Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Mainly,in my mind what is needed is an end to the war(s) that has pushed people out of their home country's. That is a royal mess however..and as some have said needs to be addressed by the middle east nations in the effected areas.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Mainly,in my mind what is needed is an end to the war(s) that has pushed people out of their home country's. That is a royal mess however..and as some have said needs to be addressed by the middle east nations in the effected areas.
      Absolutely, but that takes time and even if war ended tomorrow, it wouldn't end the crisis immediately. Many people do not have homes to go back to, instability would be pretty high, and there would still be a massive lack of food and other key resources.

I think people in the New World need to remember that some of their own families were refugees once. I know that my family was. My Oma was a hungry, sick teenager at the close of WWII, and she was granted entry to Switzerland. Many others left Germany, Eastern Europe, France, the Netherlands, and other countries in the former war zone for Canada, the US, and Australia.

Comment

What's worse in the UK is Cameron's decision to take just a few and even then only for 5 years or until the children are 18. He;'s a pig. It's not what people over here want - we'd like to take more (well, most of us, anyway.)
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          What's worse in the UK is Cameron's decision to take just a few and even then only for 5 years or until the children are 18. He;'s a pig. It's not what people over here want - we'd like to take more (well, most of us, anyway.)
          That's crazy. So if they're young children and they grow up there, they have to leave?

Germany took that position once too and it doesn't work. I think the government has finally realized this and is planning on permanently settling a lot of people here. Or at leas, it's talking as if that's the plan.

Comment

Sad thing is many who are now against taking in Refugees are or their parents were Refugees once from a long ago war. So sad we forget our own roots so soon..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There are people saying it's a terrorist "Trojan horse" operation. The bigotry and fear is unbelievable.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                There are people saying it's a terrorist "Trojan horse" operation. The bigotry and fear is unbelievable.
                Perhaps it is fear and bigotry yet perhaps it's also the truth. The number of young males far exceeds the number of women and children that are being reported, especially by the various media services. One things for certain when you see media clips of so called migrants / refugee's throwing away food, water, etc because it's not what they want makes it difficult to see it as anything other than a Trojan horse.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Heard that about ISIS or what ever their name is now sneaking in with the crowd...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                    Perhaps it is fear and bigotry yet perhaps it's also the truth. The number of young males far exceeds the number of women and children that are being reported, especially by the various media services. One things for certain when you see media clips of so called migrants / refugee's throwing away food, water, etc because it's not what they want makes it difficult to see it as anything other than a Trojan horse.
                    Honestly though, where is that even happening? I've had several friends volunteer at refugee centres here and not one has said that anything even remotely like that has happened. All they talk about is how grateful everyone is and how heartwarming the experience was. I'll be joining them tomorrow, so I can tell you all first hand after that.

The media can have its own political agenda. In this case, I'd rather rely on the experiences of real people on the front lines of the crisis (or, after tomorrow, my own eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Honestly though, where is that even happening? I've had several friends volunteer at refugee centres here and not one has said that anything even remotely like that has happened. All they talk about is how grateful everyone is and how heartwarming the experience was. I'll be joining them tomorrow, so I can tell you all first hand after that.

The media can have its own political agenda. In this case, I'd rather rely on the experiences of real people on the front lines of the crisis (or, after tomorrow, my own eyes).
                      Truthfully don't recall if it was Hungary or Greece but it occurred at a rail station and the people were dumping it on the tracks and throwing it away.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Truthfully don't recall if it was Hungary or Greece but it occurred at a rail station and the people were dumping it on the tracks and throwing it away.
                        I can't help but think that there must be something else behind the story, judging by the experiences of everyone I know who has been working with refugees.

I'd be especially skeptical if it were from Hungary. It has a nationalist right-wing government, limited freedom of press, and has demonstrated a clear hatred of the refugees passing through the country. If the footage was shot by a Hungarian camera crew, you can more or less expect that there is a state agenda there.

Comment

I saw an article that said Sweden had to close their borders to Muslim immigration. They are now in the process of deporting Islamic trouble-makers. The new immigrants were trying to change the government into an Islamic state. Those who settled in and became citizens are not a problem but the ones that attempt to invoke Sharia law and commit crimes in the name of Allah are being deported. They are the first western nation to put a zero tolerance law in place where immigration and immigrants are concerned. The level of violence is decreasing but it is still a problem.
                          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                            I saw an article that said Sweden had to close their borders to Muslim immigration. They are now in the process of deporting Islamic trouble-makers. The new immigrants were trying to change the government into an Islamic state. Those who settled in and became citizens are not a problem but the ones that attempt to invoke Sharia law and commit crimes in the name of Allah are being deported. They are the first western nation to put a zero tolerance law in place where immigration and immigrants are concerned. The level of violence is decreasing but it is still a problem.
                            I've been reading where Italy is suffering some of the same violence and such from the Muslim immigrants that have come in. Trying to both create Muslim strongholds and cause disruption so they can move on to some other European nation. Recently read a couple of articles that are suggesting the same thing is occurring in some South American countries that accepted large Muslim populations and they to are causing disruptions because things are not being changed to make it easier on them to survive or allow them to move into other "Selected" countries of choice.

Comment

I've heard no such thing, and I've got sweden about an hour away by train. From what I hear they're being very tolerant, which is why we're (Denmark) experiencing a lot of people just going through refusing to stay here. We have quite a bad reputation apparently. A lot of the bad stuff you hear is propaganda. The other day there were reports of muslims breaking into cars and beating a pregnant woman on board a ferry from Germany to Denmark, the police had to step in to stop the story as it was BS - the only truth was that someone had in fact hit a pregnant woman, but it wasn't the muslims it was an american tourist. The other day I heard someone say that if you wanna know what's going on in the world you have to go out there because media can't be trusted... I'm starting to agree.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

The thing is, there is a HUGE difference between immigrants and asylum seekers. Above all they are human beings and all this scare-mongering over Muslims is just that - scare mongering by a media with a definite agenda. People are stirring up trouble to avoid facing the fact that this is a humanitarian crisis and we - in my case, the UK, but I think the US needs to be involved too - ought to be doing something.
                                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                                X