Putting a name to confusing feelings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a name to confusing feelings.

By no means am i trying to say im some kind of spiritual warrior, i dont think im a special snow flake, and i dont think im some kind of chosen being. I just want to know why i feel this way around spirits:

Whenever i am around any kind of spiritial energy, therea a flush wave of, i don't know, something that runs from the top of my head to my toes then back again. Its like goose bumps in my blood vessels and it bounces back and forth like a wave. Its accompanied by anger and a sudden urge to fight away whatever is causing this surge, and my bodies inmediate thought is to yell and chase away whatever it is thats causing this sensation. My teeth always bare themselves and my muscles and jaw flex angrily. Theres a similar but different reaction to when i see a ghost or a spirit that... i dont know, it feels different that the one mentioned before. I dont get angry, but my skin gets hot and i start sweating as if i am standing flush to a bonfire. No fear or panic, just heat rippling up and down my skin.

I just want to know if theres a name for this, or if theres any information at all about whatever the hell i feel at these times. Its always a confusing feeling that leaves me frustrated because i never know WHY it happens.

Re: Putting a name to confusing feelings.

How do you know this happens when you are around spirits?

Have you considered the possibility that it is some form of seizure, and the "spirits" you see may be a hallucinatory by product?

Always check the mundane before reaching for the juju.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Have you considered the possibility that it is some form of seizure, and the "spirits" you see may be a hallucinatory by product?

Its certaintly not a seizure, as it happens after contact, not before. I know its some kind of entity due to the tell tale signs of such an event, and its the only time this ever happens. This isnt a new thing, just the first time ive ever taken the time to talk about it. Im not feeling this every day, more like once or twice every 3-4 months. It mostly happens when i have guard mount around... older buildings that would have the chance of an event.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I should also mention ive had VA doctors look all over me for any kind of brain damage and MRIs came out fine and so did my blood work.

Comment

Originally posted by Grouchy Badger View Post
        It mostly happens when i have guard mount around...
        What is guard mount?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          What is guard mount?
          I had to look that up, myself. It's an Armed Forces thing, a gathering of security personnel before their shift starts and after they've geared up for said shift.

- - - Updated - - -

My ex used to claim something similar, whenever we'd go to certain places but for the most part I just brushed it off as her being a bit of a drama queen. While I still feel that hers was just that, I do not know you so therefore I will take what you say at face value, especially since I've known others who have also said to have felt odd things from time to time.

I think some folks are just more sensitive to energies and the like than others, just like those that can see auras while others can't. Also, people say that religion itself in simply a form of psychosis, as people claim to hear, see, feel, talk to, and interact with divine or supernatural beings that they cannot provide empirical evidence of the existence of such things. But it really comes down to that anything is possible, until there is solid proof that it is not.

As for a name, I can't help you there, but as for knowing what it is, well ... Take Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's advice. "When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Comment

With this sort of thing I always believe in looking very deeply for medical and psychological answers before calling it supernatural.
            But as Munin-Hugin said, some people are just more sensitive to energies than others, and people react differently to the same experiences... some call extra sensitive people empaths. As far as I'm concerned though, we're all empaths to some degree.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

There is a thing about Lay lines..energy that flows through certain places..it has been said some people are sensitive to this energy..I leave it to you to search this out,must go offline,thunder storms coming in.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
              X