This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailsman? Amulet? Protection?

Heyyyy :P I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to make an amulet WITHOUT casting a circle.. Also I kind of want the protection to come from Satan, not any of the other deities.. There's an obvious issue with trying to find anything on this xD "How to protect yourself from Satan" "Protection from Demonic Possession" "How to make an amulet to protect yourself from Satan and other dark forces" and a bunch of christian bs about how jesus is my big bro and i should worhip he and he alone O.o Please, I'm begging you, I need this amulet as soon as I can get it... Spiritual troubles :/

Re: Tailsman? Amulet? Protection?

Well, I don't cast circles for anything. My personal thoughts on it is that it's just something to do to help get yourself into the mindframe of what working you're attempting, rather than a "must do". Everything I do is done with runes, so just the act of crafting the item, carving the runes into it, and blooding it is enough.

Comment

How to make an amulet:

1. Make object
      2. Add woo to object (methods may vary)
      3. Wear/carry object

I'm not trying to be facetious, it really is that easy.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I never cast circles. When I make protection charms, I just do it in a space I've cleansed. I put all my stuff into it (charms, herbs, whatever), sew it up, put it into a little drawstring baggie, done.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Emma,
          It would help tremendously to know what, specifically, your "spiritual troubles" are.
          It would also help to know how much training you have had and whether you can recognize and manipulate energy.

Making an amulet is an easy task for anyone who has the training but it can seem impossible to the untrained.
          Tell me, what your trouble is, and I will share ways to get what you need.

By the way, Satan only exists in two religions in the world... Christianity and Islam. Even Satanists don't actually believe in Satan.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
            By the way, Satan only exists in two religions in the world... Christianity and Islam. Even Satanists don't actually believe in Satan.
            In fact, you are incorrect, and especially when it comes to someone's beliefs and practices, it is rather good form to not declare that they are "doing it wrong". What may be "right" for you simply may not jive with another, and vice versa. What is popularly accepted as "Satan" may only exist in those two religions, there is nothing to say that Emma here feels that her Satan is connected to either. Plus, it is entirely possible to accept the existence of one deity and his/her connection to another religion (Mars/Ares, Zeus/Jupiter, etc etc), it is equally possible to accept that deity as the central point of a separate religion in it's own right. I have known many people who have worshiped Satan as a separate entity, a being of light, pleasure, indulgence, and so on, and who practice without involving any connection to either of the Abrahamic religions you mentioned.

As for the talisman making of trained vs. untrained, don't let that put you off, Emma. The act of effort, creativity, and your desire for it are more than enough to bring about the tool you wish to create. Bells, whistles, chants, circles, incense, all of that stuff are just things that help you focus on the task. You can use all of them, or none of them. As long as your intentions are clear and you act accordingly, you'll have great success.

Comment

We have one or two Theistic Satanists that can possibly give input on this subject. If this goes long enough, I'll see if one wants to intercede. With that said...

Why specifically Satan?

Have you worked with this entity before?

What's your background in Satanism?

Yes, I'm tossing out lots of side questions but Satanism is a divided path and if I track down one of our theistic Satanists then I want them to have an idea of what you practice ahead of time.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm a bit confused here. Do you want to be protected FROM Satan? Or, do you want to be protected BY Satan?
                Also, if your answer is the latter, WHAT kind of protection do you require specifically?

But to answer your question, methods can vary. Sigil, stones, bones, metal, all sorts of items can be used to make talismans/amulet. Get whatever you want to use, consecrate it, focus your will, build up energy and intent (what you want to use it for) and treat it however it is supposed to work for you (carry it, put it your wallet, wear it as pendant, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                  Besides what Masked said, Satan also is recognized in Baha'i, Zoroastrianism, and Yazidism .
                  Last edited by habbalah; 15 Sep 2015, 17:49. Reason: Forgot one.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                    Besides what Masked said, Satan also is recognized in Baha'i, Zoroastrianism, and Yazidism .
                    Ahriman is recognized in Zoroastrianism. The mythology around Ahriman is not the same as the mythology around Satan and I'd be very hesitant to call them the same Power.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Ahriman is recognized in Zoroastrianism. The mythology around Ahriman is not the same as the mythology around Satan and I'd be very hesitant to call them the same Power.
                      From what I understood, Ahriman Shaitan is considered an equivalent to Satan, but I'm not super familiar with the religion yet, so I'll bow to your knowledge.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Equivalent, shrug, Ahriman occupies a similar role to the Christian devil but he was never a servant of Ahura Mazda and he didn't subvert legions of angels.

Ahriman Shaitan...

Where'd you find that name? Ahriman is normally Ahriman or Angra Mainyu in the things I've read. Shaitan is a term from Abrahamic faiths which Zoroastrianism isn't. Is it a Yazidi or Bahai name? Or have I missed something in my on again/ off again Zoroastrianism research?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Ahriman Shaitan...

Where'd you find that name? Ahriman is normally Ahriman or Angra Mainyu in the things I've read. Shaitan is a term from Abrahamic faiths which Zoroastrianism isn't. Is it a Yazidi or Bahai name? Or have I missed something in my on again/ off again Zoroastrianism research?
                          A few places, but I could well be wrong.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I have issues with

Zoroastrianism (Magianism) is a religion based on ancient Indo-Iranian Aryan religions (2,000-500 BC) and the prophet Zoroaster (Zarathustra 600 BC). The term ‘Magi’ in the Christian Bi…

For one thing, the Greeks while not necessarily calling them by names we're familiar with or fully understanding them had been dealing with Zoroastrians for a long, long time before 1643. It was the dominant religion of Persia for quite some time. Unless the Greeks don't count as part of the West...

Regarding

"Bible" as used in the title of this book refers to the Bibles used by mainstream American Jews, Roman Catholics and Protestants. This book deals with the books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, including those of the Apocrypha. This is a study of the people who wrote the books of the Bible and of the historical, political and social settings in which they wrote and of the factors that caused the authors to write. The search for the authors and what motivated them to write takes the readers into the origins of the stories that make up a large part of the Bible. While many popular and scholarly books have been written about the authorship of specific books of the Bible, this is the only book that deals with all of the books of the Bbile is a single, concise volume. It is in laymen's language with footnotes suggesting where readers can find further information for expanded study. Where scholars have offered differing views of biblical matters that affect the determination of authorship, this book presents the various views - in laymen's language. Read, learn and enjoy!

I guess it's possible that the Jews called Ahriman Shaitan since it seems pretty close to the Hebrew word for adversary and Ahriman was certainly an adversary of Ahura Mazda or perhaps at one point Zoroastrians used a different name for Ahriman. I'd be happier if I saw a Zoroastrian source using the term or even a text focused on Zoroastrianism using it.

Shrug, I'll come across it eventually one way or another. Anyway, my curiousity aside.

Ahriman and the Devil are similar in various ways but I'm against treating them as the same due to various conflicting elements. Ahura Mazda is also similar to the LoH in some ways but remains a distinct personality (and arguably significantly more benign depending on how certain things are interpreted) so I'm really against treating those two as the same.

Comment

While we are at it, Zoroastrianism works different from Abrahamic faiths in regards to the origin of Ahura Mazda and Ahriman. Ahura Mazda and Ahriman/Angra Mainyu actually have the same origins, both being positive and negative aspects of the creator.

As for the thread's question: My take on it is that a talisman has the meaning you give it. Remember when you were a kid and had that certain toy to keep you safe? It works just like that. Christians like to get theirs blessed at church, Wiccans like to bless theirs during certain special rituals, but at the end their purpose is the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X