This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telekinesis

I have no idea where to post this, but what is your opinion of telekinesis. Possible? Not possible? Why?

Thanks!

Re: Telekinesis

Possibly, I've never witnessed it myself but that doesn't mean it can't exist. I've never seen a legit sea serpent that's 80 feet long and undulates in the water like an eel, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in them 100%.

I will say that if such a thing is possible, I think it would take far more understanding of the metaphysical world and how it interlocks with the physical laws to really even begin to address it. And then a good deal of practice/ability/focus to do so.

But until I see it it's going to stay in the "maybe" column.

Comment

J. B. Rhine, in the parapsychology lab at Duke University in the 40s-60s, conducted an enormous array of experiments.

The results - using the standard and accepted statistical analysis used in other sciences - indicated a small, but statistically significant ability of test subjects to influence the fall of dice.

Needless to say, his experiments have been attacked ever since.

However, today it is generally accepted that, in certain cases, the results of an experiment are - in some way - dependent on the expectations of the experimenter.

So... Take your pick...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Possible if your name is Jean Grey.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't know. I like to think that some things are possible even if I will never see it myself. So maybe. Probably also depends on what you're thinking of, something like the dice experiment B.de mentioned; sure... the movie version of moving a plane with your mind or something I highly doubt that.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Even though it is on the sub atomic level,there is the perhaps proven idea that mere observation of an experiment will effect the outcome of that experiment.
            Gonna do a search and get back on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Found a reference.
            http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0227055013.htm
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

All things considered, the laws of physics being what they are, and there being no explainable mechanism, highly unlikely so far as to be in the realm as non-existent.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Some people have the ability, but the explanation to this remains hidden.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                  Some people have the ability, but the explanation to this remains hidden.
                  There have been enough experiments and debunking that if anyone legitimately had the skill to do this, I think *someone* would have been found that could legitimately replicate the act.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

If one believes you can influence outcomes in the real world(Say the effect of a spell) then in effect one might be considered a believer in Telekinesis because that is effecting a physical object. The question that comes to mind is,can a human brain produce enough energy to effect a physical object over a distance as well. Then one might say the human mind connects to another entity that does have this ability. The question is difficult if you reject external entities. So,in the world of a believer in "Magic" one might tend to believe Telekinesis to be possible.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      There have been enough experiments and debunking that if anyone legitimately had the skill to do this, I think *someone* would have been found that could legitimately replicate the act.
                      How would someone replicate it? Perhaps it's something genetical, like some kind of "gift", perhaps.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        How would someone replicate it? Perhaps it's something genetical, like some kind of "gift", perhaps.
                        I'm saying that if someone has telekenetic powers, they should be able to repeat the act of telekenesis enough for it to be consistent and observable (and statistically significant), regardless of the mechanism. There was a period of about 30-40 years in the US (and I think USSR) where scientists worked their butts off to find people that could do this. All things considered, if someone could legitimately do this (and not as a trick), then they would have found them. Sure, there's a possibility that *someone* *somewhere* has a quirk that allows them to influence the movement of physical objects. But if that is the case, either its so minute as to be insignificant, or its so rare as to be insignificant. Either way, for every person that says that they have telekenetic powers, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of them or more are lying or mistaken.
                        sigpic

Comment

Makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            All things considered, the laws of physics being what they are, and there being no explainable mechanism, highly unlikely so far as to be in the realm as non-existent.
                            Don't forget that "the laws of physics" are accumulated averages, not actual "things"...

What was found in the US military experiments wasn't null results. What was found was unreliable results, which made psi power unusable in any real sense.

I am willing to predict that, in the near future, it will be found that the link between the inner world and the outer world is stronger than was previously imagined.

I don't know that telekinesis will ever be useable though.
                            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 18 Aug 2015, 05:02.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My wife has telekinesis. She thinks of something she wants, vocalizes it to add focus to her power, and within a moment or two what she wanted is in her hand. Granted, I get up and get it for her but still ... Her mind creates the thoughts and I get up to do it. Moving things with her mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X