Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which came first, he Prophet or the Quran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which came first, he Prophet or the Quran?

This is interesting.

It seems that a manuscript copy of a part of the Quran has been discovered in England.If the carbon dating is correct, it appears that it was written either before the birth of Muhammad, or when he was very, very young.

Fragments Of Ancient Quran Could Be Older Than Muhammad
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Which came first, he Prophet or the Quran?

I assume that, as with most Arbahamic religions, it contains parts of older folklore and cultures that are long since lost.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Is this as controversial as I think it will be?

Comment

If you are Islamic the introductory question could be considered blasphemy and grounds for losing your life. The Qur'an has references to the Judaic writings but does not "copy" them. The book was written by Muhammad's brother as it was provided verbally by Muhammad. It is written as a book that replaces the "modified" version of what Christians call "The Old Testament". The entire book was given to Muhammad in "divine" inspirations but since he could not write his brother wrote each chapter as he told it. Muhammad could never read the divine gift that he provided.

Jews treat their holy books as instructions, history of their people and laws to live by to stay healthy. It has been rewritten three times with the last revision completed in 95CE. In modern times there are groups of elder teachers that interpret the books for modern living. The Christian Bible has been rewritten at least five times and only the Vulgate version used the earlier texts as reference. For those of you who do not know, the Vulgate version was written in Latin from the Greek and Aramaic sources. Books have been added and subtracted many times over the centuries. It is little wonder that Muslims think it has been corrupted.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
          If you are Islamic the introductory question could be considered blasphemy and grounds for losing your life.
          Fortunately, I'm an atheist and I don't give a shit.

-----

Sorry. I'm not on top of my game right now.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
          X