X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    The idea is almost universal in the military. The enlisted ranks may pay homage to the officer class but,there is some negative image for about them by enlisted members because blue collar values(real work) vs spoiled money background for officers. Some working class people do get sponsored to the academy but more likely it is based on family connections. Like calling a boatswains mate "Boats" or someone working in the engine room a "Bilge Rat",among enlisted people a pet name. The enlisted ranks is a "Closed club" to officers... Why when I was going to "Hit the beach" with the "Boats" to go drinking and such,an officer asked why he could not come. The boats said he did not drink with "Kids",and the officer,pointing at me said,but he is a "Kid",and the boats said,he has not been a kid since he was 12 years old...working class,born to it!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you are wondering about Navy slang,like a Snipe.

Go here.

If you wonder,a Snipe works in the engineering department.
    Goes right along with the "What's the difference between an Ensign / 1st LT and an E-2? The E-2 has been promoted already and shown his / her worth!"

I know being a member of the Goat locker there was quite a bit of difference between us and the wardroom.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Lol. My boss calls me Lady all the time. It's a hoot!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What is so hard to understand about 20 items or less???? You don't go through that line if you have half a basket of crap.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          What is so hard to understand about 20 items or less???? You don't go through that line if you have half a basket of crap.
          Lol. The couple behind me at Walmart had this exact argument in the express line. Apparently the family in front thought 6 bags of anything was ONE item. So you can imagine the big ass cart going through with a million ONE item groups.

I just had my bike.

Comment

Started smoking again. I'm pretty fucking dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
              Started smoking again. I'm pretty fucking dumb.
              You must be dumb and rich. Aren't cigs expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                We have a grocery store here where that is the only open aisle...people give you a dirty look, but ots literally the only place with a cashier.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  We have a grocery store here where that is the only open aisle...people give you a dirty look, but ots literally the only place with a cashier.
                  At that point I have absolutely no problem with you using whatever lane is open but when there are other open lanes with actual cashiers and you ignore those then I take issue. No one wants to spend hours in a grocery store.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

2nd day on meal plan. Didn't take enough food to work. Had to get a can of coke before I rode home and my sugar was still 127 and probably going down.

Comment

Night before last, Remmy the Beagle managed to break into the refrigerator, stole a leftover ham, and ate an entire 16-count package of hotdogs before we caught him.

Yesterday he had a bad bellyache, and today he is sitting on the couch farting.

What the hell, dog!
                      Last edited by B. de Corbin; 03 Aug 2016, 01:41.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Woke up this morning to an email stating that I had an account in collections reported to my credit report. Checked to see if it was a new one or one that I was already knew about and sent the fraud affidavit to. Nope it was one that I had spoke to, and sent the paperwork off to... So I call to speak to them and the first woman I get just blind transfers me. Looks up my social and sends me to someone else. Only to have that woman tell me that no they closed it on their end and I need to talk to the first woman... So I call back and she tells me she doesn't know what's going on and needs to get a manager to look into it. Why the crap didn't you follow up with me after you received the damn affidavit????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

And I totally just flipped shit. They lost my paperwork and magically never received my police report. So before I lost it on the woman I asked her to send me the affidavit again and I would get it taken care of only to be informed they don't mail those out. Well who the crap sent me the first one then??? Transfer me to a person who originally sent it out then. She sends me to a manager to put me in my place and I lost it. Completely lost it.

Comment

I've dealt with stupid stuff like that a few times. The worse has always been Dept A receives payments, Dept B processes payments, Dept C posts Payments and Dept D makes late payment calls. I've gotten calls from Dept. D and threatened even though I have a signed receipt from someone in Dept. A who signed for my payment but it hadn't been processed yet. Then add insult to injury get told well the payment is still late because the computer flagged it for Dept D as being late even though Dept. A signed for it and it was in the business somewhere.

Makes it even better when late charges are applied automatically then you have to fight the system to show they had it before the due date and the late charges have to be removed.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I argued with 2 different women that the affidavit was sent by their company for 20 mins and they continuously said it wasn't. Well I'm not stupid and copied the original affidavit I had for them and kept the original letter they sent me. They aren't getting a copy of my police report. I will send them the number of the police report and they can request it. I'm beyond angry and being 6 months pregnant does not help in the least. These people have been the least helpful and the most worthless. None of the other companies have called me with an attitude or tried threatening me just this one.

Comment

So I stayed home because I woke up feeling all around crappy.
                              I went to make a sammy and found the bread I JUST BOUGHT is full of green mold.
                              I ate half a sammy of it yesterday and didn't eat the rest for whatever reason.

I'm allergic to penicillin even in the tiniest amounts..and even small pieces of mold make me ill.

I want to dieeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                So I stayed home because I woke up feeling all around crappy.
                                I went to make a sammy and found the bread I JUST BOUGHT is full of green mold.
                                I ate half a sammy of it yesterday and didn't eat the rest for whatever reason.

I'm allergic to penicillin even in the tiniest amounts..and even small pieces of mold make me ill.

I want to dieeeeeeeeeeeee.
                                Didn't we just have a conversation on blue cheese.... no killing yourself unless its on a good and tasty mold. Moldy bread is not good and tasty mold!

Comment

Working...
                                X