Bad people in the Duat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad people in the Duat

Someone posted a thread about it in KO which made me interested in this. So I decided to post about it here.
    It's widely known that "bad" people either attend Ausar's court and their heart is devoured by Ammut, or they don't attend the court and are stuck between heaven and earth. I forgot the name for such people.. Help me out here, guys!

But the real reason for posting this is a reply of one of the members in KO to the thread. Pay attention to the question above in the pic. Sorry for the size.
    ohohohohohiugi.jpg

So what do you think? I particularly like the lion headed fire breathing goddess wielding various weapons. Reminds me of Sekhmet a bit.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Bad people in the Duat

Hmmmm....... very interesting! I personally put my belief in Ammut devouring the hearts of the evil, however I have actually never heard of this version of punishment in the Duat. Thanks for sharing Gleb! x3
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

No problem. I myself was surprised when I read this.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I've never heard of that version either, but thanks for sharing Gleb. I've always heard about Ammut consuming the heart of an evil person as CJ said, but never that version.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I think I'll stick to the Ammut the Soul Devourer version. This one is a bit confusing.

Comment

I like the idea of Ammit eating the bau of transgressors. It seems like a more humane and rational approach to the problem of what to do with people who don't measure up to Ma'at's feather. I don't believe that there is anything a person can do in this finite existence to merit infinite punishment, and think that any god enforcing such a thing is the divine version of a psychopath.

That being said, I don't claim to know what happens after death. I figure it's one of three things:

1) There is some form of judgement, and where you go depends on how you live this life
            2) There is some form of reincarnation, and how you come back depends on how you live this life
            3) Nothing happens, in which case all you have is how you live this life

It all comes back to the same thing, so I'm more concerned about living this life to the best of my ability.
            With kind regards,
            Banu

Comment

Working...
            X