This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

We had an ant problem last year. The traps with dry bait did nothing - we could hear the ants laughing at them (little, tiny hehehehes).

The we tried the traps with liquid bait.

No more ants.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      My yard is full of the little tiny ones. There are hills and holes all over. They haven't been in the mailbox this year so far, thank goodness, but I've already gotten rid of one colony that was coming in the back door. I use those Terro bait traps.
      We had a wasps nest in our mailbox one year. I'm embarrassed to think how long that went on before we realized. I felt kind of bad for our mail carrier. But then I found out that we are not the only ones on the street who are not thrilled with our mail carrier.

Comment

Last year we had spiders, then ants and out of nowhere, we had mice! This year I'm spraying for spiders! It took me the whole of the summer to get rid of the ants and the mice came with the cold weather. I think the neighbors outside cat departed.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

We always have some balance of the three. I think we would have to completely tear down our house and start over with pest control in mind to get rid of all of them. Might be worth it to get rid of the mice for good. I'm not sure it would work, though, because I think everyone in our neighborhood has all of them. I could live with the ants and some of the spiders, but the mice are disheartening. Right now we have no outward signs of mice, but I know better than to believe it. Cats and a dog did not help.

Comment

I think I've cleared the mice. I think, I can handle the spiders, and the ants I can tolerate but for some reason the mice really bother me. I had mice as pets so you would think this wouldn't not be a problem. Nope! It absolutely infuriated me the first time I walked in my kitchen and saw one cheeky enough to be on my counter.

I went the natural mice deterrent route in the beginning but when it just left like they were taunting me I changed tactics.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

My dad used to put out a jar lid full of Pepsi or Coke instead of poison for mice. He claimed they couldn't belch and I guess sorta ruptured inside. All I know is that it seemed to work, and was safe around kids and pets.
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

What a fantastic idea!!!! If we get more mice next winter I will go this route.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                  What a fantastic idea!!!! If we get more mice next winter I will go this route.
                  Try sealing up your house too, so they can't get in. See if there are any holes in the foundation, I think you can seal the siding, etc. There was something we put in the base boards any time they made a mouse hole that deterred them from using that spot again, if I remember right. The reason you want to use poison instead of something like pop is that the poison causes them to rapidly dehydrate, so when they die in the walls they don't stink up your house.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    Try sealing up your house too, so they can't get in. See if there are any holes in the foundation, I think you can seal the siding, etc. There was something we put in the base boards any time they made a mouse hole that deterred them from using that spot again, if I remember right. The reason you want to use poison instead of something like pop is that the poison causes them to rapidly dehydrate, so when they die in the walls they don't stink up your house.
                    They come in through the dog door!! They don't have to sneak in they can walk right in. I love having the dog door cause then the boys can go out whenever they need to. Except when we aren't home cause then they bark and the cops get called...cause who knew dogs barked but that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      They come in through the dog door!! They don't have to sneak in they can walk right in. I love having the dog door cause then the boys can go out whenever they need to. Except when we aren't home cause then they bark and the cops get called...cause who knew dogs barked but that's a different story.
                      Maybe one of those locking dog doors that have a signal on the collar that unlocks the door?
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Ok, these Facebook groups get so easily offended just about everything. I post about a serious question about tarot. The question was have you ever have a client who was very violent and attacks you during a reading? A few people responded. Some said yes others said no. I went to bed last night and I got up this morning to see the responded. As I got my phone I have a message from the admin saying that I need to refrain from controversial topics in the group. She considers a violent person controversial topic. Like what was so controversial about that question anyway? I don't get it.

Comment

There some people who can't be reasoned with. A Facebook friend a male who's gay and Christian says that homosexuality is a sin. I told him that sin is irrelevant and says that true sin is not accepting Jesus Christ. We were debating so many times and he's taking the Bible out of context and he's being dogmatic and rigid and believe being a homosexual is a sin. Bye Felicia.

Comment

I just realized that most Facebook groups are crap! If the admin and moderators aren't cool with you, they don't respect you at all. Real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                              I just realized that most Facebook groups are crap! If the admin and moderators aren't cool with you, they don't respect you at all. Real talk.
                              Well then create your own. If you can't find a good one then that's an option.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                Well then create your own. If you can't find a good one then that's an option.
                                I have a few of my own groups. One for my childhood school Facebook Group, One for my RPG and one for my Tarot. My Childhood School Facebook Group is the only group that's active while the other two are dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X