Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PF Recipe Share and Challenge

Apples and cumin--how did THAT turn out? :-p
    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I should have kept them because it probably wouldn't have been that bad, to be honest.

Comment

It intrigues me. Not enough to try it myself quite yet, lol, but all the same...

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Here's my recipe for Bruschetta (pronounced brus-KET-ta - runs all over me when wait staff say "brushetta."):

You'll need:

A loaf Italian or French bread (firm crust is better, but doesn't have to be)
          Extra virgin olive oil
          Dried basil
          Dried oregano
          A large clove of garlic (peeled)
          Diced or sliced tomatoes (your preference)
          cayenne pepper
          salt
          black pepper

Slice the bread to about 1" thickness and place under a broiler until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly so you don't burn your fingers in the next step.

Brush liberal amounts of olive oil on the UNtoasted side. I usually just put the olive oil in a bowl or shallow dish and dip the bread, letting the excess run off to a drip.

Place the bread back on the baking pan with the oiled side up. Sprinkle liberal amounts of basil and oregano over it (you'll lose some of it in the next steps) and place it back under the broiler until dark brown. Try not to burn it - you just need it toasted deeply to firm it up.

Remove from the broiler and let cool slightly again. Once you can handle it safely, take the peeled garlic and rub it into the oiled & seasoned side ensuring you coat it thoroughly. You'll lose the excess seasoning with this step.

Top the bread with your tomatoes and add salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne. Take a teaspoon and drip a little more olive oil over them and it's ready to serve.

Comment

Next time I go to the store I'll get some bread and give it a try. Though, I'll have to substitute the tomato for maybe some red or orange peppers. Tomatoes are disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              Tomatoes are disgusting
              How very dare you, sir

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                How very dare you, sir
                They're like big, red, soft apples of gross. I like sauce, salsa, ketchup, things like that that actually change and mask the taste of them, but on their own they are pretty vomit inducing.

Comment

Try growing your own. I suggest Roma tomatoes for Bruschetta. I find the tomatoes in stores to be pretty tasteless and soggy. Our home grown tomatoes are wonderful - so much so that I have to hide any that I want to have when my son comes over. He eats them whole, no he devours them whole. I can't argue with him they are wonderful.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X