Making My Own Tarot Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making My Own Tarot Deck

I feel like that I wanted to make my own tarot deck. I wanted to make a dark elves tarot deck featuring dark elves.

Re: Making My Own Tarot Deck

If done well I can see that it would gain popularity. I say go for it!
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Thank you. I'm going to draw picture of the dark elves. Not those traditional pips form the Marsellies deck. No way.

Comment

Take your time and when you are pleased with the results I would like to buy a deck. I think my wife would love a deck like that.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

From experience-be warned, it is a royal pain and extremely soul draining.
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

I've been playing with the idea of painting my own deck as well since I'm so picky about the art quality and symbolism of the cards. What has stopped me is the very pressing reality of the project consisting of 78 different paintings o_o Like Yorin said: "soul draining."

If you think you can pull it off I say go for it. It would be really cool to see a deck like that since dark elves are bad ass

Comment

When I get a studio, I want to do a photography project of at the very least the major arcana.

Dark elves tarot would be a pretty interesting deck. =)
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I've always wanted to give making my own deck a try as well, but yeah, that's a lot of cards to create!

I had an art project in high school to just re-envision four cards from a normal playing card deck... just doing those four was a big enough project for me!

I'd be interested to see what you come up with! It sounds neat

Comment

Anyway. My drawing is kind of average. So I knew to work on my artwork a bit.

Comment

Great news. Starting next month I'm going to draw The Drow Tarot Deck. I'm still at the early planning stage. In this deck it's going to be 80 instead of the 78 traiditional cards. The two extra cards is the Magician of Light and the Magician of Darkness. The court cards will have their own title, Wands-Fighters, Cups-Clerics, Swords-Rogues and Pentacles-Wizards. First I'm going to draw the Major Arcana which include the two extra cards. Then I going to draw the Minor Arcana which is based on the Rider-Waite Smith tradition. This will be the best tarot deck that's known to man or at least drow.

Comment

Hey everybody this Thursday I'm going to create the Drow Tarot. I'm going to start drawing the Major Arcana and then the Minor Arcana. After when I'm done drawing all 80 artwork I'm going to post it here so that everybody can see my hard work.

Comment

Working...
                      X