This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Patron Gods?

Is it possible for someone to have 2 Patron Gods? Perhaps this is a dumb question, but I'm particularly curious.

Re: Two Patron Gods?

Its possible and not unusual at all.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Agree with Thal. I myself have two: Rhiannon and Lugh.
      She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Same for me, Djehuty and Bast. It's totally okay. Perhaps even Loki in the future.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I think it's unusual to have two that hold the same sphere of influence. Sort of like saying Zeus and Thor as thunder and lightning gods for instance. Yet having two or more patrons who hold dominion over differing sphere's of influence is not that unusual from what i've seen.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Monsno, I think you should add Set to the list.
            Perhaps it depends on the attitude of the Zeus and Thor on lightning and how they use it.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

No problem, though some might work better together than others... I work mainly with Freyr, but there's also Odin and Loki.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I mainly work with Odin myself, but Loki has been running a VERY close second, and Freya has been making herself known a bit lately.

Comment

Ah, thanks for all the responses everyone!! I was just asking because, well, I have this feeling that I have two Patron Gods. I was meditating last night, and well, in that experience, I saw (and spoke with) Hermes and Apollo. Both of them told me that they were going to lead me in the right direction, so that led me to the question

Comment

Lucky you!
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I agree. It's possible to have two patron gods. Mine are Anubis and Bast and possibly Isis in the future (she came to me in a dream). There is no limit on the gods or goddesses we have as patrons. They come to us as they want to.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

You may have as many patrons as you wish as long as they are not the jealous sort.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

It is definitely possible. It even has a name: Polytheism.

...Bad joke, I know. But really it should not be a problem provided you honor and respect both of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X