This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Come up with a new one to inspire conversation.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Come up with a new one to inspire conversation.
      Pretty much this.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Little Kids On Youtube

This is a rant about little kids on Youtube. Every time when I watch videos and read comments, there's always have to be little brats on Youtube trolling in the comment section thinking that they're so cute. Well it's not. It's immature and they've no business being on Youtube in the first place. One time when a bratty little girl who said horrible things about and I curse this little monster out. (Potty mouth wise that is.) Then her older sister defends her snot-nose sister telling me that I shouldn't curse at her little bratty sister and all that junk. NEWS FLASH: I've every right to curse that little brat and second she shouldn't be on Youtube in the first place. You've to be over 13 years old to be on Youtube. NO EXCEPTIONS! That's my rant.

Comment

Re: Little Kids On Youtube

As an adult, I generally refrain from being an ass to bratty children. And I generally refrain from being an ass on the internet. In both cases, you are feeding the troll.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

It both bugs me and confuses me when people say things like "I finally broke down and turned on the a/c (or heat)", in their own home. Like they're apologetic. People seem to have a thing for waiting until something's really far gone to try & do something about it. So very sick they finally went to the Dr., etc. And I don't mean people who are watching every literal penny, either.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              It both bugs me and confuses me when people say things like "I finally broke down and turned on the a/c (or heat)", in their own home. Like they're apologetic. People seem to have a thing for waiting until something's really far gone to try & do something about it. So very sick they finally went to the Dr., etc. And I don't mean people who are watching every literal penny, either.
              I run AC and heat all the time. I like my house between 70 and 75. Anything outside of those temperatures requires adjustment. Not sorry. Lol
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                I run AC and heat all the time. I like my house between 70 and 75. Anything outside of those temperatures requires adjustment. Not sorry. Lol
                Yay!!! I'm not alone in something.
                sigpic

Comment

I'll let the house get up to around 80 in the summer months before turning on the a/c, and tend to keep it around 62 in the winter. It's not so much a case of enjoying a little chill or a bit of heat, as it is just the easiest way for me to attempt to keep the costs of the extra electricity and oil down. Though, this year I've seen a major decrease in the cost of both. Last year I was paying almost $4.00 per gallon of heating oil, while this year I just got a delivery that was at $1.97 per gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    I'll let the house get up to around 80 in the summer months before turning on the a/c, and tend to keep it around 62 in the winter. It's not so much a case of enjoying a little chill or a bit of heat, as it is just the easiest way for me to attempt to keep the costs of the extra electricity and oil down.
                    I do the same. I just wear hoodies inside in the winter and use a fan in the summer to save a little cash; I do feel apologetic towards my wallet when I give into temptation and use the ac or heater :^^:

Comment

Rarely gets over 85 in the summer so never have a/c on ... don't use heater until nights get below 45 ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

It stays at 65 at night in my house, year around. During the day in the summer 70 and 65 during the winter.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Someone else on my fb just posted that they "finally had to turn the heat on" - I know this person is not hurting for money or anything. It's one of those attitudes that seems odd to me. I feel so Spockish sometimes, observing human behavior and finding it highly illogical. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

They could have other reasons for wanting to conserve heat. I know that for me, it's partly about money, but also because natural gas heating is pretty bad for the environment and that's the only heating option here besides coal (which is worse).

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Someone else on my fb just posted that they "finally had to turn the heat on" - I know this person is not hurting for money or anything. It's one of those attitudes that seems odd to me. I feel so Spockish sometimes, observing human behavior and finding it highly illogical. LOL

Its like when I see people say "I'm taking ______ back". Where are you taking it back to?
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

When someone tells me that they finally had to run the heat or AC I just figure that the season changed enough to require it. It never dawned on me that they were uncomfortable before and used it only as a necessity or that they were trying to conserve energy or money. I am comfortable most of the year. There are a few weeks in the summer when the AC is nice and during the winter when heat is nice but most of the time the temps in the house and outside are fine. Now, I don't live in Quebec or Nome nor do I live in the desert states so my climate is moderate and dry. I do drink a lot of water so I am not conserving that but I don't waste it either.
                                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X