Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Malevolent Entities

Hi everyone,

I've been feeling slightly uneasy these past few days in the office. I initially thought it was just me being tired over work. But my coworkers felt it too. They feel like being watched all the time, as if someone is hiding in a corner and ready to spring onto them any minute. If it was just me, I couldn't care less. But my mates at work were pretty jumpy today, so clearly I'm not the only one who felt it.

My gut feelings sense something malevolent and definetely a female. I could go to details and describe what I sense it is, but I won't bore you with the creepypasta. Anyway, should I simply banish the damn thing or is there other recourse that you'd recommend?

Re: Dealing with Malevolent Entities

Banishment is always (or should be, in my opinion) the last choice.
    It would be better to remind the entity that it has no power in the physical plain and that it would be more comfortable at home.
    Our human ethics don't apply to spiritual beings. We can force their compliance on the physical plain but it is foreign to them.
    Just as ethics don't apply in the "natural" world, spirits are just being who and what they naturally are.
    Shielding your co-workers might be a consideration but what if one of them has invited this being - with or without their conscious knowledge?
    Binding a spiritual energy admits (and condones) its power. That would be a step to be avoided as well.
    I have found it is better to speak to the spirit and remind it of its proper place.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'm with DF a bit on this one. Strange spirits, or entities, whichever you prefer often make people uneasy. I'd recommend to trying to not be on pins and needles around it. Chances are that it is there for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Niall_Leppu View Post
        Hi everyone,

I've been feeling slightly uneasy these past few days in the office. I initially thought it was just me being tired over work. But my coworkers felt it too. They feel like being watched all the time, as if someone is hiding in a corner and ready to spring onto them any minute. If it was just me, I couldn't care less. But my mates at work were pretty jumpy today, so clearly I'm not the only one who felt it.

My gut feelings sense something malevolent and definetely a female. I could go to details and describe what I sense it is, but I won't bore you with the creepypasta. Anyway, should I simply banish the damn thing or is there other recourse that you'd recommend?
        I'm not generally an advocate of people attempted banishings unless a) they know what they're doing and have the appropriate skills and b) they know that this is indeed a malevolent spirit (it often isn't) and that banishing is warranted (which requires some time and investigation).

The problem with this situation being at your workplace is that you are not the only person involved here. IF it's an actual malevolent spirit (as opposed to someone's astral nasty, a thoughtform directed at the workplace by a disgruntled customer or a group egregore that's been formed by everyone's stress and malcontent) it's very rare that they just get up one morning and decide to haunt a particular building for no particular reason. Generally malevolent spirits are attached to one person, or one building. Without knowing it's 'target' (for lack of a better term) it will be difficult to get rid of it.

The other issue is that sometimes spirits are actually not malevolent, but they give people the heeby jeebies anyway. There are plenty of completely neutral and sometimes benevolent spirits who are interpreted as 'malevolent' simply because they make people uneasy. This is why there's a list of 'symptoms' to cross check before decided whether an entity is a) an actual entity and b) malevolent.

Without knowing all the details of your situation, I'd be inclined to go with a shielding and warding system. It's hard to know whether to do this for your coworkers as well, because they may not appreciate it, you may end up slapping a bandaid on crap they need to work through, or you may attract the attention of the entity (if it is one). It's probably fine to ward the workplace, but I'd hesitate to shield specific people.

The other thing you can do is look at the moral of the workplace and actively work on increasing it. This is hard if you aren't the supervisor/manager/boss, but things like plants, sunlight, fresh air, music, laughter, friendly banter, a surprise morning tea cake, communal pizza lunch... anything that lightens the mood and makes everyone feel happier and closer as a unit will help with any underlying energy issues the group has. It can also help to pinpoint if there's a specific person who is the source of the unwanted energy... they will be hard to cheer up and will possibly resent attempts to lighten the energy of the room. If that's the case you probably don't have an entity, you have a killjoy who is projecting their energy to everyone else, or who has an astral nasty who sucks the joy from the room.

Comment

^what she said.

And bagpipes! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
          baah.

Comment

Well stated Rae'ya.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Remember - just because something makes you feel uneasy does not mean it's malevolent.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I've performed banishing successfully in a number of occasions. I don't tend to blatantly banish something just because it's there. Only as a last resort if all else fails and the seeming disturbance continues in bad ways.

Anyway, whatever it was, it's gone now. The office got a bit chaotic, which was very unusual, these past few days I decided to do something about it. I bought some sweets and mead, went to a remote place and offer them to this entity, thanking it for its presence and that I acknowledged it as a sentient being.
                I gave it a doll with small bells and hung it on a tree far away from the office. Then I wen't back to the office, burn a bowl of salt, performed a small blot to Thorr then took the guys out for a drink. Now it's as if nothing ever happened; the whingeing, complaints, jumpiness and general atmosphere changed drastically.

Comment

Sounds like something you might do as a sorta routine for the office in general ... Once in a while just spread a bit of goodness around ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Random acts of kindness and spontaneous acts of love?
                    I remember that that is close to a quote but I can't remember where I read it. I might not have it exactly right but it does get the point across.

Comment

"Spontaneous acts of love" in the office... sounds a bit questionable.
                      baah.

Comment

Don't confuse love with sex Nare. Love is me reminding you that love is sometimes just a recognition that another has importance and value.

Comment

Honestly I think it was some astral nasty or certain entity that latched onto one of my co-workers. They might've experienced something bad or depressing and attracted this being. Methinks it's a bit more like random acts of recognition and thankfulness that solved the problem

Comment

I support Rae'ya's and Tylluan's opinions here.

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                            Sounds like something you might do as a sorta routine for the office in general ... Once in a while just spread a bit of goodness around ...
                            Sounds like a good idea. I like it.
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                            X