X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Facebook is overrated.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Facebook is overrated.
      Facts.

Comment

I'm either getting sick or my allergies are acting up. Not sure which one I'd prefer to be honest.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          I'm either getting sick or my allergies are acting up. Not sure which one I'd prefer to be honest.
          My daughter has had a fever this week... I hate illnesses and feel like we've had far too many this year.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yea. Not allergies... I really hate being sick... I'm not good at taking it easy.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Life always has a tendency to throw a wrench in my plans... finish school, relocate. Easy as that. Last week before we left for vacation KP found out there was a job in Mississippi by his mom, his not really a big fan of his Mom but he lovers her and he misses his sister plus she has offered her husband up to help with Milo. Its also only 7 hours from my family instead of 18. Recruiter contacts him about the job, its a fantastic opportunity for us.

So while on vacation we look at houses and start making a plan, his mom wants to help... Great except all of a sudden its become a "WE" as in her husband and her in addition to us all moving, and its no longer about KP and I. It's "we" should move between my job and KP's job and kalynraye can find a job somewhere oh and I guess go back to school. I shouldn't complain I should be happy they want to actively participate in Milo's life but she's nuts if she thinks she's moving in with us. Also her "preferred" area to live in which is WAY out of our budget is an hour away from KP's new job. So I'm not doing that.

Of course this move is all contingent on if he gets the job. He has an interview with the regional director in the next few days and we will know after that. This is a great opportunity for us, and having help would be amazing I just need to remember that with that helps comes an overbearing mother in law who thinks the world revolves around her and I need patience.

Also I cried the other day when I thought about moving out of my house. I've never had a problem moving before but that could be because it wasn't mine. This one is and I guess I've become a little attached.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

This Straight Pride Parade is a stupid idea, to begin with. Like why do they even need one anyway? They didn't need to fight for equality at their jobs, they not being killed for being straight. They're not being beaten for being straight. It's such a very dumb idea. Also, I feel like the Straight Pride Parade is mocking the Gay Pride Parade and want to compete which sexual orientation is better and also doing it out of spite.
                Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 Jun 2019, 06:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  This Straight Pride Parade is a stupid idea, to begin with. Like why do they even need one anyway? They didn't need to fight for equality at their jobs, they not being killed for being straight. They're not being beaten for being straight. It's such a very dumb idea. Also, I feel like the Straight Pride Parade is mocking the Gay Pride Parade and want to compete which sexual orientation is better and also doing it out of spite.
                  So you have to be undermined or a minority to be proud of what you are?

I support the Straight Pride Parade, and I have a good bunch of LGBTQ+ friends that support it as well. A Parade is not done because it's something that you need to do. It's something you do because you want to do it. That some of them might do it out of mockery or spite is a possibility, but I can assure you many people are proud to uphold certain values or characteristics.
                  I can assure you that in a similar amount, the Gay Pride Parade has some participants that are just there because they know it's going to provoke a reaction among the most conservative folks.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post

I support the Straight Pride Parade, and I have a good bunch of LGBTQ+ friends that support it as well. A Parade is not done because it's something that you need to do. It's something you do because you want to do it. That some of them might do it out of mockery or spite is a possibility, but I can assure you many people are proud to uphold certain values or characteristics.
                    I can assure you that in a similar amount, the Gay Pride Parade has some participants that are just there because they know it's going to provoke a reaction among the most conservative folks.
                    People who celebrate being heterosexual do it everyday. They really don't need a parade for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      People who celebrate being heterosexual do it everyday. They really don't need a parade for that.
                      I see where you're coming from with your statement, and I don't actually think we need a heterosexual parade, but no one "celebrates" being straight, let alone every day.

I can't say for sure, but I think BHM's issue is probably because of the same type of people that bitched about Black Lives Matter by saying 'All Lives Matter', or the #MeToo movement by having the #HimToo hashtag. I feel it's important to have Gay Pride Parades and #MeToo and Black Lives Matter because those are the groups that constantly have to defend themselves and their way of living, or for simply existing while the rest (Men, and/or straight people, and/or white people, etc) get to walk on Easy Street. Why not let LGBTQ have their Gay Parade? There are plenty of other parades throughout the year, why does one of them have to be for straight people?
                      I feel that All Lives, Him Too and a Straight Parade are all things that are a slap in the face of these groups that are struggling and fighting so hard for their rights and to be heard and that it actually undermines their progress.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I see where you're coming from with your statement, and I don't actually think we need a heterosexual parade, but no one "celebrates" being straight, let alone every day.

I can't say for sure, but I think BHM's issue is probably because of the same type of people that bitched about Black Lives Matter by saying 'All Lives Matter', or the #MeToo movement by having the #HimToo hashtag. I feel it's important to have Gay Pride Parades and #MeToo and Black Lives Matter because those are the groups that constantly have to defend themselves and their way of living, or for simply existing while the rest (Men, and/or straight people, and/or white people, etc) get to walk on Easy Street. Why not let LGBTQ have their Gay Parade? There are plenty of other parades throughout the year, why does one of them have to be for straight people?
                        I feel that All Lives, Him Too and a Straight Parade are all things that are a slap in the face of these groups that are struggling and fighting so hard for their rights and to be heard and that it actually undermines their progress.
                        Exactly and if you feel like I was being offended in some way then I do apologized for that. I just wanted to expressed how I feel about this issue.

Comment

All Lives, Him Too, and the Straight parade don't need to be a slap in the face. The feeling of undermining some people feel in when faced with these movements is of their own creation. Everyone has a voice, it's their right to express it. While it's of utmost importance to be careful of the needs and advancement of minorities, it shouldn't be to the detriment of the freedom of expression of others that don't fit the narrative.

Having it easy is not a reason to not celebrate what we are, our lives, or what we've accomplished, even if our obstacles are lesser than other's. Every person is an individual, and regardless of age, gender, sex, orientation, religion, or race, every individual has a personal struggle that is subjectively harder or easier than other's. Thus while any comparison made between communities can obviously make disparities become apparent, when you compare each individual you realize how arbitrary and wrong the "You're straight/white/cisgender so you have it easy" or the "You're gay/latino/trans so you have it harder" becomes.

Either everyone has a voice with equal opportunity or no one does.

A more positivist outlook in these "counter"movements would help everyone. More LGBTQ+ people participating in the Straight Parade, and more Straight and Cisgender people in the Gay Parade would only benefit everyone and create a sense of something larger. The quicker we manage to trivialize factors like sex, orientation, religion, or race in each passing generation, the quicker the injustice and difficulties these minorities live will banish. Having a Gay Parade but publicly shaming the Straight Parade is only going to increase tension and defeat the purpose of integration and trivialization for these communities.

Of course, this is highly debatable and its only my view on it.

Comment

All Lives, Him Too, and the Straight parade don't need to be a slap in the face. The feeling of undermining some people feel in when faced with these movements is of their own creation. Everyone has a voice, it's their right to express it. While it's of utmost importance to be careful of the needs and advancement of minorities, it shouldn't be to the detriment of the freedom of expression of others that don't fit the narrative.

Having it easy is not a reason to not celebrate what we are, our lives, or what we've accomplished, even if our obstacles are lesser than other's. Every person is an individual, and regardless of age, gender, sex, orientation, religion, or race, every individual has a personal struggle that is subjectively harder or easier than other's. Thus while any comparison made between communities can obviously make disparities become apparent, when you compare each individual you realize how arbitrary and wrong the "You're straight/white/cisgender so you have it easy" or the "You're gay/latino/trans so you have it harder" becomes.

Either everyone has a voice with equal opportunity or no one does.

A more positivist outlook in these "counter"movements would help everyone. More LGBTQ+ people participating in the Straight Parade, and more Straight and Cisgender people in the Gay Parade would only benefit everyone and create a sense of something larger. The quicker we manage to trivialize factors like sex, orientation, religion, or race in each passing generation, the quicker the injustice and difficulties these minorities live will banish. Having a Gay Parade but publicly shaming the Straight Parade is only going to increase tension and defeat the purpose of integration and trivialization for these communities.

Of course, this is highly debatable and its only my view on it.
                            I understand what you're saying and I respect your opinion on it.

Comment

I needed to rant myself on that too, hah.

Comment

I still feel that having a Straight Pride Parade is unnecessary but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X