Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortal

How can a person have the power to become immortal? You know, you can't die from old age and live forever.

Re: Immortal

Why would anybody want to?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sooner or later, you realize immortality is rather a curse than a blessing.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

After out living those you care about it would seem that living would lose its glamor. I plan on living until I get tired of it.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Time travel yes, immortality no. I couldn't stand to loose the ones I love new or old over and over again. There is a reason our years are fleeting, I'd like to think it is to show us that a short time is all you need in this sort of existence to make this life infinitely more precious and worth living if you are wise enough to realize that fact before you move on from this world.

Comment

Hang around with Vampires and get one of them fellas to bite you... TA DAAHHH you're immortal now.

Otherwise, focus on the spiritual and good deeds to achieve moksha

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              How can a person have the power to become immortal? You know, you can't die from old age and live forever.
              Do something amazing, that future generations will tell stories and sing songs about you. That way, you will never truly die as long as there is someone who remembers you.

Comment

Make a deal with Rasputin.
                You don't really want to do it.
                baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra View Post
                  Time travel yes, immortality no.
                  Funny thing is that science-wise your yes/no order is inverted (for one, time is an abstraction, for another, immortality merely requires avoiding biological death which is far easier to achieve in comparison).

That said, I feel that people fear immortality too much. If we are at a point that immortality can be achieved then surely it must be available for others as well - your friends, your family, your pet mayhaps. Immortal people would also have a different perspective on the world and life than we do which I think would be interesting to hear about.

Comment

By transplanting one's consciousness into an android.

Its not been invented yet, but I'm sure it will happen one day.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Reminds me of this. "When your heart stops beating, you'll keep tweeting!"
                      baah.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Amateur hour immortality. If we're gonna do consciousness uploads, lets go all the way. Upload your consciousness to a swarm of geographically separated, networked systems with access to whatever form of world wide web exists. That way wiping you out involves scouring out the swarm and purging the internet. Wait this might be part of a plan for world conquest/ becoming the god of cyberspace.....

Never mind, carry on.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I want my soul put in a jar, and sealed in a water bath.

Which reminds me... the grapes are ripe for pickin' & jammin'.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I shell depart and become a part of the universal all,and thus continue forever in some form....
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If one can become physically immortal I would recommend not doing so. Humans were never meant to be such. Death exists for a reason. I'm satisfied with my immortal soul which shall join the others in paradise and knowing that my body is already in a sense immortal, for it shall rejoin the earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X