X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feral cats. Neuter or kill?

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    Because people think it will take a long time.
    The average lifespan of a cared for cat is 15 years. So, for 15 years, you expect charities to care for the world's 100 million something feral cats?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      The average lifespan of a cared for cat is 15 years. So, for 15 years, you expect charities to care for the world's 100 million something feral cats?
      No. I know very well we can't save everyone. It doesn't mean we can't try and help/support the future generations.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Eat the cats, profit off of cat stew, reinvest money into infrastructure. Win/win.

Comment

We cause the over population by dumping Domestic cats when we tire of them. The feral cats did NOT spring full grown into the outdoors. We should not even have them as pets if we can not be responsible in their care. Just saying,and sometimes putting them down IS being responsible. I love cats,BUT there is like and then their is responsible LOVE.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            We cause the over population by dumping Domestic cats when we tire of them. The feral cats did NOT spring full grown into the outdoors. We should not even have them as pets if we can not be responsible in their care. Just saying,and sometimes putting them down IS being responsible. I love cats,BUT there is like and then their is responsible LOVE.
            Agreed. Lemme shake your hand, anu. -shakes anu's hand-
            I don't like putting animals down, cats or not. But still.... Anu has a point.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My heart says "neuter."

My head says "kill."

After reading through all the info and opinions, I think I would have to go with my head. Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision, though.

I have taken in strays - all six of our cats were born outdoors, which is why we have them - but I can't take them all, and the ones that aren't taken in have terrible lives. Old Mr. Jenkins, who we took in because we didn't think he could survive another Michigan winter (ears already stubs from frostbite, and cataracts on both eyes, at least 17-18 years old) was probably not feral, but a dumped former family cat.

I HATE pet dumpers.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                I hope the government has more important things to do with my tax money then house cats.
                Forgive me but that is a complete ignorant statement about economics. Money does not come from taxes.
                Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Like pay for roads, schools, people that need food, medical coverage, scientific research...

Yeah, me too.
                And? Those are not financed by taxes but with government money. Your point is moot.

As I understand it you people are from the United States, which has a sovereign currency. This means that the government creates money, it is not limited by it like EuroZone countries which are in practice private enterprises competing for Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Archifenix View Post
                  Forgive me but that is a complete ignorant statement about economics. Money does not come from taxes.And? Those are not financed by taxes but with government money. Your point is moot.
                  Partly does.

Comment

Here,government money comes from taxes,road taxes,gas taxes,sales taxes,taxes on homes to pay for schools,taxes on cars, fees to register cars,toll roads,parking meters(That is a tax on parking). We tax a LOT..always have to figure on taxes when buying things as an added expense. The energy we use is taxed....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

No, Gleb, it does not. The US is a currency issuer, not a currency receiver. This means that taxes are for enforcement and regulation ("I want you to use this currency" / "We want to penalize this activity") not to finance anything.

Greece is a currency receiver. If we were talking about Greece, then sure, Greece is subject to the whims of foreign agencies which print and distribute the Euro and those claims would be true. But the US is only subject to itself - which means it can do anything it wants with it's own currency. The US cannot ever be bankrupt. Greece can.

Comment

Also a lot of the money for shelters comes from donations,BUT people have only so much money to give. There are a lot more no kill shelters now,BUT before it was keep for a week,and kill if no one wants them.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Okay, wherever the governments money comes from I hope they have better things to spend it on than housing cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Archifenix View Post
                            As I understand it you people are from the United States, which has a sovereign currency. This means that the government creates money, it is not limited by it like EuroZone countries which are in practice private enterprises competing for Euros.
                            The value and amount of currency must be based on assets. If a government just cranks money out of a printing press, you end up with devalued money and runaway inflation such as occurred in Germany after WWI, and in Russia immediately after the communist revolution.

Wouldn't that be nice though, if the gooberment could just print a million bucks (in large bills) for every citizen so we all instantly become a millionaire?

That would solve so very many problems...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                              No creature, when becoming a problem, is ever 'not a pest.'

Nature is red in tooth and claw. To think otherwise spits in the face of the natural order.

This.

And this...
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

"U.S. economy collapses after government prints money to fund massive cat housing program."

Comment

Working...
                                X