Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combat Magic by The Left-Hand

Hey everyone,

I'm sure most if not all of you have heard or perhaps even experienced/performed/seen combat magick before.
    It just occurred to me that in the Left-Hand path, there must be a lot of teaching concerning Combat Magick (as is with most magickal teachings). I'm not implying that those who follow the Left-Hand path are malevolent or more inclined towards being aggressive. Rather, with utmost respect, I seek to delve into personal experiences of others who are more involved in the path than I am.

So, what is Combat Magick for you? Have you actively applied it? What's your experiences with Combat Magick?

Re: Combat Magic by The Left-Hand

Combat magic is learning how to fight well, and practicing it.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Niall_Leppu View Post
      Hey everyone,

I'm sure most if not all of you have heard or perhaps even experienced/performed/seen combat magick before.
      It just occurred to me that in the Left-Hand path, there must be a lot of teaching concerning Combat Magick (as is with most magickal teachings). I'm not implying that those who follow the Left-Hand path are malevolent or more inclined towards being aggressive. Rather, with utmost respect, I seek to delve into personal experiences of others who are more involved in the path than I am.

So, what is Combat Magick for you? Have you actively applied it? What's your experiences with Combat Magick?
      Do you have a particular reason for being interested in this? I ask because this sort of working is generally best as a last resort or defensive move, rather than being something that is particularly useful to pull out first. Just like aggressive physical gestures, there is a sort of false sense of usefullness, if that makes sense... how you approach the spectrum of 'combat magick' (which I understand to essentially be a combination of execration magick and defensive/protective workings) will be dictated by your attitude regarding actively aggressive moves (whether provoked or otherwise).

Personally, I think that defensive and protective workings followed by internal workings to change the way you react to certain people are going to get you a far better long term result than throwing around curses or the like. Aggressive moves often make you feel better, and make you feel that you are doing something to stop the situation, but rarely actually change anything and in many cases simply serve to escalate the situation. 'Combat magick' (not a term I use myself but I suppose it's useful enough) is a delicate balance... it takes skill, discernment and knowledge to be able to read the situation, find the heart of the situation, read your opponent, figure out what actually needs to happen in order to effect lasting change, and then actually perform the working. If you misjudge or underestimate your opponent you can make things worse for yourself. If you work from a place of reaction rather than objectivity then you can make things worse for yourself. If you don't recognise the heart of the matter you'll fail to effect lasting change. If you don't do the internal working required to change your own reactions, you'll fail to effect lasting change. Generally, 'combat magick' is simply not what most people think it is.

Comment

I seek to explore real life and first-hand experience from people across different backgrounds. A bit like objective study.
        I understand your statements about the importance of attitude, perceptiveness and delicacy of balance when it comes to application of combat magick. I myself do not take it lightly, nor do I apply it prior to assessments of surrounding... or as you put it "finding the heart of the matter".

I guess I'm trying to understand broader application of combat magick as suggested in the Left-Hand Path, in order to compare to that of others. I've come across people who use combative magick liberally, over trivial matters and petty problems. Their accounts were somewhat disturbing. Here is an example: a farm worker (who was a former of mine) showed up late to work, so his boss cut his shift. He cursed the supervisor with "physical pain" and next thing we heard, the supervisor tripped over vegetable crates and broke his leg.

In my case, I'm usually on the defensive, provoked or not - as I'd rather play safe. I use malevolent magick aggressively only when I'm heavily provoked and left unable to solve a problem calmly. Others I know personally in real life apply it only during physical conflicts (fights, brawl, etc.). They believe that certain enchanted herbs given by their elders will grant them temporary unusual abilities (impervious to injuries and pain, super-human strength, ability to avoid projectiles, destructive telekinetic abilities, etc.). Some people even make it their trade to throw extreme malevolent curses for their clients in exchange for money.

Instances above are common practice in this part of Indonesia, where I live. I've seen it, know enough people who were victims of it (or strongly believe that they were), and performed it myself (with various degree of success, failure and repercussion).

My curiosity concerns mainly in finding out people's experience when it comes to application and/or dealing with combat magick, especially of those who actively tread in the Left-Hand Path.

Comment

Magik is just a tool. It can be used to build or destroy. In either case you need the same approach, insight, execution and follow through. If you are a magik worker you can use it to heal or curse.
          Be mindful, just like pulling a trigger or plunging a dagger, once performed it cannot be taken back. I lived through the witch wars and there were people injured and lives destroyed in those years. Some of those people carry their injuries and hatred still today. The victors won little and all involved lost a great deal.
          There are inescapable universal laws that you should be aware of before using magik as a weapon.
          The Law of Returns: All that your receive in and from life is what you put into it.
          The Law of Complements: Opposites are each a part of the whole and without one the other cannot exist.
          The Law of Reflections: What is hated in another is a reflection of self.
          Learn magik. Learn to heal. A witch that cannot curse cannot heal. The opposite is also true. If you don't learn to heal you will never learn to curse.
          Norman Vincent Peale wrote something that I have remembered for the last 45 years after reading it; "... anything the mind of man can conceive and believe can be manifest.." The book is "The Power of Positive Thinking". It is an excellent text on the working of magik by a Christian minister teaching people to overcome the rough spots in their lives.
          War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach." from the Latin proverb, "Dulce bellum inexpertis"

It is my greatest hope that I never experience the hate and ruin of another witch war.
          Learn to heal with magik and leave the battles to the wise, who will not fight.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
          X