X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Aster and I enjoy long walks on the beach

Let's hope this works...I tried this already and it didn't save :='(:

So, HELLO! I am Aster Thrakena and it is a pleasure to be here! Below is some basic information about me and my path. It may be a tad long so...apologizes ahead of time.

I am a 22 year old woman living in Texas. I was raised into a Christian family and studied multiple denominations. I studied Methodist ways for 11 years, Catholicism for 4 years, and Episcopalian for 4 years. I dug into the facts of the Bible and listened to my mentors with open eyes and ears. Despite this, I could never feel right about the Christian faith. I used to go on retreats that the church put on. I enjoyed those, but it was mainly the connection to Nature that I really enjoyed. I could feel the Divine move through me, but I never understood what that feeling was.

Ever since I was young, I have seen the world differently. I act much more mature than most my age but I also physically see things different. For example, when I look the sky it looks as if glitter is slowly drifting down to the Earth. I have seen dragons since I was young and could hear the voices of the trees sing to me on walks. My parents heard of my explanations and panicked. I was sent to therapy and was diagnosed with an overactive imagination and given ADHD medication. The sky became a regular blue and white, the trees became whispers of the past, and the dragons vanished almost instantly. It was devastating to me, but I continued to take the medication. I was pumped with the thoughts I was crazy unless I took the pills. It wasn't until I was 16 until I flushed the rest and refused to fill my prescription.

Since then, I have been struggling to reclaim my sight. It comes back on occasion, but it is not easy. Now, on to my religious views!

I recently began to classify myself as a Hellenistic polytheist. This, however, is still an open term. I still have much to learn about who I am and what I believe. The Greek gods and goddess, however, have been calling out to me since I was young. Artemis seemed to have been given the task of watching over me as a child, which makes sense really. The reason I know? My favorite planet was Saturn, my favorite animal was the stag, I became extremely attracted to archery, and I had a dragon watching out for me at all times (and she still does). Most don't believe in dragons, or that Artemis would work with such a beast. I believe it is because I have seen dragons since I was a child. My guide has saved me from drowning and another one has spoken to me when I was lost and scared. In high school, I had the option to take Spanish or Latin. I chose Latin. I could not learn the language at all, which is bizarre because I love to learn different things like that. HOWEVER, the mythology portion I ate up. I could tell you anything about the gods, goddesses, beasts, and stories. I loved every second. I loved how relatable the deities were. They were within reach of a human level but still so far away. It wasn't until recently that I actually began to speak to them and discovered they were much more than what was in the books.

Last thing, my name of choice! Aster Thrakena
    Aster:
    Aster is actually a type of flower. It is known by a few more names, but they are named after the Greek word "star" because they look like a little star. They come in many colors (like me) and their leaves are burnt to ward of negative spirits. They are the symbol of love and patience.
    Thrakena:
    Thrakena is the Greek (modern) word of female dragon. Due to my connection with dragons in the past, I love to have them in my daily life. On top of that, they are the symbols of creation, destruction, wisdom, life, death, wealth, longevity, and so much more.

So, in short, I am the patient dragon <3

*looks over post* My goodness...my apologizes for the ramble!

Re: My name is Aster and I enjoy long walks on the beach

Hey there, thank you for sharing your story. I had a friend in high school (our schools are different over here, so that's compulsory education for 11-16 year olds), who used to see prehistoric mammals! We never thought she was mad though. It was just something she did.

As for the glitter. I see that. Doesn't everyone? I mean, when you look straight up it looks like it's snowing sparkly snow? I've seen it since childhood too, and I just always thought it was just a trick of the eyes or something.

Anyway, welcome to our little corner of the Internet. I'm sure you'll fit in well here.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Hey there, thank you for sharing your story. I had a friend in high school (our schools are different over here, so that's compulsory education for 11-16 year olds), who used to see prehistoric mammals! We never thought she was mad though. It was just something she did.

As for the glitter. I see that. Doesn't everyone? I mean, when you look straight up it looks like it's snowing sparkly snow? I've seen it since childhood too, and I just always thought it was just a trick of the eyes or something.

Anyway, welcome to our little corner of the Internet. I'm sure you'll fit in well here.
      According to many others, the snow glitter is not very commonly seen. At least....those here in Texas. It is possible they are just to proud to admit it though I have done a lot of research on it and the only explanation I could find were the eye floaters, but no one describes it as the glittery snow. According to energy researches, we are seeing energy. Don't know if it is true, but I would like to think it is

I am glad you were accepting of your prehistoric seeing friend. I don't doubt her legitimacy at all. I am sure the spirits of dinosaurs were just reaching out her because she was accepting, or other spirits created an image of a prehistoric beast because they knew she would pay attention.

Thank you for your warm welcome <3 I am so excited to venture into this wonderful forum!

Comment

Welcome!

Thank you for your story. Greek mythology has always held a hold on me as well, and Artemis is definitely a great lady. I hope you enjoy this place!
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Just as a curious aside remark but your comment about dragons made me think of the connection to the Hydra and how it is a guardian of one of the entries into the underworld in the swamp. A connection that I've seen equated to Hekate-Artemis in her three headed configuration and as one who is both connected to wild places and as one who can enter and exit Hades at will.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hmm.. I'm really interested now. Two of my exes could see the glitter, although one was also a fellow covener so was also into psychic development. I asked my current partner tonight, if he'd seen it, and he said he'd never noticed it before. I'll try showing him next time I see it, because my ex hadn't seen it until I pointed it out. I'm really curious now. I can see auras too, and they also feel like tricks of the eye.. although in the case of auras I've always accepted that there's more to them than just mere opticle illusions.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hello and welcome. I too am from the great state of Texas. Wenny who we see off and on is as well. Though she is further south then myself. Watch out for Corbin he likes to pick on our great state but sometimes its well deserved.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                ...Watch out for Corbin he likes to pick on our great state but sometimes its well deserved.
                "That which is done out of love is always beyond good and evil." - Freddie Nietzsche

Welcome to the monkey house, Aster Thrakena!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Comment

Now who would say mean things about Texas..Now New Jersey on the other hand does seem to garner really negative expressions(Could it have anything to do with "The Jersey shore")
                      or for some people who do NOT believe in "The Jersey Devil" Its a Jersey thing..and Pizza is king here.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aster Thrakena View Post
                        .. monsno: I have never really thought of me seeing the dragons in that light...do you think it is a connection with great Hydra? (funny because my first alias was Scylla, unknowing of the meaning). ..
                        Not sure about what your referring to as the great Hydra. Never really heard of Scylla as a great Hydra nor read much that says she was a hydra period vice many worm like creatures inside the cliffs. The main story of the Hydra in Hellene mythology I can think of deals with Hercules and the Hydra but it's not fresh in my mind.

In my mind when people talk of a great hydra I think of Tiamet not Scylla as the great one. Though I've read of the dragon / hydra that is in the Argonautica story with Jason and the Golden Fleece as being a great one.

For me because Hekate became so conflated with Artemis that at times I find the lore crosses back and forth being suggestive of each. In her Chaldean persona Hekate has the three animal heads with one at times being a serpent and other times identified as a dragon. Which is not really unusual in that many dragon type creature's in Hellene myth were called serpents, possibly an influence from the Persian and Anatolian influences.

Just another aside note but you might find more people relate to the notion of glitter in their eyes when you compare it to the experiences of stars. Lots of people will speak of seeing stars or flashing / twinkling spots. Some seeing them all the time others more so after applying some sort of pressure upon the closed eye or even after looking into a bright light or the sun itself. There is another expression that connects it with auric fields but I do not recall it off the top of my head. Yet in that capacity from what I recall its more the mirrors and lenses we see through vice something external so it varies a bit for each person who experiences it.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            "That which is done out of love is always beyond good and evil." - Freddie Nietzsche

Welcome to the monkey house, Aster Thrakena!

Aww I feel loved!!!
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              Just another aside note but you might find more people relate to the notion of glitter in their eyes when you compare it to the experiences of stars. Lots of people will speak of seeing stars or flashing / twinkling spots. Some seeing them all the time others more so after applying some sort of pressure upon the closed eye or even after looking into a bright light or the sun itself. There is another expression that connects it with auric fields but I do not recall it off the top of my head. Yet in that capacity from what I recall its more the mirrors and lenses we see through vice something external so it varies a bit for each person who experiences it.
                              I see the stars too though, and for me it's a different phenomenon. When I see stars, whether because I've pressed on my eyes for a while, or I've just gone dizzy, it appears as squares for some reason. Lots of teeny little squares of various colours but with dark purple being the dominant colour.

The glitter is hard to describe though. It doesn't appear like it's falling towards me, but more that it's just floating in all different directions. Like thousands of little shiney brine shimp in the sky.

Aster, does the room change colour if you lie awake in a dimly lit room? So if you stare at the ceiling you'll see it turn red, then green, then normal, then red again.. and so on? This is something else I assumed was a trick of the eyes, but when I did a google search just now, no one else seems to be discussing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X