This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

If you're a Marvel movie fan, you REALLY have to watch all of them, don't you? I haven't seen a few of them, and as I'm closing the gap, I'm realizing that I was "missing" something from the other movies I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      If you're a Marvel movie fan, you REALLY have to watch all of them, don't you? I haven't seen a few of them, and as I'm closing the gap, I'm realizing that I was "missing" something from the other movies I've seen.
      Seems not only have to watch them all but also watch them in a certain order to see how they cross over. It's like Guardian's of the Galaxy ties into the new Avengers movie Age of Ultron when Thor is talking about other "Stones" appearing and which ones they are. Yet that also ties it back into the Thor movies as well as Captain American First Avenger and the Tesarac.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        You will miss things if you skip one of the MCU movies since those are built into a connected storyline but you don't necessarily need to see all of them to enjoy them. I've skipped the later Iron Man movies without losing much fun.

The X-men movies, the Daredevil movie (not show), Electra, probably the Toby Maguire Spider Man movies are not part of the MCU and are not tied in. There are probably some others.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          You will miss things if you skip one of the MCU movies since those are built into a connected storyline but you don't necessarily need to see all of them to enjoy them. I've skipped the later Iron Man movies without losing much fun.

The X-men movies, the Daredevil movie (not show), Electra, probably the Toby Maguire Spider Man movies are not part of the MCU and are not tied in. There are probably some others.
          Even the X-men will get iffy though. Figure Peatro and Wanda Maximoff were introduced in the new Avengers movie and they are the children of Magneto. Then not shown yet but the connection between Captain America and Wolverine during WWII and fighting Red Skull which could also be brought in.

Not sure if the current Antman movie will tie in. Figure the Fantastic Four have not tied in though can't say for the latest failure as I have not seen that one. Will be interesting to see about the Spiderman movies as rumor has it he is supposed to be in one of the in-production movies to tie him into the story lines.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Even the X-men will get iffy though. Figure Peatro and Wanda Maximoff were introduced in the new Avengers movie and they are the children of Magneto. Then not shown yet but the connection between Captain America and Wolverine during WWII and fighting Red Skull which could also be brought in.

Not sure if the current Antman movie will tie in. Figure the Fantastic Four have not tied in though can't say for the latest failure as I have not seen that one. Will be interesting to see about the Spiderman movies as rumor has it he is supposed to be in one of the in-production movies to tie him into the story lines.
            There cannot be any ties made between the current MCU and the X-men. IN fact, if you have watched any of the Agents of SHIELD, they refrain from mentioning "mutants" at all. That's because Marvel doesn't have the movie property rights to the X-Men, and Fox has forbidden them from making mention of them in their productions. So, you'll never hear Marvel mention the relationship between Magneto and his kids or Cap and Wolverine (at least in movies). With the recent failure of the newest Fantastic Four movie, there has been talk of Marvel buying the rights back to them so that they could perhaps do them proper justice, and there has been a deal made with Sony so that Marvel can use Spiderman from time to time, starting with Cap 3: Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

Munin-Hugin covered this pretty well. Yes there are points where comic fans know there's a tie but the X-men movie plotlines currently have no ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe setting due to licensing shenanigans.

I wonder if Emperor Mouse has the money to buy Fox and then re-arrange things.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

We have a new rant thread! I panicked for a moment when I couldn't post in the last one. I hardly ever rant, so wondered what I could possibly have said that was so horrific as to get me banned from ranting! ^^

Anyway; memrise.com has been down since I got up this morning. I only have a few hundred left to learn and I'll have memorised all the jouyou kanji (the general-use characters taught in Japanese schools that everyone is expected to be able to read by adulthood). I've been cram-studying them this week while I'm off work because I'm sick of reading kids stories and I just want them nailed once and for all.

Why Memrise, why?? Why are you doing this to me???? ;_;
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly!!! Good lord I don't understand people, I don't understand how you can spend 6 years with someone that you don't even like. Your together, you get married, you have kids, you fight ALL the time.. You don't like how he treats you, he doesn't respect you, or take care of the girls, its all about him him him, he only takes care of himself. Then you separate, and then you get back together, then you do it again, and again. Finally you divorce, then your back together, and your separated. Then he starts seeing someone else and you just can't handle that, and your back together but hes still seeing said girl on the side, and then your not together and you hate him and you never want anything to do with him. And your fucking back together because hes changed THIS time and hes really committed.

All the while you only talk to me when things are going horribly with him but pretend like I don't exist when you convince yourself that your happy and things are going perfectly. Just like a really family should. And I've had enough. I'm finally freaking there and its taking all I have not to tell you your stupid and lying to yourself and that what your doing isn't good for the girls. You are damaging them by your constant change in relationship status with their father. A father who really doesn't care anything about them.

I really want to pick a fight, I really really want to. I want to know what the hell is going through her head but I know we wont speak to each other any more if I do, and I have to decide if its worth it.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Could it not be exactly 101 degrees today?
                    Thanks. K. Die.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I thought the rain cooled things down Duce..
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I thought the rain cooled things down Duce..
                        That was Satan giving us hope before he farted fire down here.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Asthma.... *hisses* This stupid thing, it bothers me. And my new inhaler stinks. Oh well....
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm so tired of (well-meaning) people asking me what's wrong and after I'm able to explain a tiny bit of the story, they simply give me a one-line cliche response and expect that to be the end of it.

"Waiting it out," doesn't work.
                            "It will be ok," doesn't work.
                            "Do what's right for you," I can't. And I don't even know what that is anymore.
                            "Talk to someone, let it out," I just tried doing that and clearly nobody wants to hear the whole story or wade through it with me that isn't getting paid $200/hour to do so.
                            "You just need to move out," don't you think I tried? Finances are a thing.

Eff it. Don't ask to be an insider to a situation you can't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                              Asthma.... *hisses* This stupid thing, it bothers me. And my new inhaler stinks. Oh well....
                              I feel your pain.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                I feel your pain.
                                We should make an asthma hangout meeting some day.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm aware, I'm far from being the only asthma person in here.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X