Are you driven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you driven?

As a whole I am super indecisive, very go with the flow. I like to have a good time. I can also be considered a major flake. However I hate hate hate being late to anything that I give my word on being there or late to work. My Mother doesnt know the meaning of being on time. My job, and just the one in the kitchen and the current book I'm reading are the only things I hyper focus on. But it's not the physical labor I focus on. It's new dishes, and flavor profiles. It's what's coming into season and ways of working with those items that I focus on.

**I LOVE driving ms daisy!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Omg. I thought I was the only lackadaisical human.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Woke up, fell out of bed,
        Dragged a comb across my head
        Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
        And looking up I noticed I was late.
        Found my coat and grabbed my hat
        Made the bus in seconds flat
        Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,
        Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.

Beatles - A Day In The Life Lyrics

Yeh,that is kinda my life.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I was once, now I am content with a good cup of coffee and good show on or a good book. If I had the funds I could easily disappear into my sleepy quite life of good books, music and tv. I am not really that old but I have partied harder and longer than most, I have study world histories with professors, I ran a business and a coven house, I've been almost married once and married once, I have three step children, one who was lost to me and two biological children both of which where lost two me, I have fought in wars and seen things most would not believe, I gained and lost many loved ones and at 38 I am good with it. I've been there and done that, I am happy with a life in my little apartment, with my sleep quite life reading a good book or watching a good show.

Comment

My time is running out. Of course I'm driven
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I was once. But to be honest, life has beat me down too many times. Now I just float through life, trying not to notice the minutes of my life slipping through my grasp.

Sad, but true.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am extremely driven in my life. I get angry with myself if I come close to giving up on something, I don't like to give up on anything if I know I am capable of it. I've always been a problem solver, an innovator. If there is something wrong I've always had a solution of how to fix it. I try to excel at everything I do, I push myself a lot which often gets me in trouble. It's as much a strength as it is a downfall at times.

Comment

If that is type A(Known to be always stressed) or maybe type B personality..I might be type Z cause I may be close to sleep a lot.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm a bit like an old diesel engine on a cold morning. It may take me a while to get going, but once I do I can rumble on for a long time.

Comment

^I like that metaphor!

I'm not driven at all. I try to get interested in things but usually it never takes me anywhere. Usually I'm okay with that though sometimes I try to force myself into something after hearing one of those success stories like "writing saved my life".
                      baah.

Comment

I'm not sure I can say any one specific thing "drives" me except my need to have a project (or several) to do and keep up on. I think it's the drive to learn and to create to be honest, but not necessarily via a specific media and definitely not for the money (although if I can one day put that obsession with creating and learning towards a paying job, I would be ecstatic).

Currently those projects include: learning Slovene, learning CSS/HTML, making pretty pictures with my camera, drawing sharks, drawing plants, writing, teaching, guiding people in ways to help themselves when they ask for help, de-cluttering my home, and baking.

Comment

Most of you probably already know my answer, but yes, I am highly driven when it comes to my language study. Ever since I realised almost 4 years ago, that a vocabulary of 300 words and a basic grasp of grammar does not a proficient speaker make, I have been determined to realise my dream of being fluent in Japanese. Even once I'd realised how little I could actually say with my few hundred words, I still grossly underestimated how much there was to learn. My new years resolution for 2012 was to be fluent by 2013.

Of course, my Japanese was still noob-ish in 2013 and I very nearly rage quit at this point. Pagan Forum's Danie Marie made me see sense though, and I redoubled my efforts. That was when I designed a self-study technique based around the methods used in EFL classrooms and my verbal ability improved almost overnight.

I work full-time, and lose hours because of night shifts (I sleep more than I would if I worked a regular day job), so I had to be strict if I wanted to see continued progress. I found myself sticking to a rigid study program, and I was constantly looking into various tricks and hacks to make the process more efficient.

Although still way off what I'd call 'fluent', I hit my target of being able to competently converse in Japanese around a year ago, and have been working on reading, writing and making my Japanese flow better/sound more natural/use proper grammar since then. That'll probably be a lifelong process, but I have a new goal too. I love my job, but it will never make me rich, and will unlikely even make me well-off. I don't have a good enough degree (or, lets face it, recent enough), to change careers and do something more academically challenging, but I do have one thing going for me; friends who already work within translation/interpretation! I've decided to brush up on my technical/formal Japanese, and see if I pick up the odd translation assignment. If I can pull it off, it means I can earn a little more on top of my regular wage. Who doesn't dream of making money from their hobbies?

So now I have something else to keep me driven!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            If that is type A(Known to be always stressed) or maybe type B personality..I might be type Z cause I may be close to sleep a lot.
                            Or you might just need to hibernate!
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                            X