This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Ahhh! My head is still hurting even though I have been taking my sinus infection meds and headache meds as well. I've been using my humidifier and using a heating pack and it just hurts. I hope it stops soon!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I don't understand why some parents take their kids to see an R rated movie. Early this morning I wait in line to see the movie Bad Boys For Life and I see two parents with a baby in the stroller waiting in line to see the Bad Boys For Life. Are they serious?! The baby will get traumatized for seeing this movie.

Comment

#1. The baby in the stroller was more likely than not gonna sleep through the movie & if the kid does wake up, the kid will kick up a fuss for being in a boring dark place with flickering lights & then either be fed, entertained, & fall back asleep; but more likely the parents will end up forced by the kidling's complaining to leave in the middle of the movie.

#2. If the kid was over a month old, the parents had gained enough previous experience to know that #1 is true, and, since parents of a young child are often low on money & can't afford a babysitter, and don't get out much because they are tired and over worked, and know better than to leave the kid locked in the car or with the drunk by the dumpster, just figured "Well, let's just give it a shot. Worst outcome we'll miss half the movie."

- - - Updated - - -

#1. The baby in the stroller was more likely than not gonna sleep through the movie & if the kid does wake up, the kid will kick up a fuss for being in a boring dark place with flickering lights & then either be fed, entertained, & fall back asleep; but more likely the parents will end up forced by the kidling's complaining to leave in the middle of the movie.

#2. If the kid was over a month old, the parents had gained enough previous experience to know that #1 is true, and, since parents of a young child are often low on money & can't afford a babysitter, and don't get out much because they are tired and over worked, and know better than to leave the kid locked in the car or with the drunk by the dumpster, just figured "Well, let's just give it a shot. Worst outcome we'll miss half the movie."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          I don't understand why some parents take their kids to see an R rated movie. Early this morning I wait in line to see the movie Bad Boys For Life and I see two parents with a baby in the stroller waiting in line to see the Bad Boys For Life. Are they serious?! The baby will get traumatized for seeing this movie.
          In addition til threw above response, a baby isn't going to be traumatized by whatever is on the screen. A toddler maybe, but not a baby, especially a sleeping one.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            In addition til threw above response, a baby isn't going to be traumatized by whatever is on the screen. A toddler maybe, but not a baby, especially a sleeping one.
            I still say the movie isn't age-appropriate for kids especially a baby.

Comment

That baby is probably far less disruptive than the people who run their mouths during the film or those who never turn off their cell phones. But ironically you seldom hear people complain about that or see them get asked to leave the theater.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Babies don't care. Appropriateness doesn't matter when they're asleep and not processing anything. Age- appropriate only really matters if a kid is going to process the information, and a sleeping baby won't. Do you have any idea how many parents have sex with the baby sleeping in a bassinet next to the bed, completely unaware? Parents need to be able to have a life too.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  Babies don't care. Appropriateness doesn't matter when they're asleep and not processing anything. Age- appropriate only really matters if a kid is going to process the information, and a sleeping baby won't. Do you have any idea how many parents have sex with the baby sleeping in a bassinet next to the bed, completely unaware? Parents need to be able to have a life too.
                  That I can really understand and I don't even have kids.

Comment

Parent with a not even 2 year old here. I will 100% guarantee that the only thing that kid MIGHT think is "Oh look, stuff is moving about and I can look at flickering colors". Babies don't care, at all. It will either nap, or watch it with them, and not really process anything of it. Loud and sudden noises /might/ startle it, but that's a baby by baby thing. Friends baby if a pan drops, she freaks out, but my minion just looks over at it and basically goes "Oh, okay, gunna go back to playing now". Now, give it two more years when their cognitive abilities are a bit more developed and can actually form somewhat of a sentence, then yeah, start thinking about "age appropriate" and what that means towards what you're dragging a kid to.
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                      Parent with a not even 2 year old here. I will 100% guarantee that the only thing that kid MIGHT think is "Oh look, stuff is moving about and I can look at flickering colors". Babies don't care, at all. It will either nap, or watch it with them, and not really process anything of it. Loud and sudden noises /might/ startle it, but that's a baby by baby thing. Friends baby if a pan drops, she freaks out, but my minion just looks over at it and basically goes "Oh, okay, gunna go back to playing now". Now, give it two more years when their cognitive abilities are a bit more developed and can actually form somewhat of a sentence, then yeah, start thinking about "age appropriate" and what that means towards what you're dragging a kid to.
                      Well as long as the baby won't start crying and disrupt the movie then we're good.

Comment

I don't really care much for Mukbang Youtubers especially one certain Youtuber named Nikocado Avocado. This guy is so unstable he eats a lot of junk food and do so much crazy things on his video like shaving his hair and put his hair on cheese and put it on his face. Also he's a drama queen and always false DMCA everyone who criticized him. This guy is a trainwreck.

Comment

I seriously don't understand today society: black people lynching, LGBT people get killed everyday. Like for God's sakes, this is 2020 already, stop the hate already.

Comment

I agree there is a lot of hate in our society, but we have to stop complaining about it. We have to do something about it. And it's not just black people and LGBT. There is also Anti-Semitism present for example. We have to be more active in our society whether it be starting our own page or group, being active in a rally, or sending prayers to people all around the world.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              I agree there is a lot of hate in our society, but we have to stop complaining about it. We have to do something about it. And it's not just black people and LGBT. There is also Anti-Semitism present for example. We have to be more active in our society whether it be starting our own page or group, being active in a rally, or sending prayers to people all around the world.
                              I also agree about anti-Semitism as well. Anti-Semitism needs to stop as well. It usually involved politics.
                              Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 08 Mar 2020, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                I belong to Indivisible. They have chapters in many locations. We get involved in local protests, etc. - check out Indivisible.org Maybe there's one near you.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X