Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1820

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

It irks me to no end when the coordinator at work schedules me for an 11hr day 3 days in a row without asking me if I could. I have a doctor's appointment so no i cannot work your idiotic 11 hr day. And even when my schedule goes to 4x10hr shifts starting next week, it's still not ok to schedule me for 11 hours without asking me first. You're a coordinator. Coordinate. ffs
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

ouch Juni that seems like a crappy workshift. Hopefully they get their heads on straight and stop doing it.

I am over this neck issue. It's been a week and I can barely turn my neck to the left, let alone tilt it down or look over my shoulder. It's causing my shoulders and lower back to start hurting and I drive enough that it really is starting to add to my stress levels. Plus the youngest kiddo likes to swing around on me and that's now incredibly hurtful. I wish I had enough money to go to a chiropractor but nope.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

hate changing passwords but done now
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    ouch Juni that seems like a crappy workshift. Hopefully they get their heads on straight and stop doing it.

I am over this neck issue. It's been a week and I can barely turn my neck to the left, let alone tilt it down or look over my shoulder. It's causing my shoulders and lower back to start hurting and I drive enough that it really is starting to add to my stress levels. Plus the youngest kiddo likes to swing around on me and that's now incredibly hurtful. I wish I had enough money to go to a chiropractor but nope.
    I hate it when that happens. I hope it gets to feeling better soon.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I'm too tired to be people. Day 2 of 3 - 16 hour shifts
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Somebody shared this video of a tiny, very poor Indian girl (I'd guess 4 yo) making this whole complex meal, over a fire, very impressive, etc, etc. And they're trying to shame me for being the one who spoke up and said that it's not "fun" or "cool" that such a little kid is so experienced cooking for her family. I said that it's a high likelihood that she was left to go hungry or beaten into compliance, and learned these skills under duress and that given that she's obviously a poor girl in India there's a good chance that she's being groomed to be a young bride, or sold into prostitution, and that people needed to realize that this girl was being exploited. Apparently, I'm the ignorant one...

Seriously, I know that not every person in India lives like that. But a lot of them do. And to ignore that is the definition of ignorance. And yeah, I totally believe in teaching my kids life skills. My daughter is five and we're planning to start teaching her to use the stove in the next year or so. She can already get herself breakfast (thanks, Thal) and pour her own drinks, etc, etc. She's learning to clean the house. But I let her be a kid too and I'm not marrying her off before 15.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    Somebody shared this video of a tiny, very poor Indian girl (I'd guess 4 yo) making this whole complex meal, over a fire, very impressive, etc, etc. And they're trying to shame me for being the one who spoke up and said that it's not "fun" or "cool" that such a little kid is so experienced cooking for her family. I said that it's a high likelihood that she was left to go hungry or beaten into compliance, and learned these skills under duress and that given that she's obviously a poor girl in India there's a good chance that she's being groomed to be a young bride, or sold into prostitution, and that people needed to realize that this girl was being exploited. Apparently, I'm the ignorant one...
    That's heartbreaking! Sad that so many people can be apathetic to what's happening right in front of them; trust me, you surely aren't the ignorant one; you simply saw things for how they are. Wished there was something we could do for places like that so that kids don't have to go through those horrors.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Why the hell is it snowing again!!!!!!!!

Enough I say, enough! Turn back into rain and melt the damn snow.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Ideas for keeping animal hair off my work clothes and go...

Even immediately out of the drier, I'm still finding animal hair on my clothes. My boss at the funeral home talked to me about it today. I have to get this under control. We went through and dusted and vacuumed, swept, mopped, etc the downstairs this afternoon and the furniture is already visibly hairy again. One of our dogs is getting a shave now that it's warm enough, and the other will go into the groomer soon, but we still have a short haired shedder and three cats...

I'm hoping to get some sort of bag I can hang all my work clothes in, but I need to get the hair off them in the drier and find a way to get out of the house without collecting hair in the process. I literally find hair on me in the five feet it takes to get from the kitchen to the front door after using a lint roller to get it all off. I don't know where it's coming from (the animals obviously, but in between, they aren't shedding that much in 2-3 hours.)

Additionally, the baby sitter is upset about the animal hair my daughter carries into her house. My daughter literally drags her blankie everywhere and that's the worst culprit. We're working on reducing that habit, but I'm not willing to just cold turkey it, and I don't really have a problem with her having a comfort item. I've been shaking it out outside as soon as I get there and lint rolling it as well, but that only does so much. So this is the second complaint I've heard about animal hair this month, and I just want to pull my hair out. By the time I get done thoroughly cleaning one section of the house, the other is literally covered in hair again... I never get ahead of it enough to really stay on top of it. On top of school, working two jobs, and raising a kiddo, it's really overwhelming.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Can you change clothes right before you get to work or at work? Like pull your clothes from the dryer and immediately put them in the clothing bag and leave the house in normal clothes. Maybe that would help reduce the pet hair, also keep a lint roller in the bad our your purse so you can spot check when you get there. My house is a disaster, ok its not that bad but I also feel like I can never get ahead. All that baking I wanted today went down the drain as Milo only napped for half an hour today and I was not allowed 5 feet away without a meltdown.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect