Meditating advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditating advice?

HA! I went a month without posting a question *Is stupidly proud of pointless accomplishment*

It's not that I have TROUBLE meditating, but I just don't know what to DO. Mostly I have three questions; Am I supposed to visualize myself somewhere or not? Am I supposed to say anything? Or am I supposed to just kind of stare at the floaty dots behind my eyes? Any help would be fantastic.
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Re: Meditating advice?

What did I tell you about asking questions?
    Anyway.. The purpose of meditation is to relax. You can do it in various positions - sitting, lying on your stomach/back... As long as your body feels relaxed, it will do. Try imagining yourself in a place that calms you down - if it's by a river in the high mountains with fresh air and birds singing, or on the seaside... Spend some time like this. It's the best I can describe it. Maybe you will find it helpful to turn on relaxing music of some sort so it will help you concentrate on the place you choose. Oh and maintaining your breath is also important - slow, deep breath.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      What did I tell you about asking questions?
      Anyway.. The purpose of meditation is to relax. You can do it in various positions - sitting, lying on your stomach/back... As long as your body feels relaxed, it will do. Try imagining yourself in a place that calms you down - if it's by a river in the high mountains with fresh air and birds singing, or on the seaside... Spend some time like this. It's the best I can describe it. Maybe you will find it helpful to turn on relaxing music of some sort so it will help you concentrate on the place you choose. Oh and maintaining your breath is also important - slow, deep breath.
      You told me a lot of things about asking questions!

Hehe, thank you so much though This is really great advice and I'll definitely try this today. Thanks a lot! <3

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
        You told me a lot of things about asking questions!

Hehe, thank you so much though This is really great advice and I'll definitely try this today. Thanks a lot! <3
        Don't be afraid to ask questions!
        Glad that helped, though!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Don't be afraid to ask questions!
          Glad that helped, though!
          Oh yeah that xD Don't worry I won't be <3
          It really did help!

Comment

Truth is it helps not to really try..funny thing about meditation,it is a contradiction in some ways...less is more if you understand my meaning. For some letting go is hard,if you are very connected to the material world. Ask B. De. about say the lightness of being or the be here now idea...

Relax and go with the flow...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Something that helped me when I first started meditating is finding guided meditations. I also just found nature sounds on youtube, put on headphones, and closed my eyes. Headphones always seem to enhance the experience. You can also focus on a single element (fire from a candle or incense smoke, or a fountain of water) and just let your mind wander as you focus on it.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                HA! I went a month without posting a question *Is stupidly proud of pointless accomplishment*

It's not that I have TROUBLE meditating, but I just don't know what to DO. Mostly I have three questions; Am I supposed to visualize myself somewhere or not? Am I supposed to say anything? Or am I supposed to just kind of stare at the floaty dots behind my eyes? Any help would be fantastic.
                Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just simply trying to still your mind, then there are multiple ways of achieving that. Visualizing does indeed work, so does doing the old counting techniques... but don't let yourself fall asleep. Then just try to hold the stillness and let any passing thoughts just fly by like clouds.

If you are trying to enhance yourself spiritually (energy work, cleaning your aura, communicating with entities) then you will have to do power meditations.
                Depending on how much control you have, doing this when you're tired is the best time if you're just beginning. Just start meditating like you normally would, then let your mind kinda gaze off. You'll notice that you will start to have dreams play out in your head and it may feel like you are about to fall asleep, realize this and after a few times you should be able to put yourself in a trance by stilling your mind at the precise point you start to drift off. It takes a bit of practice. NOTE: At this stage you might begin to have energy rushes where you will have energy start to flow through your chakras. It may spook you but don't be frightened, if you remain calm this can be an AMAZING feeling and you can do many great things with this energy. I hope this helped, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Comment

Meditation can be used for a whole variety of purposes, and there are an infinite number of ways to do it.

Try this:

I find myself trying to explain this often enough that I thought a thread specifically devoted to it might be useful. Before I begin, let me say that I've been meditating for about 35 years, so I think I know something about it. However, my knowledge is limited to and by my experience, so I want to make it clear that I am
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I find that it's easier to do guided meditations. The ones I've encountered are usually either someone telling you to focus on your breaths or different parts of your body, or someone walking you through visualisations. I had been meditating fairly regularly for about a year before I felt comfortable just doing it alone with music. I still have trouble clearing my mind of all thought. That's the tricky one.

It takes a lot of practise, but it's really rewarding when you get the hang of it.
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                    X