Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self discovery quiz, maybe? I really don't know how to call this thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self discovery quiz, maybe? I really don't know how to call this thread.

So I decided to make a small quiz, for fun, or self discovery (whatever you want it to be). The only rules are:
    -No offensive comments, we're here to learn about ourselves (probably) and about others as well. Don't give the thread negative energy.
    -No sarcasm.

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose?
    2. Choose an animal to define yourself:
    - Fox: secretive, stealthy, cunning
    - Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger
    - Bear: brave, noble, intimidating
    - Owl: clever, wise, can be entrusted with secrets, leaned back
    - Monkey: funny, sarcastic, friendly
    - Cat: Think you're the centre of the world, lazy, independent, protective when needed
    3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals?
    4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically?
    5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for)
    6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though.
    7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative.
    8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality.
    9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it.
    10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why?
    11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it?
    12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be?
    13. What is one thing people notice about you?
    14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it?
    15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong?
    16. Choose one element that gets to you most:
    Earth: stability
    Water: harmony
    Fire: spiritual and inner power
    Air: friendly and social
    17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them.
    18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky?
    19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends?
    20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path?

Since I started this, I'll start, probably.
    1. Thoughtful.
    2. Owl. I want people to learn themselves. I rarely give answers to questions.
    3. Of course. Most of humans are drown in chaos and hatred. While animals share bonds of love, loyalty, mutuality and friendship.
    4. Yes. I think humans lost this ability throughout evolution but this ability can be awaken after several months of trying.
    5. Best - I'll never use your secrets or bad qualities against you. Worst - I make unreachable goals for myself sometimes.
    6. Making and then getting out of illusions I make for myself, reading, thinking about stuff...
    7. Soft rock, disco - they make me feel more confident in myself.
    8. To meet all those whom I trust so much. Even if they're so far away.
    9. Chainlightning. Don't be surprised.
    10. All of you. Because you believe in me when nobody else did.
    11. Yeah - to respect people unless they prove they're not worthy of my respect and for them to respect me. Because I don't give them any reason to do otherwise.
    12. There is something good and something bad in what I want to change. I want to be born to a normal family. The bad thing is that I wouldn't meet all of you and reached Kemetism. And probably wouldn't be the one I'm today. The good thing is that I would not lack confidence.
    13. My eyes.
    14. Yeah - a supportive household.
    15. Spending the day in the shadows is easier. But in the proactive sunlight - is the right thing to do.
    16. Fire.
    17. Family and friends.
    18. Hut in the forest. Shire hut. Here.
    19. Thoughts, fears, worries.
    20. Not gonna happen. Those who know, know.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Self discovery quiz, maybe? I really don't know how to call this thread.

Great questions!

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Paradoxical
    2. Choose an animal to define yourself: Based only on the traits you've associated with them, wolf.
    3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? Definitely!
    4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically? Yes. People who live with animals and aren't crappy "owners" definitely understand their animal(s).
    5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for) Best: I'm compassionate. Worst: I'm a procrastinator of varying severity.
    6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though. : Creating or consuming media, sometimes at the same time (editing photos/writing while listening to tv/music, for example). I like to also go on "adventures" (exploring the city/trails with friends, concerts that end with midnight icecream, and so on)
    7. What is your favourite type of music and why? I really do listen to all types of music, depending on mood and activity. However, I end up gravitating towards rock and country usually, with the occasional pop spree.
    8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? The ability to be able to pick up languages easily. I'm pretty decent at reading the languages as I study them, but pronunciation kills me.
    9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? ....This may sound lame, but my cat Rascal. He died too young and I'm still not over it. He has been the only animal who was completely bonded with me, and I never got the chance to spoil him in his old age.
    10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why? Given our volatile past and rocky present, my mom. She grew up in a bad place and time, has a history of mental illness and abuse leveled towards her, and has put us through some good and bad times. And yet, she is growing finally from it, able to get past certain issues. She's actually able to express anger in a healthy manner at times, and always apologizes. This old school Catholic woman who believes God hates her has actually agreed to think about stepping into a metaphysical store and talking to pagans about health and reiki.
    11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it? I...don't know. I do know that I have always said do not strike in anger. I also will not allow drama in my house or around my children, if that counts.
    12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be? Hm. I have asked myself this a lot, actually. I wish I hadn't let my 5th grade art teacher bully me into stopping drawing. I used to be pretty decent at animals, especially wolves and horses.
    13. What is one thing people notice about you? My hair or eyes.
    14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it? I have always wanted my family (parents/siblings) to be close knit, but that obviously will never happen. Oh well, I'll focus on my children and husband and friends.
    15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong? I've had more than my share of shadows, thank you. Give me that sunlight (but only if I get to sit down! =P )
    16. Choose one element that gets to you most: Air. I actually, when I was little, pretended the wind whispered to me and played with me when I had no friends. I still get chills when it's windy (storm weather invigorates me like nothing else)
    17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them. My children. For someone who never even knew if she wanted children, they are the best part of me.
    18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky? Of these choices, flat/apartment in the city.
    19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends? The fact that I'm still afraid I annoy them (even my best friends/husband who I have known for years and who rationally, I know I don't). Also, the fact that I have figured out exactly what to say to get them to never talk to me again. (Through nothing but a random thought based on observations.)
    20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path? Reading, a lot. Learning to find joy in myself and experiences rather than through others (ie, not basing my happiness on making others happy, learning what makes me happy). Remembering a time when I was okay and not damaged.
    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Great answers, faye_cat!
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

No sarcasm and no negative energy? That's gonna be a challenge! (But it's a good one.)

- Baa (the sheep sound)
        - Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger
        - Cat: Think you're the centre of the world, lazy, independent, protective when needed
        - They can learn something but there are also lot of things in the animal kingdom that are not worth learning.
        4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically?
        - To some extent, yes. But I don't believe in 'conversation' as humans perceive it. Probably animals would be too smart to discuss the weather.
        - Best: In most situations I can stay calm. I have my limits though.
        Worst: I'm bitter towards everything and it affects how I behave.
        6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though.
        7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative.
        - Folk music, especially Asian, such as Tibetan, Buryatian, Mongolian and Uighur music. I also like yoik (traditional singing of the Sami people) and throat singing. And Florence + the Machine, is that can be called a type of music. I like unique singing voices and rhythms.
        8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality.
        - A purpose for my life. (A bit cheesy, I know!)
        9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it.
        - I'd rather not meddle in the matters of life and death.
        - I'm proud of all my new (and old!) friends because they are tolerant and patient people.
        11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it?
        - I don't drink alcohol. I don't give that rule to others, I just stay away from the booze. I have many other rules as well but they tend to change. I try not to lie and I try to be useful to people, regardless of my personal opinions about them.
        - I would probably think twice before applying to study languages (or at least the language I'm studying now). But on the other hand, it's not really that bad. Perhaps I wouldn't change anything. It has happened this way and I must take how it comes.
        - That I'm left-handed.
        14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it?
        - Completely normal life and a healthy view about myself. It's not that bad though.
        15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong?
        - Sunlight! I have a tendency to gravitate towards the shadows but let's see what happens if I choose the sunlight. Not too much though, as a ridiculously pale and easily burned I'm a bit paranoid about the sun.
        17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them.
        - Life.
        18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky?
        - Hut! People call me a hermit anyway.
        19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends?
        - Things I'm afraid of, health related worries.
        - Nothing. I quit. But I still respect spirituality and religions and find them fascinating.
        baah.

Comment

I'd say I'm also thoughtful.

I'd say, from the choices provided, that I closely identify with a wolf.

Most definitely. There's a lot that we've already learned from animals but we should definitely be taking better notes.

Of course! I think any loving pet-owner or animal enthusiast will agree with me on this. They communicate with us everyday. It's just a matter of paying attention.

Best: Sincere.
          Worst: Overthinker.

Several Hours: Checking the new stock in my local used bookstore. Maybe add some details to a painting.
          One Day: Take care of errands, go hiking, have a picnic, enjoy the night indoors OR enjoy the day indoors and go stargazing with a picnic at night.
          One Week: Visit my grandparents! I'd also probably wanna go camping.
          One Month: Probably everything combined but I enjoy being home. So I'd enjoy the freedom to do as I please when I please, haha.

Indie, Pop, Ambient, and Downtempo Electronica (or anything, really--make it catchy.) Alternative or Hard Rock. RnB and a tiny bit of Rap.

Being able to eat what I want and stay at a healthy weight.

Hmm...I want to say I would bring someone back but I wouldn't. I'm fearful of the consequences.

This is honestly a hard question. Mainly because I am proud of a lot of people. Everyone has a battle that they face almost everyday. Ya know, the people that I am close to are the ones that tell me about their struggles and what makes me proud of them is when they don't let that get in the way. They continue to live life and love. I am proud of my family and the people who I've become friends with. It's hard to pick just one.

I'm generally an easy going person but The ONLY consistent rule that I do have for myself and for my home (and it rarely comes up) is watching scary movies and/or using an ouji board. Some people might role their eyes at it but...I'm not sorry. I will disappear within seconds if those two things are prompted.

Everything I can think of leads back to education. I wish that I put college off a little more so that, during that time, I could have had less stress during schooling. I had no car, very little money, a big bag of anxiety, and no control over anything that was happening around me. I just wasn't ready for school and yet I was pushed into it because it was a rule in the household.

I knew it then and I know it now. I do better when I have stability and control over my surroundings and I feel at my worst when my education is jeopardized.

My wildly curly hair.

The part of this question that throws me off is the "you'll never have it." Life is filled with surprises and I'm so young that I'll probably see plently of them. I don't know, I take life as it is given to me and accept that it is the way it is for a reason. If I wished for it to be different then it would only be for a moment before I just accept the situation.

Each serves their purpose but if the sunlight is friendly--I'll probably have a pretty awesome day.

Earth - Stability

Honesty.

Citadel in the sky but only if it guaranteed that it will never fall. Otherwise, I very much enjoy my apartment in the city, haha!

I generally de-emphasize on anything that I feel uncomfortable talking about. If it's the right time, right place, and the right person I'll be open but to an extent. Even my close friends don't get full details unless I feel that it will benefit them.

The knowledge I've received, the experiences I've gone through, the courage to be true to myself, and the support to do what works best for me.

Comment

Passionate

- Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger (this is me almost EXACTLY)

absolutely yes.

absolutely yes.

5. List your best and worst quality.
            Best: I am loyal to my friends and my ideals and will protect them at all costs
            Worst: I can be kind of uncompromising at times. It's caused problems.

ohh wow.... um. I think I would actually just spend it with my computer in the library or other quiet place, reading or writing something I care about a lot. someplace peaceful.

Welp, if you want specifics, it's the soundtrack to Les Mis, because that has actually saved my life. (not an exaggeration.) but beyond Les Mis, I listen to other Broadway soundtracks, Taylor Swift, a few individual pop songs (Pompeii, Centuries, Royals.) also Irish folk music - gotta represent the ancestors, I love Ireland too much to ignore it oh yeah, and Ed Sheeran. definitely.
            ... it's kind of a big eclectic blend. I know I'm forgetting like five other types right now. :P

I would NOT want immortality anyway, that would be a curse. Tbh I would use the wish to affect other people, not myself. I'm thinking on a global level. I'd try to change the world for the better with it. Like maybe I would disable all the nuclear weapons that various govts have... or something. They don't need those nukes. There is no possible good reason.
            (hey, you asked for honesty! That's the kind of person I am.)

I need to know more about the stone before I choose. Do they have to be RECENTLY dead? Do they have to be someone I know personally? Does someone else have to die to take their place?

You know what, this probably sounds selfish, but I am proud of myself for making it this far with crippling anxiety. That's huge for me.

I used to, but... not so much anymore. I just do what makes me or the people around me feel good.

hmm.... well, I would kinda like to be more influential than I am now. It seems like I don't get that much done now. idk if that counts though.

Everywhere I go, within the first week usually, I gain a reputation as "that activist girl" or "the feminist one." So I guess it's that.

damn, what a question. no, I am too much of an idealist to think "I'll never have that," no matter how big it is.

Sunlight. Every time. ( <--- Apollo worshiper here)

Liberty.

oh... I had to think about this one. I think probably a flat in the city, just because it's closest to the action that I love so much.

Certain things I have done in the past. No one gets to know.

Lol. While I was in college, my freshman roommate completely did NOT understand my "Coexist" bumper sticker and my Japanese kanji that I had on post-it notes on my part of the wall. The kanji said things like "peace," "love," "serenity," etc. Said roomie apparently didn't feel like she should TALK TO ME about this, so instead, she just went ahead and told the whole campus that I was a witch and was trying to put a curse on her while she slept. I also had a lot of Harry Potter paraphernalia (which I still have!) that she did not understand, and I also dressed up like Morgan le Fey that year for Halloween, and it looked to her like witchcraft. So she kept spreading this rumor.
            So after several months of this, it finally came to my attention that this is what she thought of me. So I went online and Googled "modern witchcraft." It led me to an informational site on Wicca, which led me to paganism in general. I then spent all my free time that week finding out all the basics that I could about witchcraft and paganism. I took a really long walk in the woods near campus, and saw several things and experienced things that I interpreted as divine signs. So I decided that I wanted to be pagan.
            Artemis and Apollo have sent me several signs and communication over the course of my life, so that's why they're my patrons, and I stick with them because they've both been incredibly wonderful to me. And I still do practice witchcraft as well, very rarely, but I do, because I like it. I don't think there's any better reason to stay with something than that.

This was fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by TyrianHues View Post
              I'd say I'm also thoughtful.

I'd say, from the choices provided, that I closely identify with a wolf.

Most definitely. There's a lot that we've already learned from animals but we should definitely be taking better notes.

Of course! I think any loving pet-owner or animal enthusiast will agree with me on this. They communicate with us everyday. It's just a matter of paying attention.

Best: Sincere.
              Worst: Overthinker.

Several Hours: Checking the new stock in my local used bookstore. Maybe add some details to a painting.
              One Day: Take care of errands, go hiking, have a picnic, enjoy the night indoors OR enjoy the day indoors and go stargazing with a picnic at night.
              One Week: Visit my grandparents! I'd also probably wanna go camping.
              One Month: Probably everything combined but I enjoy being home. So I'd enjoy the freedom to do as I please when I please, haha.

Indie, Pop, Ambient, and Downtempo Electronica (or anything, really--make it catchy.) Alternative or Hard Rock. RnB and a tiny bit of Rap.

Being able to eat what I want and stay at a healthy weight.

Hmm...I want to say I would bring someone back but I wouldn't. I'm fearful of the consequences.

This is honestly a hard question. Mainly because I am proud of a lot of people. Everyone has a battle that they face almost everyday. Ya know, the people that I am close to are the ones that tell me about their struggles and what makes me proud of them is when they don't let that get in the way. They continue to live life and love. I am proud of my family and the people who I've become friends with. It's hard to pick just one.

I'm generally an easy going person but The ONLY consistent rule that I do have for myself and for my home (and it rarely comes up) is watching scary movies and/or using an ouji board. Some people might role their eyes at it but...I'm not sorry. I will disappear within seconds if those two things are prompted.

Everything I can think of leads back to education. I wish that I put college off a little more so that, during that time, I could have had less stress during schooling. I had no car, very little money, a big bag of anxiety, and no control over anything that was happening around me. I just wasn't ready for school and yet I was pushed into it because it was a rule in the household.

I knew it then and I know it now. I do better when I have stability and control over my surroundings and I feel at my worst when my education is jeopardized.

My wildly curly hair.

The part of this question that throws me off is the "you'll never have it." Life is filled with surprises and I'm so young that I'll probably see plently of them. I don't know, I take life as it is given to me and accept that it is the way it is for a reason. If I wished for it to be different then it would only be for a moment before I just accept the situation.

Each serves their purpose but if the sunlight is friendly--I'll probably have a pretty awesome day.

Earth - Stability

Honesty.

Citadel in the sky but only if it guaranteed that it will never fall. Otherwise, I very much enjoy my apartment in the city, haha!

I generally de-emphasize on anything that I feel uncomfortable talking about. If it's the right time, right place, and the right person I'll be open but to an extent. Even my close friends don't get full details unless I feel that it will benefit them.

The knowledge I've received, the experiences I've gone through, the courage to be true to myself, and the support to do what works best for me.
              The time periods in question 6 are just examples of free time periods. You can choose one or more. Just note. But it only means you're creative!

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
              Passionate

- Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger (this is me almost EXACTLY)

absolutely yes.

absolutely yes.

5. List your best and worst quality.
              Best: I am loyal to my friends and my ideals and will protect them at all costs
              Worst: I can be kind of uncompromising at times. It's caused problems.

ohh wow.... um. I think I would actually just spend it with my computer in the library or other quiet place, reading or writing something I care about a lot. someplace peaceful.

Welp, if you want specifics, it's the soundtrack to Les Mis, because that has actually saved my life. (not an exaggeration.) but beyond Les Mis, I listen to other Broadway soundtracks, Taylor Swift, a few individual pop songs (Pompeii, Centuries, Royals.) also Irish folk music - gotta represent the ancestors, I love Ireland too much to ignore it oh yeah, and Ed Sheeran. definitely.
              ... it's kind of a big eclectic blend. I know I'm forgetting like five other types right now. :P

I would NOT want immortality anyway, that would be a curse. Tbh I would use the wish to affect other people, not myself. I'm thinking on a global level. I'd try to change the world for the better with it. Like maybe I would disable all the nuclear weapons that various govts have... or something. They don't need those nukes. There is no possible good reason.
              (hey, you asked for honesty! That's the kind of person I am.)

I need to know more about the stone before I choose. Do they have to be RECENTLY dead? Do they have to be someone I know personally? Does someone else have to die to take their place?

You know what, this probably sounds selfish, but I am proud of myself for making it this far with crippling anxiety. That's huge for me.

I used to, but... not so much anymore. I just do what makes me or the people around me feel good.

hmm.... well, I would kinda like to be more influential than I am now. It seems like I don't get that much done now. idk if that counts though.

Everywhere I go, within the first week usually, I gain a reputation as "that activist girl" or "the feminist one." So I guess it's that.

damn, what a question. no, I am too much of an idealist to think "I'll never have that," no matter how big it is.

Sunlight. Every time. ( <--- Apollo worshiper here)

Liberty.

oh... I had to think about this one. I think probably a flat in the city, just because it's closest to the action that I love so much.

Certain things I have done in the past. No one gets to know.

Lol. While I was in college, my freshman roommate completely did NOT understand my "Coexist" bumper sticker and my Japanese kanji that I had on post-it notes on my part of the wall. The kanji said things like "peace," "love," "serenity," etc. Said roomie apparently didn't feel like she should TALK TO ME about this, so instead, she just went ahead and told the whole campus that I was a witch and was trying to put a curse on her while she slept. I also had a lot of Harry Potter paraphernalia (which I still have!) that she did not understand, and I also dressed up like Morgan le Fey that year for Halloween, and it looked to her like witchcraft. So she kept spreading this rumor.
              So after several months of this, it finally came to my attention that this is what she thought of me. So I went online and Googled "modern witchcraft." It led me to an informational site on Wicca, which led me to paganism in general. I then spent all my free time that week finding out all the basics that I could about witchcraft and paganism. I took a really long walk in the woods near campus, and saw several things and experienced things that I interpreted as divine signs. So I decided that I wanted to be pagan.
              Artemis and Apollo have sent me several signs and communication over the course of my life, so that's why they're my patrons, and I stick with them because they've both been incredibly wonderful to me. And I still do practice witchcraft as well, very rarely, but I do, because I like it. I don't think there's any better reason to stay with something than that.

This was fun!!
              You're fairly insightful, Nightingale. Question 8. You knew the reason for the question's exception. Very good!
              As for your spiritual path - very interesting. People can be douchebags, don't pay attention and remember that you're awesome!

Comment

Calm.

At work I'm a cat, but at home a wolf!

Yes, I think humans can learn from any situation. However, I think to be more realistic about our domination over each other and other beings could be a lesson for many of us. My favourite author Robin Hobb seems to have a special connection to animals. She writes in the person of Nighteyes, a wolf, and companion to her main character:
                You forbid? You forbid? Forbid the wind to blow past your stone den then, or the grass to grow in the earth around it. You have as much right. You forbid. - Nighteyes in the Royal Assassin.
                I don't think we can communicate metaphysically with animals. I do think we are capable of getting our points across, one to another.

My best and worst are two edges of the same sword. I love deeply but can get jealous and possessive when insecure.

I would really like to go to the Daintree Rainforest or go on a yoga retreat.

My favourite band is Falling Up. I can relate to their lyrics and their songs can be soothing, energizing and can challenge my point of view at times. They are a Christian Experimental Rock band.

To be really lucky!

I was going to nominate a friend of mine, but he committed suicide so I don't think he'd like that. I'd like to bring back St Paul and ask him to explain his epistles.

I'm proud of myself for achieving beyond what many thought I would considering my upbringing. I'm proud of mum for pouring all her resources into making a better life for us as best as she was able.

Yes, do not exploit the weaknesses of others. This includes bullying.

I probably would have avoided getting hung up on video games.

I am usually smiling.

I get everything I want. I'm either incredibly spoilt or am easy to please!

If it's a work day, I'd rather be in pain/ill and stay home. Also, sometimes pain is a good teacher. It's good to let things run their course and not miss the lesson.

Water.

My relationships with my immediate family.

In the forest! An apartment is too small, and the citadel in the sky is too lonely.

I don't talk about my faith very openly with others right now, though I would like to.

I want to unchain my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post

I love this answer! How funny that someone's misinterpretation of your habits nudged you in that direction.
                Last edited by Azvanna; 29 Aug 2015, 02:34. Reason: formatting

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                  Yes, I think humans can learn from any situation. However, I think to be more realistic about our domination over each other and other beings could be a lesson for many of us. My favourite author Robin Hobb seems to have a special connection to animals. She writes in the person of Nighteyes, a wolf, and companion to her main character:

I don't think we can communicate metaphysically with animals. I do think we are capable of getting our points across, one to another.
                  I have a video of a man from Georgia who studied wolves and trained his own 22 wolves as a part of his studies and then let them go into the wild. He wanted to check whether the wolves he trained would be similar to the ones that accepted him into their pack. Maybe I'll upload the link to the video with subtitles, after I edit it.

Comment

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Independent *snaps fingers

- Cat: Atheist.

Yes. On how to behave in the natural world. And how to puur.

Yes. Body language and scent, visual and auditory clues. Verbal language is just one of many forms of communication.

Best: Flexible. Makes every place a comfy home. Strong. No nonsense. Pragmatic. Honest.
                    Worst: Uncaring. Emotionally deceitful. Bi Polar. Flippant.

Nin. Nuff said.

Erase my memory.

9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect?
                    Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it.
                    Wolverine. Bring Wolverine back!

My tattoos.

Yes.
                    I hate the sun. So there you go.

My sanity.

In the city so I can go out daily!

My feelings. My motives.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Strong

Well, I'd love to say 'cat', but the definition is rather unflattering. So, going by the correspondences, I'll have to choose

I do, and we should.

Yep. It is proven with cats, dogs, and many primates.

I think my best quality personally is my strength. I can overcome anything. But extrapersonally, I'm extremely loyal.

My worst quality may be that I'm a bit of a show-off, or that I can be apathetic. I think it's a shield, but other people think I'm aloof and unfriendly. Also, I'm extremely sarcastic. So, I don't know what my best and worst are, lol.

I love writing. It's my greatest passion. I would do it all day, every day, if I could.

I also love food and cooking, and crafting. Give me an isolated mountain cabin in the snow, with a fully stocked kitchen, craft room, and plenty of paper and ink, and I'm the happiest girl alive.

Lol, I'm actually not that into music. I'm the black sheep of a very musical family. I like whatever speaks to me at the moment. I guess at this moment, classical or Disney soundtracks. *shrug*

I'd like one of my stories to do well. I don't want to be famous, but I want to be successful enough to be able to write full time.

My aunt Maureen. I never got to know her as well as I wanted to.

This is going to sound one-track and narcissistic, but I'm rather proud of the story I'm working on right now. It's way outside my comfort zone on almost every level, and so far it's being well received. And I've worked on it almost every day for nearly a year, which is a feat in itself. O have a very short attention span where fiction is concerned. Too many ideas.

I don't know. Morality, in my opinion, is circumstantial. Circumstances change and we have to adapt or perish.

I'm not really sure what 'flow of life' means? Like, my lifestyle, or the events of my life? If you mean lifestyle, I wish I had more motivation. There never seem to be enough hours in the day. If you mean regrets, I wish I'd never given up ballet. I loved it so much, and I quit for such a silly reason.

I have very long hair :-D

Mmm...that's a tricky one. I'm a simple girl with simple needs. I can usually work for what I want, or let go of what I can't get.

I guess, at the moment, mermaid hair. It's not that I can't. more that I won't. I'd have to bleach my hair, and it's not worth it. But I still covet dark green locks.

Who has time for pain? I don't do well in the sun, but if it gets rid of the angst, I'm all for it.

Quintuple scorpio. Always a water girl.

My computer. My life is on this laptop. That sounds materialistic, I know. But it's mostly all my stories. I couldn't face the morning after the day I lost all of them. Again.

But also my cat, Maggie. She's been my constant companion for 17 years
                      20141025_143721.jpg

Depends on the city. Big city, no. Reasonable sized city with all the luxuries, but less mess, sure. The forest might be too removed for long-term living. I like my comforts.

But never the cloud city. Never never.

Well, no offence, but if I'm not going to tell a close friend... :-)

There are some things I keep close. But I keep them very close.

I have a friend who has issues with anxiety and depression. I suggested that she try meditation. The I realised that I miss it too. That led to a short story about a young pagan girl, and that pulled me back into all of this again.

Waaay back in the day, when I was 9 years old, I was on the internet with my mother. We ran across a satanic website, so she decided to show me what Satanism was, as well as other 'New Age' lifestyles. I discovered Wicca and witchcraft and never turned back.
                      She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Comment

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Thoughtful
                          - Owl
                          3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? Absolutely
                          Yes, in simple ways like how we present ourselves, and the respect we project

5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for) My best quality is that I am thoughtful. My worst is that I'm impulsive

I'm outdoorsy, I love to hike and cycle, oh and eat good food, while drinking good beer. So just um, combine all that.

I have an eclectic taste, from metal to classical. Right now I'd say folkly stuff is on the top of my list.

8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him?
                          Everything except immortality.
                          I'd say an ability to communicate more fully with the natural world.

Pass.
                          Pass. I'm proud of plenty of people.

I'd generally just like to think that in my life I will have given everyone I come across respect.

To slow it down.

I'm very soft spoken.

I generally just think the world will never be as I wish it would.

Proactive

Earth

Personal relationships. It's funny how much effort we put into people and relationships long after the point in which they were relevant. I'm lucky to have had such wonderful people in my life, And will always try hard to keep them.
                          But in the forest PLEASE

II can be a bit of a doormat sometimes, and often others take me for granted. That never feels nice but ultimately it's not worth the conflict to me.

Honestly it was natural. At its core up until this point I've been led down my path in part due to a inner monologue I've had since a young age. Ever since I was a young child I liked to spend time in nature just taking it in, reflecting and understand. Now in my late twentys I still walk the familiar path

Comment

Of course you don't have to answer questions you don't feel comfortable with but the original point of the quiz is to get to know one another a bit closer. So don't be afraid to post personal things here.

Comment

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Caring
                              3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? Of course, we would not be where we are today if we did not learn from animals.
                              4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically? Yes, animals tend to be very intelligent, most know what you're saying and if you're kind and respect the animal you're comunnicating with, they will find a way to convey what they wish to communicate back to you.
                              5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for) Best would be a caring for all beings. Worst would be that i'm a gret procrastinator
                              6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though. . Sitting at the top of a mountain, looking out at the beauty of the earth and sky, simply relaxing.
                              7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative. Anything slow, calming and upbeat, it seems hard to find all 3 in one, but when you do, being both calm and upbeat is simply wonderful
                              8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality. To be able to heal all forms of plant life.
                              9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it. I would simply hide the stone, life and death aren't things that should be played with.
                              10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why? My daughter, she is wonderful in every way, she is my reason for getting up each day and her own intelligence surprises and amazes me constantly, she will grow to have powers beyond any i've ever known.
                              11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it? I will never use anything with the purpose of becoming intoxicated. I don't give others a holy rule, I only ask that the people around me be themselves, nothing more, nothing less
                              12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be? nothing, my life is as it should be and will go where it shall and i'm happy with that.
                              13. What is one thing people notice about you? For those that just see me, my eyes. But for those who speak to me, my lack of confidence in myself.
                              14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it? Yes
                              15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong? Protective sunlight
                              17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them. My daughter
                              18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky? A den in the forest
                              19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends? I'm scared.
                              20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path? A voice that told me that there are people that need my help finding their own paths

Comment

Working...
                              X