X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    There are a number of "Special" police forces through out Europe that can stop you or administer any type of intoxication test they desire. Most familiar with those in Spain and Italy from being stationed there but saw some others in France I think it was. I know the European driving rules are so different from those in the US that it gets a lot of tourist and service personal in trouble. Once you've been there for a bit you get used to them but initially a lot of surprises in my experience.

Fines were unreal and often something you'd never consider when driving in the US.
    I don't know about Spain and Italy, but here they'll only pull you over if they suspect you of driving drunk. If they do, they have the right to pull you over and issue a breathalizer. Legal blood alcohol levels are lower than they are in the US and the punishment is a lot harsher.

In Canada, it's similar. In BC they can issue a breathalizer if they pull you over for any other reason, as long as they think you might have been drinking. The legal limit is .08, but there's sort of a buffer zone in between that. If your blood alcohol level was .06 or higher, they can impound your car at your expense. If it's higher than .08, you can expect to lose your license and get some really hefty fines. If you had an "N" novice driver's license (where you can drive alone with restrictions), you'll lose your license if you have any alcohol in your blood.

Americans often talk about their insane drinking age as if that prevents drunk driving, but I think being tough on drunk drivers is a lot more effective.

Comment

I'm sick, and I think it's a touch of the flu. I went to work yesterday but left after an hour and a half, and I've tried to work again today. But I only made it two hours before I was ready to throw in the towel. Three times this morning my boss asked me how I was, a subtle way to say I look like crap.

Comment

Woke up at 2am in screaming unbearable hip pain. Seven hours later, it's not much better. What the HELL did I do to myself this time?
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Laws are a thing when you are in another country..In Taiwan(this happened to a fellow shipmate) if you are riding in a cab,and the cab hits something or some one,YOU are held responsible for any and all legal repercussions BECAUSE YOU hired the cab,so responsibility falls on you(I never again rode in a cab there) Also(and remember this was back in the mid 60's) you could be arrested for public kissing(true true true) Why you should always try to know the laws of the country you are in,example is a man in an Islamic country who is facing many lashes for making his home made wine.

Sauce

350 lashes is the punishment.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There are a number of "Special" police forces through out Europe that can stop you or administer any type of intoxication test they desire. Most familiar with those in Spain and Italy from being stationed there but saw some others in France I think it was. I know the European driving rules are so different from those in the US that it gets a lot of tourist and service personal in trouble. Once you've been there for a bit you get used to them but initially a lot of surprises in my experience.

Fines were unreal and often something you'd never consider when driving in the US.
            We've got pretty strict rules. And yes, they'll test you if they think there's reason to. Better safe than sorry.

I'm baking.. or I was. I just bought yeast 20 minutes ago. Started mixing stuff, when I opened the yeast it smelled awful... expired! Long past expired. So no baking for me and I didn't even get the receipt... hmph.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              I don't know about Spain and Italy, but here they'll only pull you over if they suspect you of driving drunk. If they do, they have the right to pull you over and issue a breathalizer. Legal blood alcohol levels are lower than they are in the US and the punishment is a lot harsher.

In Canada, it's similar. In BC they can issue a breathalizer if they pull you over for any other reason, as long as they think you might have been drinking. The legal limit is .08, but there's sort of a buffer zone in between that. If your blood alcohol level was .06 or higher, they can impound your car at your expense. If it's higher than .08, you can expect to lose your license and get some really hefty fines. If you had an "N" novice driver's license (where you can drive alone with restrictions), you'll lose your license if you have any alcohol in your blood.

Americans often talk about their insane drinking age as if that prevents drunk driving, but I think being tough on drunk drivers is a lot more effective.
              Never had a chance to visit Germany so wasn't sure of their laws and police force.

I know from being in the military the drunk driving laws and driving laws in general make the US look foolish a lot of times. Most times all it took was being stationed oversea's once and we tended to change how we drove, even when back in the states. Have to admit though I think at times some groups take great joy in letting it go on. I recall I was in Scotland, Dundee I believe it was, when a drunk American got caught in a round about and I swear the cops just left him there until he ran out of gas.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

A few classmates and I were discussing cultural heritage before class started since our professor was running late. One of them I don't know to well asked about mine. I said I'm American-Israeli, first generation born in American in my family (My older brother and Sister were born in Israel). He looked at me like I had two heads and asked. "Are you like a Jew or Muslim? You don't look Muslim, I mean you're like pretty and really sweet."

I wanted to vomit.. either that or haul off and punch him. I told the group I was raised Jewish but over a year ago decided to pursue a different spiritual path. Then I asked him if he thought it was right to classify me the way he did and so ignorantly just because I'm Israeli. He just laughed and said. "Well, if more Israeli girls are as pretty as you I might have to change my outlook."

Can I scream in the middle of class or would my professor toss me out? I'm so damned angry right now.... 30 mins and I'm free, unless I decide to beat the hell out of that guy so in that case it may be assault charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra View Post
                  A few classmates and I were discussing cultural heritage before class started since our professor was running late. One of them I don't know to well asked about mine. I said I'm American-Israeli, first generation born in American in my family (My older brother and Sister were born in Israel). He looked at me like I had two heads and asked. "Are you like a Jew or Muslim? You don't look Muslim, I mean you're like pretty and really sweet."

I wanted to vomit.. either that or haul off and punch him. I told the group I was raised Jewish but over a year ago decided to pursue a different spiritual path. Then I asked him if he thought it was right to classify me the way he did and so ignorantly just because I'm Israeli. He just laughed and said. "Well, if more Israeli girls are as pretty as you I might have to change my outlook."

Can I scream in the middle of class or would my professor toss me out? I'm so damned angry right now.... 30 mins and I'm free, unless I decide to beat the hell out of that guy so in that case it may be assault charges.
                  Wow. That's. I could think of a few words for him, but I don't think they're apropriate here. Ignorant idiot. I'm angry just reading it. Deep breaths.
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Never had a chance to visit Germany so wasn't sure of their laws and police force.

I know from being in the military the drunk driving laws and driving laws in general make the US look foolish a lot of times. Most times all it took was being stationed oversea's once and we tended to change how we drove, even when back in the states. Have to admit though I think at times some groups take great joy in letting it go on. I recall I was in Scotland, Dundee I believe it was, when a drunk American got caught in a round about and I swear the cops just left him there until he ran out of gas.
                    Hahahahahahaha

Not to say we're better drivers, though. Drunk driving isn't all that common, but terrible judgement and poor driving skills still exist in both Canada and all of Europe. Each country has its own style of terrible driving, but it still exists.

Comment

See the back of the drivers head as they look to oncomming traffic ... they want to go from the side road to the main road ... Never mind the bike lane on their side of the road ... Never mind the guy riding towards them ... car pulls out ... THUD ... rider rolls up on the hood of the car ... breaks off the wiper blade (it was convenient) ... gets on his feet ... pair of one finger salutes ... goes into a tirade ... calls 911 ... driver gets arrested and car towed ... rider gets home and finds the box of bandaides ... My work is done ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Visited my GP today to have her do some blood work. I've slowly come to realize that having constant joint pain and general pain all over isn't normal. I know this sounds obvious, but I grew up with my dad always having knee pain, and mom always having back pain, so I figured me having my back/knees/wrists/stomach/shoulders/etc hurt at various times, some days all at the same time, was just normal.

I've been hearing "fibromyalgia" a lot in the past few weeks. I have nearly all of the symptoms, so it would make sense if that's what's wrong with me, but I'm wary about it. Not because I have issues with the possible diagnosis, but because I found out a few years ago that some doctors simply don't believe it exists. I vividly recall reading a thread about amazing and hilarious emergency room stories where the doctors were snotting off about fybromyalgia. I have a hard enough time explaining to people that yes, I am always in pain, and yes, I know it doesn't look like anything is wrong, except that I limp sometimes from it, without having to explain a condition that some people don't even believe exist.

Even if i think those people can go fish themselves.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                          Visited my GP today to have her do some blood work. I've slowly come to realize that having constant joint pain and general pain all over isn't normal. I know this sounds obvious, but I grew up with my dad always having knee pain, and mom always having back pain, so I figured me having my back/knees/wrists/stomach/shoulders/etc hurt at various times, some days all at the same time, was just normal.

I've been hearing "fibromyalgia" a lot in the past few weeks. I have nearly all of the symptoms, so it would make sense if that's what's wrong with me, but I'm wary about it. Not because I have issues with the possible diagnosis, but because I found out a few years ago that some doctors simply don't believe it exists. I vividly recall reading a thread about amazing and hilarious emergency room stories where the doctors were snotting off about fybromyalgia. I have a hard enough time explaining to people that yes, I am always in pain, and yes, I know it doesn't look like anything is wrong, except that I limp sometimes from it, without having to explain a condition that some people don't even believe exist.

Even if i think those people can go fish themselves.
                          I was about to suggest fibromyalgia, sounds a lot like it. It's a tough one to deal with because it's 'invisible' and not a lot is known about it. Here it's, from what I understand, accepted to be both a mental and physical condition. There are some promising results using a mix of pain medication, acupuncture and psychological therapy.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            I was about to suggest fibromyalgia, sounds a lot like it. It's a tough one to deal with because it's 'invisible' and not a lot is known about it. Here it's, from what I understand, accepted to be both a mental and physical condition. There are some promising results using a mix of pain medication, acupuncture and psychological therapy.
                            Pain meds don't affect me anymore, which really sucks. Not because of tolerance to them--they just...stopped working one day.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

You need to smoke a bowl...

Explore the top 5 most popular CBD strains of 2024. If you love CBD, don't miss out on growing your own stash using these easy-to-grow varieties.
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I also don't react to THC. Or any of the fun drugs like Morphine.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X