This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Complaining about your shift to people who started before you and leave after you doesn't actually end well...
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

This stupid bs with my boyfriend is making me want to kill him.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Squirrels are dismantling my bird feeder. They got 2 of the mounting screws off and the nuts disappeared - I had to make a run to the hardware store for more. The guy at the store said squirrels are the mafia! They really are. Little beady-eyed creeps, watching and learning and biding their time.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This lady makes me want to hurt something. Maybe if I put anger in my system drop by drop and let it infuse cuz SCIENCE!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hands Duce a club...and what the heck is that SMELL!!!!?(Independence day movie reference) She is crapping my brain with her tentacles..That woman is so weird about real science,and turning it into a mish-mash of jumbled stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

How does she rate the title of Doctor? I mean really where did she study,clown collage? I know I am being kind of mean,but stupid makes me crazy.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This is the kind of stuff my aunt talks about. It's no different than a radicalized religious person.
              sigpic

Comment

OK, she lost me when she took mass out the equation.. E=C2. Totally, totally misunderstanding the equation, making it meaningless.

But I'm learning. Things don't mean what they mean, they mean what you want them to mean. Suddenly, thinking becomes so much easier. I could do it all day long, and never sweat.
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 31 May 2016, 16:05.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  How does she rate the title of Doctor? I mean really where did she study,clown collage? I know I am being kind of mean,but stupid makes me crazy.
                  Depends on what you mean by "doctor"---a person that treats other people, or a person with a lot of schooling///
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I guess if one gets a doctorate in something like I don't know.

Who knew you could buy one on the Internet?

Had to Save that link for later.

- - - Updated - - -

And this I think fits.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Management, my availability is 8-11 specifically so I never need to worry about a 5-8:30 shipment detail. This is not a restriction that I'm overly forgiving when people break it.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A 5 year old Brooklyn boy died after falling from an apartment balcony. Many times, the article stated that the family and the neighborhood was Orthodox Jewish. So, some dimwit posts "May he rest in the arms of Jesus."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          A 5 year old Brooklyn boy died after falling from an apartment balcony. Many times, the article stated that the family and the neighborhood was Orthodox Jewish. So, some dimwit posts "May he rest in the arms of Jesus."
                          That would be Jesus the Rabbi, rather than Jesus the son of God.

::
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            That would be Jesus the Rabbi, rather than Jesus the son of God.

::
                            Kid would have been OK if there was a gorilla there to catch him, just sayin'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Woman you have a very strange mind...I like it...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                Kid would have been OK if there was a gorilla there to catch him, just sayin'.
                                Don't know sounds like a job for the Chip n Dales dressing as firemen. Then the kid is saved the distraught mom is entertained and the watching public can argue over who was better and would have been better at catching the kid. For the men you could use the Rocketts as have them do a choirs line type thing.
                                Last edited by monsno_leedra; 02 Jun 2016, 08:57.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X