X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    So I took the time to cook this Paul Newman's marinara. It's like tomatoes and nothing else. Fine. I want to add my mushrooms,onions and meat. I added pepper and garlic salt. But it's pretty...bland. What I should have done was buy that jar of italian spices. And I didn't. So I'm having one serving (because I had to make my lunch) of this version. Now I have to re-heat it on a slow simmer (again) and add the seasonings to it. I hope it works. :=L:

*it should work, right?
    It will work have no fear. We do that all the time in the restaurant. Make a huge batch of a sauce and then take what we need reheat and season as we need. If anything it will just make it better.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My fuse at work is getting shorter every day. The BS is seriously not worth it and I the day I hand in my notice can't come soon enough.
      So close.... so very very close.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My freaking hands and fingers are hurting...weather change..not from doing stuff,they just ache!!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My other MIL has been talking about coming up in December to meet the Monster. Well 2 days ago she asked KP for us to go to Miami for Christmas as her husband's dad is sick and they don't think he will make it another one. I am apprehensive but ok with going for 2 reasons. This will be one of the only chances Monster gets to meet that side of the family and 2 we will insure that Monster gets to meet his Grandpa. My complaints: The dang woman has known for months they wanted to do Christmas in Miami and has kept her mouth shut. Now it's September and I am going down to 1 job. We could have been saving for tickets now they are already over $300. We are not made of money and I am not driving 22 hours each way with an infant that will be right at a month old. Second: We have to get a hotel. Though the house is huge we have been picked to stay in a hotel so now we also have to come up with the money for the 5 nights we are going to be there.

Damn it I am so mad I let her manipulate us into this.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            My other MIL has been talking about coming up in December to meet the Monster. Well 2 days ago she asked KP for us to go to Miami for Christmas as her husband's dad is sick and they don't think he will make it another one. I am apprehensive but ok with going for 2 reasons. This will be one of the only chances Monster gets to meet that side of the family and 2 we will insure that Monster gets to meet his Grandpa. My complaints: The dang woman has known for months they wanted to do Christmas in Miami and has kept her mouth shut. Now it's September and I am going down to 1 job. We could have been saving for tickets now they are already over $300. We are not made of money and I am not driving 22 hours each way with an infant that will be right at a month old. Second: We have to get a hotel. Though the house is huge we have been picked to stay in a hotel so now we also have to come up with the money for the 5 nights we are going to be there.

Damn it I am so mad I let her manipulate us into this.
            PM me with the details. I'll see if I can find a better hotel rate for you (not super confident because it's the holiday season, but can't hurt to try).
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              PM me with the details. I'll see if I can find a better hotel rate for you (not super confident because it's the holiday season, but can't hurt to try).
              As soon as I get the exact dates we are going I definitely will. Thank you ma'am!

Comment

My 7 year old laptop's charger is failing. And don't even ask about the battery life. It's literally 38 minutes (I've never used the battery, it's always been plugged in) and it's never left my bedroom, which means it's still running wonderfully.

But I noticed either the power cord or the jack is failing. Like getting loose maybe from the numerous tugs I guess. So I'm problem shooting the cheapest way first: buying a new power cord. Seriously $30! I was going to go the cheap route, but the reviews had the charger EXPLODING! Eh, no spank you, cheapo battery cord. So I'm getting one and it's extra long. So hopefully that's it. I mean I wiggle the cord and it's good. But if I move about, then it goes into battery mode. I changed my settings to warn me when it gets to 98% battery. That way I know to wiggle the cord and not wait till it's like 'YOU GOT 3 MINUTES!

If not, then I know the jack can be fixed easily enough. Just not by me. Thankfully we have a computer repair place next door to work!

No fail. no fail, k?:=L:
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If you replace the power cord, be sure to fork out the extra bills for a cord from the "official" company. The cheap cords advertised are cords that failed testing at the manufacturer, were junk-sold to a Chinese company, than sold to ignorant buyers.

If a cheap cord actually works, you may get an entire week - if you are lucky.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    If you replace the power cord, be sure to fork out the extra bills for a cord from the "official" company. The cheap cords advertised are cords that failed testing at the manufacturer, were junk-sold to a Chinese company, than sold to ignorant buyers.

If a cheap cord actually works, you may get an entire week - if you are lucky.
                    Oh I did my research. The first one I saw was too good to be true..the one that blows up. So I went for a more expensive one $30, and good reviews. I ain't trying to blow my house up.

Comment

Im just plain grumpy today. My guys at work aren't using their brains, so we are having to scramble when we shouldn't be. Your allowed the occasional off day but when they keep piling stuff in and taking your boss away to other departments because your just "so good" you get those less and less.

Also if my mother doesn't stop mass sharing the stupidest crap on Facebook I'm going to unfriend her. We are up to 24 shares of proud to be a Texan or Republicans are better in like 20 mins. I know this cause my damn phone goes off every time she shares something.

Alright rant over. I'm gonna go find a chocolate bar that will make things better right?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        My 7 year old laptop's charger is failing. And don't even ask about the battery life. It's literally 38 minutes (I've never used the battery, it's always been plugged in) and it's never left my bedroom, which means it's still running wonderfully.

But I noticed either the power cord or the jack is failing. Like getting loose maybe from the numerous tugs I guess. So I'm problem shooting the cheapest way first: buying a new power cord. Seriously $30! I was going to go the cheap route, but the reviews had the charger EXPLODING! Eh, no spank you, cheapo battery cord. So I'm getting one and it's extra long. So hopefully that's it. I mean I wiggle the cord and it's good. But if I move about, then it goes into battery mode. I changed my settings to warn me when it gets to 98% battery. That way I know to wiggle the cord and not wait till it's like 'YOU GOT 3 MINUTES!

If not, then I know the jack can be fixed easily enough. Just not by me. Thankfully we have a computer repair place next door to work!

No fail. no fail, k?:=L:
                        That might actually be your computer (where it plugs in to the laptop) and not the cord. Soldering holds the place where the cord plugs into the laptop, and over time gives out, making the cord seem loose and prone to not being fully seated.

Depending on your computer, it may or may not be fixable (depends on what it was soldered to and how mug it would eff it up to fix it). With my lap top (which ha this problem), neither the computer/electronics guys I know, nor the two local shops will fix it (or as they say "kill it trying to fix it). We were basically told to get what we want to keep from it now while it works and use it til it does because of how it's manufactured, it's not fixable enough to be worth the money.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          That might actually be your computer (where it plugs in to the laptop) and not the cord. Soldering holds the place where the cord plugs into the laptop, and over time gives out, making the cord seem loose and prone to not being fully seated.

Depending on your computer, it may or may not be fixable (depends on what it was soldered to and how mug it would eff it up to fix it). With my lap top (which ha this problem), neither the computer/electronics guys I know, nor the two local shops will fix it (or as they say "kill it trying to fix it). We were basically told to get what we want to keep from it now while it works and use it til it does because of how it's manufactured, it's not fixable enough to be worth the money.
                          I'm not sure which it is. So I'm starting out by doing the cheap easy get a new cord route. Thankfully I have all my files on a flashdrive (I did this when I upgraded to win10). It seems to no work when I wiggle the plug. so let's hope it's that first before we give it a final burial.

Comment

For some reason, I have a bunch of jackass white supremacists spread through my classes this semester.

I have never seen anything like this before. Yes, I've had ignorant hillbillies who think they don't like Jews (because they have actually never met one), but not outright white supremacists.

Why is this? It is uber creepy. And we are reading Night, by Elie Wiesel...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

0 time for forum...sorry guys
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....allowed as the Duce would say...
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X