X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I'm glad you're OK!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have had near misses walking,even in the cross walks. Some drivers should have their driving privileges (note the word privileges) pulled. it may not help as these same people might still drive with no license.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's nasty. Some people need to remove their heads from a certain body part when driving. And in general.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I have had near misses walking,even in the cross walks. Some drivers should have their driving privileges (note the word privileges) pulled. it may not help as these same people might still drive with no license.
          Bad part is so many have forgotten it's a privilege, apparently even the court system many times. Cross walks are bad in the states but they used to scare me over sea's to be honest. Don't know how many times I'd see someone, especially children throw their hand in the air and step into traffic. Between driver's slamming on brakes to avoid the walkers, driver's rear-ending you who didn't stop or were following to closely you were screwed many times. Then there were the vacation seekers, as summer approached they'd jump out in front of your car and you couldn't avoid them. Payday for them. Still see a lot of them on youtube video's and it happens in the states just as much.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          I was involved in a car accident today. ..
          Glad your ok

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I believe that statistics show everyone of us will be involved in at least a fender bender at some time in our life. In letting people who are flying fell safer,they are told that you are more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash. ..
          Darn been in more car accidents than I can recall. Even removed the dashboard with my head and knee's in one. Flying is interesting to be sure. Recall we were circling the air port and got sent back to the base we left from due to mechanical failure. Landed and one of the "Techs" says "Ok, that qualifies as a minor controlled crash", fix the plane then send us back. Sometimes it's funny what the news and media calls a crash and what the industry calls a crash or incident.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I was involved in a car accident today.
            I'm glad you are okay. I'm sure you will be okay to handle the frustrating details when you have had time for the adrenaline to settle. It can take a while, especially if you've had a few adrenaline type moments in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
              I'm glad you are okay. I'm sure you will be okay to handle the frustrating details when you have had time for the adrenaline to settle. It can take a while, especially if you've had a few adrenaline type moments in your life.
              Yeah I think it took a good hour for the adrenaline to wear off. I opened the claim within the hour of the accident. Now it's just the phone tag with the insurance companies. My car is scheduled to go in on Monday for an estimate and to get the rental car figured out. Until then, I'm driving only short distances. So basically to and from work only. No leisurely driving. It's banged up but seems to drive good, but I'm not taking any unnecessary chances.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Last time we were in an accident I had such a flight response, I almost drove straight off even though the other driver was very clearly at fault (She t-boned us trying to turn left onto a busy street. I was in the inside lane, moving slowly in time with traffic. I still don't know why she thought it was clear). I just wanted very badly to get my family out of danger. After we did the reporting etc I made my husband drive, because I was afraid that I would speed home. Is it a hit and run if someone hits you and you run?

Not that I would have run if we were at fault. It is just the only reason I could think of for fleeing the scene of an accident. I knew she wasn't going to keep trying to hurt us. I just felt like she might.

Comment

I had a flight response for my first accident, but I'd backed into a 40-something year old woman who was freaking out because this was her first accident and it was her dad's car, and we kind of laughed about how she was acting like a teenager first getting her licence, and I was acting like the grumpy old lady. Then we waited two hours for the cops until the offices closed down and it was 90-100 degrees and no one wanted to keep sitting in their cars waiting.

Comment

I kept teasing myself about the "Run away, run away" scene from Monty Python. It is kind of weird when you have such a strong instinctive reaction.

Comment

Went to see peter pan today... I love peter pan, I love the original by barrie, both play and novel. The poster and the character shots looked amazing, hook stunning with his curly hair and his hook. Peter in his classical peter costume. Pirate ship... We got there, got the programmes. And looked in them. They've decided to do a modern reinterpretation, they just didn't advertise it. Hook looked like a balding cruella deville with a grappling hook for a hand, pan was spraypainted green, Wendy is almost 30... And the scenery is... mostly pink neon... We left. I'm too find of pan to even give that a chance. Just feel really cheated because that was not what they were advertising at all...
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

If I am troubleshooting your product better than your tech support staff then maybe you should train them how to do more than blame my network connection. Just a thought...
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

^^^ I'm having an odd wifi issue that I'm dreading calling about. I know they'll make me unplug everything, turn it back on, etc., all the while prattling in half-English about upgrading something or another that will cost more. It ranks right up there with trying to communicate with doctors.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Somebody on Facebook is spreading lies to my friend about me. He accusing me of telling his cosplay friends about his girlfriend. I didn't say anything to his cosplay friends about his girlfriend. As a matter of fact, I don't even know any of his cosplay friends. Then he block me after that.

Comment

Hmm, suppressing my preferred anti-virus and ****ing up my bootloader all in one update. That's a mighty efficient way to piss me off Windows.

UPDATE: Yeah for simple fixes. Windows didn't replace the bootloader, it just gave priority to the Windows variant. Finding a fix was pretty quick.
                              Last edited by MaskedOne; 25 Dec 2017, 20:32.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm so mad. For the first time ever last year, I decided to do my taxes myself. I had my boyfriend and my roommate help me out, seemed to go okay. But now I'm being audited, and they need proof of address and job (no problem), and an itemized receipt list of all the trips I took in 2016.

Which would be fine except I was bankrupt and didn't have a credit card in 2016. So yes, I did go on a couple of trips in 2016...that I paid for entirely in cash, or borrowed someone else's credit card to book (and then paid them back in cash or with emt). Because I work for an airline, all my tickets are booked through a separate website...that only keeps records up to six months after the trip.

Other than some debit transactions abroad, a physical copy of a few plane tickets, I have literally nothing that proves I ever paid for vacations in 2016. So I guess I owe the government $600 now?

I'm really upset. We just got into a huge fight about it, because apparently I should keep all receipts for all trips I take, but how am I supposed to do that if I didn't actually pay for half the shit?

Grump.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X