A trial of a shorter working day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trial of a shorter working day...

Thought you might find this idea interesting.

A trial of shorter days for nurses at a Gothenburg care home is inspiring others across Scandinavia to cut back, but the cost of improving staff wellbeing is high
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Re: A trial of a shorter working day...

Heh. You're talking about shorter work days, while this week I'm working 11 hour days as well as Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      Heh. You're talking about shorter work days, while this week I'm working 11 hour days as well as Saturday and Sunday.
      I'm with you there only 12-14 hour days. Sadly If I were only being paid for six hours a day I'd be homeless.

I don't mind putting in the long hours, its only when the work seems meaningless, then its a burden.

Comment

I think shorter work days are needed and I fully support the return to the 35-hour work week (ie 8 hours a day with a one hour lunch break) that used to be fairly standard in continental Europe. In Germany at least, overtime is getting really rampant and employees are burning out. It doesn't really have any visible effect. They're in the office longer, but they're not getting any more done, and people are taking more sick days than they used to. Germany has unlimited paid sick days, so it's in everyone's best interest to keep employees sane and healthy.

Comment

Working...
        X