Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had this dream 2 years ago, but I still remember it. Could it mean anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this dream 2 years ago, but I still remember it. Could it mean anything?

Hello all The only reason I'm even asking this is because this dream was very out of the ordinary. For one, I remembered it. I don't ever dream, but when I do I forget it as soon as I wake up, only remembering I dreamed of something. Also, I've had a deep connection with horses my entire life, so it struck a strange cord with me.

I remembered this dream vividly. I don't remember it as well now, but I still remember. I just have this feeling that...... it was important. I don't remember any other dream but this one.

I dreamed about a horse. He was locked in a small, dark stall. There was dirty hay on the ground, piled up higher in one corner than anywhere else. The horse was beautiful, and SO powerful. I can't remember his color, but I think he was a chestnut or light bay. I knew it was a male, I just sensed it. He was frightened, he was hurt, and he was angry. He reared and pawed, trying desperately to break free. I wanted desperately to help him, but I was also afraid. I thought it was one of the horses from the stable I used to ride at, but looking back now I'm not so sure. I don't think he was. Weirdly enough as I was thinking about the dream, the name King came to me..... I think that was his name. King. I don't know any horse named King, but I think that was his name. I don't know if this next part is 100% accurate, but I think there was a thunderstorm. I think there was a window letting in the wind, the rain. I could hear the thunder and see the lightning.

Uh, so if you can make any sense of the crap I just wrote, I was just curious if you think it meant something
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Re: I had this dream 2 years ago, but I still remember it. Could it mean anything?

It could mean that you were feeling trapped or scared at the time. Were you possibly in a situation you wanted to escape from?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: I had this dream 2 years ago, but I still remember it. Could it mean anything?

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      It could mean that you were feeling trapped or scared at the time. Were you possibly in a situation you wanted to escape from?
      I would say it is pretty much this.

Horses are often seen as majestic creatures and more often than not are used as metaphors for freedom, you confirm this by seeing it as a beautiful animal. But this one has been obviously confined to a small space for a while. Dirty hay means decay, as while normally it would provide sustenance for the horse here it would likely harm it. It is also piled into a corner much like an old piece of furniture would, keeping the theme of "old".

He is trying to escape and I would go so far as saying the sounds are to call your attention, and while you consider helping him but you are unable to provide assistance because he too scares you. He is named King and you said he was powerful, but he is wounded, scared, and wrathful. Like a king who was betrayed, correct? A prisoner in his own castle. The theme is repeated with the thunderstorm, which is often a metaphor for confusion and unstable emotional states - and the lightning, too, has dashes of "power" to it.

My take on it is that you were going through a difficult emotional situation at the time - yourself or someone close to you.
      Last edited by NeoPlatonic; 31 Aug 2015, 12:47.

Comment

Ah, thank you to both of you!
        Hmm...... there was no crisis going on, HOWEVER I was still a Christian then, something I was very unhappy with, that made me feel limited and caged, so I suspect that may have had something to do with it.....
        Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Working...
        X