This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Why oh why can't we line politicians up against the wall?
    It is now punishable by 7 years in jail in NSW Australia if you protest in a way that 'May cause disruption to commercial or economic interests'
    And people wonder why I can't trust the law to get anything right

Comment

In countries with democratic elections, why do people insist on blaming politicoes for screw-ups, instead of looking in the mirror and facing the reality that the politicoes were elected by a majority vote?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

"We can't let transgender people use the bathroom their gender identity matches, because someone somewhere might use it to molest children". I was trying to come up with a witty response to this, but I really just want to punch this idiot in the liver.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          In countries with democratic elections, why do people insist on blaming politicoes for screw-ups, instead of looking in the mirror and facing the reality that the politicoes were elected by a majority vote?
          Actually in the us it has been shown time and again that "Apathy" is the winner of your democracy At least here we force people to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
            Actually in the us it has been shown time and again that "Apathy" is the winner of your democracy At least here we force people to vote.
            Yup. It is the people's choice. They can do better, but they choose not to. It is still the decision they have made.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The USA is not, and never has been a democracy. The government we have is called a constitutional republic. Here in the USA we have rights that are protected from the majority vote. The only thing that is democratic is the vote and even it is controlled by the electorial college and not the popular vote.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                The USA is not, and never has been a democracy. The government we have is called a constitutional republic. Here in the USA we have rights that are protected from the majority vote. The only thing that is democratic is the vote and even it is controlled by the electorial college and not the popular vote.

The electoral vote only determines the Presidency.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, and the constitution also guarantees a republican form of government for all the states.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Low blood sugar just kicked in WHILE I'm eating. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't eat faster! Trying to shovel in this watermelon like it's Wolverine testicles I tell you what.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Low blood sugar just kicked in WHILE I'm eating. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't eat faster! Trying to shovel in this watermelon like it's Wolverine testicles I tell you what.

I honestly don't know much about this, but I keep seeing the TV ads for new diabeties treatments.

Are any of them useful?

(I have a student with one of those pump thingies, so I wonder...)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I honestly don't know much about this, but I keep seeing the TV ads for new diabeties treatments.

Are any of them useful?

(I have a student with one of those pump thingies, so I wonder...)
                        Thus far I can't take those because of the bad heart and heart meds. Problem is working an 8 hour shift and riding to and from work on my bike means I'm controlling my sugar. I mean it's a good thing. But then I'm here doing nothing. Watching tv on my laptop. Munching on watermelon and I just can't even hold the slice. It's slowly going away. The problem is you feel like you are dying and you panic and then want to cram everything in your mouth. I've learned to just relax and let the shakes happen. Then they go away once the sugar kicks in.

it just feels crappy.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thus far I can't take those because of the bad heart and heart meds. Problem is working an 8 hour shift and riding to and from work on my bike means I'm controlling my sugar. I mean it's a good thing. But then I'm here doing nothing. Watching tv on my laptop. Munching on watermelon and I just can't even hold the slice. It's slowly going away. The problem is you feel like you are dying and you panic and then want to cram everything in your mouth. I've learned to just relax and let the shakes happen. Then they go away once the sugar kicks in.

it just feels crappy.
                          I understand. My friend's father is diabetic, as well as my uncle, and I 've had to run out and get juice for 'em and such.

What a pain in the hind end to have to deal with for youse...

Comment

LMAO! Wolverine testicles lol that's new. Hopefully you're feeling better now.
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

You just put an image in my head Duce...Man you are good at those graphic descriptions.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X