What Oracle decks do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Oracle decks do you have?

As a kind of extension from the "What Tarot decks do you have?" thread...

Oracle decks are actually my preferred method of divination. I'll go first.

Oracle of Shadows and Light
    Wisdom of the Hidden Realms
    Wisdom of the House of Night
    Messages from your Angels

The angels deck is more of a sentimental thing than one I actually use (it's from my stay in Europe and was gifted). But there we go.

Re: What Oracle decks do you have?

I have two:

The Angel Oracle, which I used to ask a question daily to get an idea of what my day was going to be like.

And

The Angel Blessings Kit (Revised Addition), which is what I used to read other people (before I completely freaked myself out). I swear I have one more, too, but I don't remember what it is.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

How did you freak yourself out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        How did you freak yourself out?
        I read for a friend and I kept seeing that something big and important would come up during a certain weekend. Her fiance's dad passed away then. I know it was in no way my fault, but it still freaked me out.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          I read for a friend and I kept seeing that something big and important would come up during a certain weekend. Her fiance's dad passed away then. I know it was in no way my fault, but it still freaked me out.
          Yeah, that might do it.

Comment

I have the Tao Oracle by Ma Deva Padma. It was originally my husband's, but he gave it to me. I haven't mastered the I Ching aspect to it yet, but it's very wonderful regardless.
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

The oracles I have:
              Mystical Lenormand
              Ogham
              Druid Animal Oracle
              Green Man Tree Oracle
              The Hidden Path Oracle

I'm not as good with the oracles, I like the more structured 'rules' of tarot. But I'm learning, lol.
              She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Personally, I find the Tarot more useful for situational questions that include other people and external/internal circumstances that act upon a situation. Basically, they tell more of a bigger story about a situation for me.

Oracles help me more "in the moment." Which is why I've turned to them more than Tarot for awhile now. In general, I'm a very reflective person and because of life experiences I'm pretty good at seeing big picture type cause-and-effects and noticing if there's something going on in the background that I haven't been explicitly told about yet (usually when someone's lying to me or keeping information from me). So I generally know where I'm standing in terms of life situations and what my options are, and I have some idea of what is probably happening and how it will probably pan out (or if there's a chance it won't, where it might go awry).

But usually it's when I'm having a hard week or dealing with a hard, chronic situation that I just tend to feel a bit lost and disoriented in the moment and need something simple to focus on and mull over in my head to make sense of that "lost" feeling.

That might sound a little convoluted, it's the best I can really explain it. Oracles just speak to me better, slow my thoughts down in a helpful and grounding way, and help me focus on exactly where I'm at in that path and what I need to be aware of.

Plus I'm very much drawn to the fact that it's not structured like the Tarot is, there's more... for lack of a better term, flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                X