No announcement yet.

Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

I'm placing this here because I think it could turn into a really heated debate. That said hopefully it will stay calm and peaceful even as people make their points. Have to watch video to see full breath of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Myself I am willing to give aid where I can yet I have a great dislike towards those whom I feel are abusing that aid. In this instance I truly do feel this is such an example of abuse of the system.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

It should not ever be my responsibility to take care of someone without foresight.

I whole-heartedly object to anyone who has a child and cannot tend to it themselves. Period.

This video makes me want to stop paying taxes, if only to stop contributing to welfare and what-not. Upsetting. Rawr.

Comment

Re: Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

Kid One I'd help. Kid 2-15 I'd abort.
      True story.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

(Insert Lana Kane voice) NOPE!

Comment

I don't want to comment on the story because I've got a lot of inner conflict about this situation and I can't really figure out where to start.

However, what makes me curious with people like the lady in the article. the Duggar's, and Octo-mom... Why do they feel like they need to have so many children?
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Obviously, its socially irresponsible to have a ton of children. However stuff like this is symptom of Americas greater wealth inequality and poverty problem. Such conditions create such people in such situations. There is a bigger picture here.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              I don't want to comment on the story because I've got a lot of inner conflict about this situation and I can't really figure out where to start.

However, what makes me curious with people like the lady in the article. the Duggar's, and Octo-mom... Why do they feel like they need to have so many children?
              Duggar's: God told them.
              Octo Mom: Cray cray

Comment

One question - who made her give birth to so many? No wonder the system can't provide for her..
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Yeah. Well it also doesn't help that Planned Parenthood is getting de-funded across the states. IF you really hate helping welfare moms, then fund the baby killing factory. Duh people. Duh duh duh.

Comment

I was about to suggest children houses, but then I remembered she'd have to pay for that... And it's going to be one hell of a pay.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Some faiths require that the wife spit out as many children as they physically can. I just...it makes me angry that people are really struggling out there, but someone who knew that they were going to have a huge family expects their kids to be taken care of.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I don't agree with having that many children even if you can afford them all. Because even if you can afford them there is no way you can provide the emotion support, or the one on one time that each child needs.In those situations the older sibling wind up looking after the younger ones. I do believe in welfare and I do believe in assistance because there are times when everyone hits a low spot and need a little aid but I do not believe in for lifers. Not everyone is out to cheat the system.

I also fully agree with Duce. You don't wanna pay for all those babies then quit de-funding planned parenthood. I have used a quote before and I will use it again. Most of the people who claim they are pro-life aren't pro-life they are pro-birth. You claim that terminating a pregnancy is murder and wrong and yet once those babies are born you don't want anything else to do with them. You don't want to aid in the raising of them, or making sure they have food. You don't care about their homes, or their education.

In the case of this woman I don't think she deserves to have her children, and that makes me extremely sad. But I'd much rather they grow up in a home that can fit where they are well fed and taken care of by someone or someones who is also going to more successfully set them up with a good future.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Okay, you just know I'm going to come at it from a different angle, don't you? Because what we're talking about it not things, it's people. It's children. They had no say in whether they were born or not. I don't want to see them starving on the streets, or sold to a paedophile, because that's the sort of thing that can happen when children are starving. Remember that - it wasn't the children's fault.

Maybe it wasn't the mother's fault either. I mean, did I mishear this or do you have to pay for the Pill etc in the US? Because you don't here in the UK. So 15 kids would be unusual here (not unheard of though) and as someone pointed out, some faiths forbid the use of birth control. Blame the faith then, not the mother.

Of course, the mother may just be feckless. Or she may have learning difficulties. Or whatever. But please please don't fall into the trap of believing we should not have to contribute to things we personally don't need.

To give you some examples:

Unemployment benefits - I'm in a job, why should I pay? Because, o silly sod, you may be out of work yourself one day.

Ditto sickness and disability benefits - we're all just a heartbeat away from that

Health care - why should smokers/the obese/ alcohol and drug abusers get free care? Well, why should motorists? Or pedestrians/cyclists/people who go potholing and so on.

And children? Why should I pay for other people's children? Why not. Somebody probably paid for you. You may not realise it, but they did. They paid taxes towards schools etc., and maybe they didn't have children, either.

And there's something else. Stop thinking of large poor families as a waste of space. I had a large family - not that large, but to some people, it was big. And you know what? My children all grew up to be good, useful members of society. All have good jobs, made good homes, and some now have families of their own. I - and they - owe the state big time for that.

And maybe, just maybe, one day when we're all old and knackered and living in a care home, or needing help to change our nappies, the very carers who come out and tend to us - you know, those low paid workers that nobody gives a damn about - maybe they'll be the ones looking after us.

Ok, rant over. You can all come out now.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

It's a numbers game to be honest. We can't give to everyone in need if everyone keeps popping babies out they can't take care of. Eventually THEY are their own cause for not getting help. She will just have to go to the next mother of umpteen kids and get some food from her. I'm all tapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              It's a numbers game to be honest. We can't give to everyone in need if everyone keeps popping babies out they can't take care of. Eventually THEY are their own cause for not getting help. She will just have to go to the next mother of umpteen kids and get some food from her. I'm all tapped out.
                              But this is my point, Medusa, you shouldn't be tapped out. You work hard. I know you do. And you need help too. The thing is, you live in one of if not THE richest country on the planet. Where is all that money going? The richest one percent hang onto their money like it's been superglued to them and tell everyone else to tighten their belts.

We are starting the same problems over here - no social security for more than two children. I agree that fifteen is mind boggling (can't even start to imagine 15 labours!) but where does it stop? You and I both know where - China's one child policy. Not a good thing.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X