X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: it's the pits deodorant take 2

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Living in Southern Cali and commuting to work on my bike? Oh hell no. I sweat it up. I also want to put deodorant on my under boobage.
    funny-picture-boobs-homer-simpson.jpgBoobage is good ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Day one... It worked pretty good for the most part. I got a little paranoid and put on a dab of regular deodorant when I got to school, at about 4:30pm so it lasted for most of the day without any notable incidents.
      I'll be working on and with people in close proximity, at school, so I don't want to bring BO to the table (pun intended).
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        Tried it already. It's even more useless than degree is, now. And degree used to work really well. It was when I stopped eating processed foods that my body chemistry seemed to change when the deodorant stopped working.
        I'm sorry hon. Do you see a dermatologist? If not, maybe your regular doctor can recommend you one.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Baking soda and the juice from Aloe Vera? It has little scent but will clog the sweat glands. If you are prone to yeast infections that is not a good choice. You can substitute Corn starch but it has equal or more attractions to yeast. Wiping with Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) will kill the bacteria that cause odors but it would have to be done often enough to become a chore.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Also important to note is when you apply deodorant. I read a few articles a while back that said to put it on the night before. It keeps you from getting sweat stains and it soaks into your skin. I was a bit paranoid, but I found it does indeed work the whole day when I apply it at night. It's like I'm just non odorous under there. Weird.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

How long did it take you (those of you that use it) to get used to it? I'm pretty sensitive to odors, even my own... I'm willing to give it a week, or maybe two if I notice change in the first week.
              I never had a problem with it. The big thing is to remember to reapply through out the day if you are sweating. Also, if I was feeling smelly, I kept a little essential oil spritzer for the pits in my purse--tea tree and lavender with a wee bit of bergamont in witch hazel. Just spray and reapply the rock thingy, and go.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                Baking soda and the juice from Aloe Vera? It has little scent but will clog the sweat glands. If you are prone to yeast infections that is not a good choice. You can substitute Corn starch but it has equal or more attractions to yeast. Wiping with Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) will kill the bacteria that cause odors but it would have to be done often enough to become a chore.
                I use Hydrogen Peroxide (10%) body wash. You might want to try DF's suggestion first then see if a more stronger percentage will help you.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  I never had a problem with it. The big thing is to remember to reapply through out the day if you are sweating. Also, if I was feeling smelly, I kept a little essential oil spritzer for the pits in my purse--tea tree and lavender with a wee bit of bergamont in witch hazel. Just spray and reapply the rock thingy, and go.
                  That's a really good tip, thanks.

I've decided to give this rock salt thing a go as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X