New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rant Thread X

Apparently I'm feeling confrontational this week. One of my brothers just tried to tell me the hairstylist in Texas had every right to ignore the Governor's statewide order closure and should not be fined for breaking the law and it was perfectly fine for the Lt. Gov. to pay the fines she was given. He also tried to tell me had she been in south Dallas she would have been tried the same. Which lets be honest is the biggest bunch of b.s. ever!!!! And I'm not gonna lie it absolutely enrages me that he would say that. I'm not exactly sure wen my beloved little brother become a right wing blow hard but here we are....

I also got tired of my KP's best friends new wife trying to play the pity me card about them not being able to rent a house all over facebook and corrected some of her facts. Yes your credit matters, yes you have always had to make 3x the rent and yes you are responsible for an application fee. But really what gets you is your rental history and having multiple previous evictions doesn't look good! Also maybe if you had a job you guys would make 3x the rent. She deleted my comment.

Did I mention said best friend asked two people (KP and I) who bother suffer from depression and anxiety if we thought he should he go after sole custody of his son, our godson, because his ex was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

What the hell is wrong with people?!?!?!?!?
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I think one of my neighbors has a touch of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy or something like it. (Or maybe just Drama Queen-itis LOL). A few years ago, one of their cats got out and was gone for about a year. The whole neighborhood was looking for him, and eventually a couple of us lured him into a carrier and got him home. HUUUUUUGE drama and oh-so-happy, etc. - and then they let him out again not too long after, and he was never seen again. Another cat has gotten into several scuffles with local feral cats, etc., and recently got Bobcat Fever. He's lucky to have survived. HUUUUUUUGE drama - and he's right back outside. All their cats are completely tame and litter box trained. Plus the dog......they got a dog last year, and she won't stay in the fenced back yard, oh no, they have to tie her to a tree out front where she barks loudly. (She's not out all the time, but they leave her for several hours.) And of course she's gotten away several times. HUUUUUGE drama again.

Yeah I know this rant is also HUUUUGE drama! LOL But these people shouldn't have pets to just have them repeatedly getting loose and getting hurt/sick to get attention about how wonderful they for getting them taken care of. OK I'm done now.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

with you on this hawk,i will not have an animal i can not take care of completely and be responsible for its safety
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Are people that stupid to get the Coronavirus? Now that people are going to beaches because they're complaining about reopening very badly. Well, you all got your wish as well as just desserts.

Comment

I don't know why my views are deemed wrong and when I make positive suggestions I get rebuked. I feel like I'm basically being told to shut up. I feel that if you have an opinion then you should be able to express it. This whole issue is just giving me negative feelings, like there is a cloud hanging around me. What did I do to deserve such a negative reaction?
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
            I don't know why my views are deemed wrong and when I make positive suggestions I get rebuked. I feel like I'm basically being told to shut up. I feel that if you have an opinion then you should be able to express it. This whole issue is just giving me negative feelings, like there is a cloud hanging around me. What did I do to deserve such a negative reaction?
            If this is in reference to the race discussion over in thinking about, then plain and simple, black people get tired of being talked over by white people. White people need to learn to shut up and listen. Your opinion isn't more important or more valid than a black person's when it comes to issues of race. In fact, as white people, our opinions on the matter are inherently invalid because we benefit from a society that gives us privileges which biases us, often subconsciously, but sometimes consciously, against black people. Id think about why you feel the need to invalidate black voices in this issue.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              If this is in reference to the race discussion over in thinking about, then plain and simple, black people get tired of being talked over by white people. White people need to learn to shut up and listen. Your opinion isn't more important or more valid than a black person's when it comes to issues of race. In fact, as white people, our opinions on the matter are inherently invalid because we benefit from a society that gives us privileges which biases us, often subconsciously, but sometimes consciously, against black people. Id think about why you feel the need to invalidate black voices in this issue.
              Respectfully, I want to introduce a more nuanced view here.

Anybody is entirely right in condemning the rioting. It is dangerous, destructive, wasteful, and enormously counterproductive (in that it muddies an issue that is so much better to deal with when the sides are clear, before the insertion of mass violence).

But not understanding the real and present experiential issues that minorities endure in both generational and current life is also flawed. Without taking the life experiences of "the other" into consideration it is impossible to make sense of the current breakout of violence. And making sense of it is vital to finding a lasting resolution.

In regards to the prejudice of Americans, it has been my experience that, in all cases where prejudice is possible (a tricky way of saying "in all cases") the less prejudice one believes oneself to be, the greater the prejudice the person displays.

Why? Because prejudice is a biologically programmed survival mechanism. As such, it operates primarily at a subconscious level. Unless one is willing to admit that the prejudice exists, and put the psychic effort into dragging it into the light so it can be dealt with conciously, it will continue to operate invisibly in each human.

I think everybody here is familiar with the idea of "confronting the shadow." This concept is not something that exists only in the lala land of quasi-mystical woo-woo. It is extremely practical and must be applied to regular daily life.

What I have described in terms of dealing with one's natural and inherent prejudice (above) is one example of the practicality of "confronting the shadow."
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 30 May 2020, 07:28.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

All Lives Matter is complete bullcrap if people think that Black Lives Matter is completely irrelevant to them.

Comment

thing is if we cannot overcome this issue in our society there will not be any lives to be concerned about as our country may end up as just a burned out hulk of what it was supposed to be a bastion of freedom and connection for all of its citizens not a place ruled by repression and the power of the gun as opposed to to the power of love and connection of everyone as brothers and sisters of a true democracy and a enlightened shining city on that fabled hill
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The whole thing with "all lives matter" is Whataboutism. On my local news sites, whenever someone posts the Covid numbers, someone will say it doesn't kill as many as abortion does. Always some comparison to something that is NOT the topic. Of course all lives DO matter - but at the moment we're talking about a specific life or group of lives. Their egos have to make it be about them and their interests, all the time, every time. Somewhere along the line, that biblical thing about how "God so loved the world..." became "God so loved me and only me". It's frustrating.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The biblical god was always an ethnocentric deity, the christian revision simply created another chosen race - while rejecting the previous one.

They're not doing it wrong. That's a fiction that we tell ourselves to reduce the dissonance of christian detail as it sits out of place in our contemporary world.

I feel like I'm filling up my quota of bad news this am. I just think that it's important that we realize that no appeal to the christian sensibilities of the people opposed to equality will work. Equality is our thing. Othering and demonization is a feature of their belief in vicarious redemption, not a bug. You're either with them, or in hell.

Jesus explains this perfectly well in the parable of the healing of a canaanite woman's daughter. She pleads for his mercy, and he asks her why he should waste a miracle on a dog. He only agrees to do so after she makes a self deprecating joke about her tribe, herself, and her daughter that re-enforces the bigotry of the author.
                      Last edited by Rhythm; 22 Jun 2020, 06:25.

Comment

Customers, if you think that a retail employee is following you around the store then in 99/100 cases, one of two things is true.
                        1) The employee has a job that involves traveling the store so you see a lot of them. This has nothing to do with you.
                        2) The store (not that lone employee) believes you're up to something shady and management has directed people to keep an eye on you.

Employees think that you are a biblical plague masquerading as a human. They don't want to be near you more than is necessary to do their job. Nobody decides, "That's a thief. Instead of informing a manager and getting every pair of eyes in the store on them, I'm going to do the stupid-ass thing and individually stalk them while neglecting my other tasks w/o manager approval." If you feel employees are following you then ask, "Am I doing something suspicious as ****?" If the answer to this question is no, then see scenario 1 above because you are not interesting enough for us to follow without manager direction.
                        "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                        ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

People really need this pandemic seriously because some idiots are saying that the coronavirus is fake and the pandemic is a scam. Like is this the case then why are 100,000 people in the United States are dying. Not so fake now huh.

Comment

Cold comfort, but the people contending that covid is a scam are the same demographic as the people most likely to die from covid - and therefore be unable to say as much ever again.

Comment

Let's fly the flag of scum who would have split the Union so they could continue to keep people as property on Independence Day.

All of my answers to this are virulent and eventually devolve into either sadism, profanity or both.
                              "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                              ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X