X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm mad because apparently Frederick's of Hollywood is all online now. This sucks. I need bras but all the alternatives are worse.
    Oh no! I didn't even notice they weren't in the malls anymore. They have/had a great one on Hollywood blvd. I mean awesome sauce. A whole upstairs bra museum as well. Those bras really are great.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Oh no! I didn't even notice they weren't in the malls anymore. They have/had a great one on Hollywood blvd. I mean awesome sauce. A whole upstairs bra museum as well. Those bras really are great.
      Right? I mean I can still get them (online) but I'm the kind of person that HAS to try on clothes before buying. I'm way too picky about certain tiny details. Went to three stores yesterday (including torrid) and left dissatisfied.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        Right? I mean I can still get them (online) but I'm the kind of person that HAS to try on clothes before buying. I'm way too picky about certain tiny details. Went to three stores yesterday (including torrid) and left dissatisfied.
        I lucked out. I walked into JC Penney's and they had clearance bras (leopard and chocolate brown). Now I was actually certified at Torrid in bra sizing. I should be able to just walk in and pick a bra based on my own measurements.

Uh. No. No no no. Not ever going to happen. Ever.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          I also got the 'mothers who can't love' book. It's really helpful.
          I'm just about ready to give up on that whole side of the family if it means never having to see her again. The only healthy distance seems to be faaaaar faaaaaaar away.
          I absolutely love that book. I'm sorry your having so much difficulty. I know a lot of families that are "crazy", but toxic is a whole other ballgame. And sometimes, folks who haven't been there just don't get it.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

When young,it was "Leave it to Beaver" supposed to be the normal family...With Mrs. Clever,the perfect mom,and Mr. Cleaver the perfect dad...and super normal kids Beaver and Wally...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              When young,it was "Leave it to Beaver" supposed to be the normal family...With Mrs. Clever,the perfect mom,and Mr. Cleaver the perfect dad...and super normal kids Beaver and Wally...
              I just read an article about Tony Dow, who played Wally. He's a sculptor now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqhF3apsCDg
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                Genesis lyric

Comment

^agreed.
                  But still, I do the same.
                  baah.

Comment

^agreed.
                    But still, I do the same.
                    I travel to London on the train fairly regularly, and one of the carriages is a quiet carriage - but even in there people can't help using their phones, it's like they are addicted. You hear these inane conversations like "I'm on the train!"

Personally I think all but one of the train carriages should be quiet, so then all the mobile phone users would be stuck in one carriage shouting over each other. Pah!
                    Genesis lyric

Comment

My mom wrote this morning(because smart me hasn't blocked her on Facebook yet). Just informing me when the funeral is. But just thatvshe wrote sent me into fits of crying again. Because I want her to leave me alone. I don't understand why she contacts me. She hasn't even told my dad yet. The only thing I can think of is that she uses the excuse of giving me information to keep track of me. I haven't answered. Haven't even opened the message properly... It's hard to hold on to the conviction that I'm the sane one when I feel attacked just because she writes.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        The only thing I can think of is that she uses the excuse of giving me information to keep track of me.

That's actually a really accurate line when it comes to some family dysfunction situations. The one that comes to my mind is clinical narcissism. To keep track of, to maintain some semblance of control, and often - to remind you that they can control.

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
                          Personally I think all but one of the train carriages should be quiet, so then all the mobile phone users would be stuck in one carriage shouting over each other. Pah!
                          I support this idea!

Especially when people who travel by train seem to forget that there are plenty of people hearing their private conversations.
                          baah.

Comment

Hah, 'private'. People nowadays are so used to sharing all their personal information that they barely know the meaning of the word.

Comment

First few weeks of my long distance relationship: this is like all of the best parts of being single without all of the horrible parts like loneliness.
                              The remaining past year and a half of my long distance relationship: this is like all of the worst parts of being single, especially the loneliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
                                Hah, 'private'. People nowadays are so used to sharing all their personal information that they barely know the meaning of the word.
                                I know, it's weird. I still prefer some privacy. I wouldn't touch Facebook with a bargepole now.
                                Genesis lyric

Comment

Working...
                                X