PP because and only because they provide abortions. Like Sister Joan said they just want those children birthed but they don't want to help in taking care of them. From a personal stand point I used PP for my birth control needs up until 5 years ago because my insurance really didn't cover it. Also can we add EDUCATION into this conversation. They want abortions made illegal but they don't want to educate the young folks properly. Abstinence is not the answer.

"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My point...If you do not support helping born people,then why oppose contraception and education for ALL. Left with no alternatives a grown kid sees his friend making like $20,000 a week selling drugs VS him working at a minimum wage job,not even making enough to eat. Guess what choice seems to be the better one?

Educate,help along to a better working life,and Stop beating children down into the ghetto with no path out.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I am pro-life in the way that Sister Joan has explained. I completely agree that that is the only rational pro-life stance.

Everybody should get a gross of multi-colored condoms in their Christmas stocking every year...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm also lazy. I'll take 'someone else's pic' for $200 Alex...

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                            X