Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contacting/Interacting With/ Talking to the Gods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contacting/Interacting With/ Talking to the Gods?

Originally posted by Banu View Post
    There are many Therians who identify with prey animals. I'm not sure how much you've experienced of that community but I also spent some time looking into therianthropy. In the end, I decided that I am not one, but I met some really interesting and thoughtful people. I even met one lady who identified as part earwig.

Anyway, back to the subject--I think it also bears mentioning that we hear a lot about experiences of divine communication or connection because they're more interesting to talk about than all the other times where we just meditated peacefully in shrine. Stories of divine contact get blown out of proportion that way, and folks who hear about these things expect to experience them all the time and think they're failing if they don't. It's actually quite natural to have a quiet day in shrine. Once you get used to the silence, perhaps you'll start to notice more easily the subtle things which mark an experience as something special.
    Off topic reply

Most experience I have with therians is either online or those who jump into it from the totem perspective. Honestly can't say I've met any that identify with a prey animal as their soul part they've always been predators. Not just predators but most time the big ones like bears, wolves, cougars / puma. In many ways the same creature's you see so often identified as being their totems.

Where I see some difference is the otherkin group. Some of them I admit I can't follow for they try to use the otherkin aspect of demons, angels, mythologic creatures but say they have a split soul as well with part being dogs, cats, etc. That group I've seen a rabbit, a mouse and I want to say a dolphin. But they do not identify as therians but otherkin.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Off topic reply

Most experience I have with therians is either online or those who jump into it from the totem perspective. Honestly can't say I've met any that identify with a prey animal as their soul part they've always been predators. Not just predators but most time the big ones like bears, wolves, cougars / puma. In many ways the same creature's you see so often identified as being their totems.

Where I see some difference is the otherkin group. Some of them I admit I can't follow for they try to use the otherkin aspect of demons, angels, mythologic creatures but say they have a split soul as well with part being dogs, cats, etc. That group I've seen a rabbit, a mouse and I want to say a dolphin. But they do not identify as therians but otherkin.
      Interesting! I wonder if perhaps the prey animals are just more quiet than their predator counterparts.
      With kind regards,
      Banu

Comment

Originally posted by Banu View Post
        Interesting! I wonder if perhaps the prey animals are just more quiet than their predator counterparts.
        There are a few different theories on why this is, but I personally tend to go with the idea that people tend to see what they want to see. Very few people want to admit that their animal guide is Earthworm, let alone their therioside. I don't run in therianthrope or otherkin circles, but I've known a number of therians over the years via blogs and LJ and my observations are similar to Monsno's.

Comment

Working...
        X