X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    I read about people calling 911 because their cat chased them into their bathroom. I've see psycho cats on TV...

But I've never met a cat like that in real life -

Until now. My daughter's roommate has one. The thing launched into three seperate full on, no holds barred, kill without mercy, unprovoked attacks on me over the course of a few hours. It literally had me running away, looking for a safe place.

My arms are now covered with deep, puss oozing wounds.

I am now safe at my other daughter's house where the cats are big fuzzballs begging for belly rubs...
    I've never met a cat who pulled this against me. I a cat had who decided when I was young that one of my uncles couldn't be alone with me and chased him out of my room. My aunt was perfectly fine but if my uncle came to check on me there might be blood.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

For 2 solid weeks I have been woke up at some point during the night by charlie horses, and now they have moved from the calves up to the back of my thighs. I eat a banana or two almost every day, I drink tons of water, I am constantly moving. I have no idea what the crap to do to get rid of them. I try sleeping a different way NOTHING. I have an appointment with my Midwife next Tuesday but don't think I will be able to wait that long.... who the crap said this was fun again?????? They lied.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        For 2 solid weeks I have been woke up at some point during the night by charlie horses, and now they have moved from the calves up to the back of my thighs. I eat a banana or two almost every day, I drink tons of water, I am constantly moving. I have no idea what the crap to do to get rid of them. I try sleeping a different way NOTHING. I have an appointment with my Midwife next Tuesday but don't think I will be able to wait that long.... who the crap said this was fun again?????? They lied.
        Ouchie!!! Back of the thighs would cane. Have you tried magnesium? You could try spray on that you apply to shoulders, hips, thighs then calves, tablets or powder.

Comment

Wow, BG, Boris Johnson?!?! WTF.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Little cryptic Thal,please expand...

- - - Updated - - -

Is the BG British Government?
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Little cryptic Thal,please expand...

- - - Updated - - -

Is the BG British Government?
              Its my phone's autocorrect--it was supposed to be GB for Great Britain. Instead, it gave me an abbreviation I saved to the dictionary for something else!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Just had a lady get mad at me and correct me for calling her ma'am. She informed me she was a MS. And that people from the north don't like to be called ma'am... well your just gonna have to deal because I ain't callin ya ms.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Just had a lady get mad at me and correct me for calling her ma'am. She informed me she was a MS. And that people from the north don't like to be called ma'am... well your just gonna have to deal because I ain't callin ya ms.
                  It drives me mad when people think they're so important that they can dictate how others use language around them. If you want me to address you in a particular way, or give you some special pronoun, fine.. ask me.. NICELY, but don't get all pissy if I don't psychically know this information, or if I forget.

Don't you just love it when rants are contagious!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I had to wait 2 hours at the blood lab to give my blood. Then the tech asks me how long it's been since I last ate. 15 dang hours! Take my blood. Plus it's currently 95 degrees and we have all 3 a/c units going on. AND the amber light on my power cord is blinking. I'm almost certain I'm going to have to go flip the circuit breaker back on any minute.

And I'm wearing a wet tank top that is drying faster than the speed of light.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

ERm. Ma'am is not a southern thing. Its a manners thing. As in "Yes, sir/No, ma'am", etc. I call my CHILDREN sir/ma'am when it comes to manners.
                      sigpic

Comment

And that people from the north don't like to be called ma'am...
                        Really now? I use Ma'am ALL the time at work because I can't be assed to guess whether someone is married just to figure out the correct formal address and I'm pretty sure that I deal with as many northern ****wits, brain dead O2 exchangers, general idiots, customers as I do southern ones. It's never been an issue.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

From Alabama. Live in Vermont. Has not noticed a decrease or increase in manners or use of the word ma'am.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                            Just drove from Riverside to Santa Monica and didn't die. Then got charged $30 to park. I should get to park for free for surving L.A. traffic. Don't know how people do this every day.
                            Gonna give props,having grown up in California,and driven for a living there. Traffic sucks,and drivers can be aholes. Still alive is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Growing up,it was always yes Ma'am or you might get a smack on the behind,and yes Sir as well.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              .. Growing up,it was always yes Ma'am or you might get a smack on the behind,and yes Sir as well.
                              That's the way it was for us. What was interesting is that Mom and Dad might be forgiving to them but our backsides were doomed if we didn't use it for other adults when speaking to them.

Personally I hate that MS thing. If they just state they prefer one over the other no big deal but when they push it I tend to say"Sorry didn't realize you were disabled. Ms is a horrible disease to have to live with" or something similar. Tends to piss them off but oh well.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Getting sick of the amount of coverage the BBC is showing of the US general election. I get that this is important to the whole world, but is it really so important that the last 2 nights have been dominated by the freaking Democratic Party conference? It's not my vote they're trying to win so why give it so much time? A short synopsis during the headlines would do. Live rolling coverage should just be for the voters.

Then to top it all off, I come to PF and there's an ongoing argument about politics here too. Out of its designated enclosure too. Give me strength.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X