Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quest for finding a place outside for rituals

Re: The quest for finding a place outside for rituals

Personally I wouldn't. It might be bad to have someone interrupt your ceremony by walking in but even worse i'd think to have someone interrupt it and get arrested at the same time. Just a suggestion but you might see if you can find out who owns the land on the other side of the fence and see if you can get permission to go over there. I've done that before where it was private property and spoke to the owner so I could go walking longs I promised not to destroy or leave trash on the property.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Personally I wouldn't. It might be bad to have someone interrupt your ceremony by walking in but even worse i'd think to have someone interrupt it and get arrested at the same time.
      Exactly, I wouldn't want that to happen. The dunes and forest aren't really owned by one person, it's managed by the Dutch forestry commission. So I guess I could try contacting them about the rules of going off-road or if it's really not allowed. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
        It's really annoying. Last time I tried doing a ritual on a mostly abandoned spot, and suddenly there were these two people who stopped and kept staring and whispering. As if that wasn't enough, they decided to walk right through my circle :=[:
        Out of curiosity, may I ask where exactly was your circle placed?

As for a private place with green, I can only suggest renting a private house in a rural area.

Comment

Ugh, nothings worst the being interrupted. Especially when the person whom encounters you doesn't approve of what your doing.

That being said it took me a while to figure out the right places and times. My unconventional work schedule allows for me to go places at times most people are working. Also take advantage of poor weather. A little rain never hurt anybody, but boy does it keep them inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Archifenix View Post
            Out of curiosity, may I ask where exactly was your circle placed?

As for a private place with green, I can only suggest renting a private house in a rural area.
            There is big oak tree right next to a lake and the branches of that tree form a circle by itself. It's absolutely beautiful! You also have to walk off-road and down-hill a little and dodge some branches and bushes. So I thought that even if it's not fenced people wouldn't really bother going there. But I was wrong. I think it's approximately 25 meters from the road. The circle isn't visible from the road though, you'd have to walk towards the tree to see it.
            I don't really mean private as in 'mine alone'. Just a public place where the chance of encountering people is the smallest is fine.

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
            Ugh, nothings worst the being interrupted. Especially when the person whom encounters you doesn't approve of what your doing.

That being said it took me a while to figure out the right places and times. My unconventional work schedule allows for me to go places at times most people are working. Also take advantage of poor weather. A little rain never hurt anybody, but boy does it keep them inside.
            I live in a town with a lot of Christian people. A lot of those people take strolls there with the entire family in the weekends and they've probably never seen a pagan in action let alone understand it XD But going there when everyone's working tends to help. I have that opportunity so I could try that. And I could maybe take an umbrella or a piece of rain-proof cloth with me to shelter from the rain Great tip, thanks!

Comment

Do you have a possibility to do the ritual early in the morning? (If you need an excuse you could always say you're going for a walk or something as people tend to get into all kinds of "life improvement projects" at this time of the year anyway.) Not many people, dog walkers and keen joggers aside, will get outdoors voluntarily if they still could sleep or check the social media.
              baah.

Comment

Do you have a possibility to do the ritual early in the morning? (If you need an excuse you could always say you're going for a walk or something as people tend to get into all kinds of "life improvement projects" at this time of the year anyway.) Not many people, dog walkers and keen joggers aside, will get outdoors voluntarily if they still could sleep or check the social media.
                I'm an early bird. I love sunrises. So I wouldn't mind going there as early as possible.
                So going there early in the morning on rainy days when everyone has to work might be the perfect solution
                Thank you!

Comment

There is big oak tree right next to a lake and the branches of that tree form a circle by itself. It's absolutely beautiful! You also have to walk off-road and down-hill a little and dodge some branches and bushes. So I thought that even if it's not fenced people wouldn't really bother going there. But I was wrong. I think it's approximately 25 meters from the road. The circle isn't visible from the road though, you'd have to walk towards the tree to see it.
                  I don't really mean private as in 'mine alone'. Just a public place where the chance of encountering people is the smallest is fine.

I live in a town with a lot of Christian people. A lot of those people take strolls there with the entire family in the weekends and they've probably never seen a pagan in action let alone understand it XD But going there when everyone's working tends to help. I have that opportunity so I could try that. And I could maybe take an umbrella or a piece of rain-proof cloth with me to shelter from the rain Great tip, thanks!
                  No problem. I know your pain. I live in a town where every year at Christmas the Christian Churches and an Athiest group go to war over the towns Keep Christ in Christmas banner. Unfortunately the Athiest use Paganism as a weapon and rent a billboard with the message "Keep Saturn in Saturnalia". I was caught mid ritual once since this all began and was made so uncomfortable that I left.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                    No problem. I know your pain. I live in a town where every year at Christmas the Christian Churches and an Athiest group go to war over the towns Keep Christ in Christmas banner. Unfortunately the Athiest use Paganism as a weapon and rent a billboard with the message "Keep Saturn in Saturnalia". I was caught mid ritual once since this all began and was made so uncomfortable that I left.
                    Wow, that's really... religiously fanatic of them. Exept abusing paganism for it, that's just so disrespectful.
                    I really miss my old spot. It was in a small forest. And I found this little open spot among trees far from the road and for some reason nobody ever came there. There was even a rabbit burrow and the rabbits sort of got used to me coming there. Sometimes they would come out and watch me while eating. So I was being spied on there, but in a way I didn't mind at all XD

Comment

I see. Well I can only say that it was very rude of them to go out of their way through your circle. There is a difference between being curious or suspicious and being a jerk.

Comment

What do you think I should do? Have any of you ever had trouble finding the right place outside for your rituals?
                        Your old spot sounds really nice! And so did that spot with the tree and the natural circle! It's too bad about the rude people there though...

That's so sad that you haven't been able to find a suitable replacement yet; I'm sure if you keep trying and experimenting with different locations and times you'll eventually find something that will work for you!

Myself, I love going outside for rituals, but I usually keep most of my rituals confined to internal visualization when I'm practicing in public places. I have a small portable altar that I take with me if I'm 99% sure I won't be interrupted, but those times are pretty rare nowadays (usually when I'm using the backyard and my sister isn't home!).

I take a blanket or towel (if I'm going to a beach) with me to sit or lay on and I just meditate and internally visualize my ritual. That way I can pick out the places that resonate with me best without worrying about any potential invaders Sometimes I'll just take a single ritual tool or powerful crystal with me that I can easily keep hidden in my hand.

I've found though since moving to my new place, I've been tending to mostly stay inside and use my bedroom for rituals. I rather like the thrum of residual magik that tends to cling to my room and the townhouse my sister and I live in feels more alive than most other places I've lived in since I started doing more magik indoors, which I rather like too.

Good luck on you search!!!
                        I'm sure you'll find something perfect if you keep looking

Comment

Working...
                        X