X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I totally agree Juni.
    I had to get up super early to go to work on 2 buses a total of 2 hours both ways. I hated it. I gritted it out so I could then work here, literally down the street from work on my bike.

They ask me if I would transfer to another store and move up and I decline. And I'm honest. I don't want to do the commute any more. I like doing the down the street thing. It's my choice and it's ok.

Bart, it wasn't for you. You will have another chance.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Sounds similar to me. Up at 5 on the road no later than 6 for an hour to an hour and a half drive to work. Then reverse in the evenings getting out at 4 and not getting home till 5:15 to 5:45 normally. Even longer both ways if weather was bad. During work up times and route preparations not unusual to not get out till 7 or 8 pm and be in even earlier for the whole summer as I was under a full year contract. At times made me think I was back in the military with the 12 - 16 hour days as a Chief. Yes we did pull those hours even though many white hats didn't seem to believe it until they put on the hat.
      The military was never a 9 to 5 gig...You were on call all the time,just nothing always came up.
      Once in San Diego,I was ashore just messing on a Saturday...They were filling the fuel tanks,and some one left a cock on sealed...the fuel went into a small compartment. I was lucky I was not aboard,because all sailors below the rank of third class were grabbed for the clean up..I got back after it was done..it was damn messy..Ship fuel is VERY thick like heavy oil. there was about two feet of it in the small compartment.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        SMACK!!...above and beyound the limits of Bad punning....I mean we have STANDARDS...
        Quit needling him!

I hated commuting. Used to be out the door at 6:30 a.m. for an 8:00 start, and was usually early but sometimes there was a traffic problem. It was only 17 miles door to door but it was brutal.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

When I lived in Denton I commuted to Dallas for school. It would take me about a 2 hours to drive in the morning when I'd leave by 5 and an hour on my way home because I was out by noon and just missed the beginning of rush hour. Over 400 miles a week, yeah I don't miss that at all. I'll take a slightly lower wage with a job I enjoy instead of commuting for hours and never spending any time at home.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I live 15 minutes from my office. Maybe 20 if there's traffic. There's only been traffic once in 5 months.

But...I used to live (with no traffic) 7 minutes from my office going home. The morning commute too, on the other hand took 45 minutes to an hour if I left after 0605. If I left before that, it was 10 minutes. And the 45 minutes was stop and bumper to bumper.

The only thing I won't sacrifice for a good commute is a good school. Otherwise, everything is on the table.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              as in counting and writing things down?
              Yes and do clerical work as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I totally agree Juni.
              I had to get up super early to go to work on 2 buses a total of 2 hours both ways. I hated it. I gritted it out so I could then work here, literally down the street from work on my bike.

They ask me if I would transfer to another store and move up and I decline. And I'm honest. I don't want to do the commute any more. I like doing the down the street thing. It's my choice and it's ok.

Bart, it wasn't for you. You will have another chance.
              Thank you. The type of just I'm looking for is to work at 9 AM and work at one location only.

Comment

I'm really getting tired of hearing about bathrooms.

Comment

Blargh, I'm tired. I was awakened three hours too early yesterday morning by a severe headache. I suffer from cluster headaches and this was the worst one yet. I couldn't endure the pain, so I spent the morning in the ER, missing a class. They gave me pills to fend off the headaches, but now my sleep is all screwed up.

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                  I'm really getting tired of hearing about bathrooms.
                  And, also, this. I'm tired of being at odds with family members on various issues and feeling ambivalent toward them, like my cousin who posted a picture of a cattle prod which suggested using them on "them" before they "go in the ladies' room." I'm tired of everything, now that I think of it.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Useless Dog owners really grind my gears. Sure, have a dog and care for it, love it, whatever. But bloomin' train it. Episodes where myself and others have to chase a dog home from a very busy roundabout in the centre of the city shouldn't occur.
                    Also, when I open the door to inform you of your little princess' adventure actually giving a shit, don't say 'no that can't have been ours'; I saw your dog run back into your drive, I can see the thing barking in your blasted kitchen. Close your bloomin' side gate/doors and train your dog not to run out and off at the first opportunity. Arghhhhh

(It's the same with parents actually (boy I've seen some things), if you can't care for other living creatures don't have them)
                    Work hard Play hard.
                    What is history?

Comment

I agree about this,I remember in what was a VERY upscale section,people would let their dogs out to run free,and they packed up as dogs will do. It hit the news because these dog packs started messing with the raccoon's. Something happened that had never happened before,the Raccoon's packed up and killed several of the dogs. Normally Raccoon's do not pack up. The fact that it hit the news brought down the animal police on the owner's. It is generally illegal to allow dogs or really any animal to run free with no control,and with good reason. The owners were charge with Animal negligence.

See here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I agree - people don't respect the fact that the freedom of their kids/pets/etc. ends at the property line.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Animal Negligence definitely.
                          I just feel bad for the dogs ~.~
                          Work hard Play hard.
                          What is history?

Comment

Generally the animal suffers by being impounded and at times being put down,when it is really the owner that should be fined or put in a cage.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Frustration, overwhelming.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                Frustration, overwhelming.
                                Need a shoulder to punch?
                                Work hard Play hard.
                                What is history?

Comment

Working...
                                X