This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a severe ear infection

I just went to the emergency room yesterday and have been taking pills and ear drops I just would like some prayers to help me heal faster it's swollen and hurts so bad I cant sleep at night please help.

Re: I have a severe ear infection

Oh dear lord. Do I know the pain of this. I ruptured my ear drum years ago. Most painful thing ever. I wish you a swift recovery. Usually with antibiotics, they take maybe two days and you will be feeling much better.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Ear infections are horrible. It really does make a huge difference when the antibiotics kick in. In the mean time I'm wishing you strength to cope with the pain.

Comment

I will send prayer for fast healing for you.

Comment

Holding a sockful of warm salt against the ear gives a bit of pain relief too (no, I kid you not.) But make sure you take ALL your antibiotics as prescribed.
          Hope it clears soon. XX
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            Holding a sockful of warm salt against the ear gives a bit of pain relief too (no, I kid you not.) But make sure you take ALL your antibiotics as prescribed.
            Hope it clears soon. XX
            ...or a sock full of warm (uncooked) rice; microwave for thirty seconds, if not warm enough, add thirty more. A few drops of garlic juice or onion juice in your ear will help relieve the pain, too.

And taking ALL of your antibiotic prescription cannot be stressed enough.
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

My son gets ear infections 2-3 times a year, when he was littler, it was more frequent and he had to get tubes. I have to third the "take all your antibiotics as prescribed", although if the drops are for pain relief (rather than another antibiotic, which it might be depending on what kind of ear infection you have), they are usually less than helpful, especially if you have blistering in your ear canal. The only thing that eases that pain is time.

Good luck!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

It might help you to endure the pain if you realize that the pain directs the healing. If you didn't feel it you wouldn't heal.
                The antibiotics are a real help for your healing process but they can also kill some or all of the bodies biotics so be sure to eat foods with biotics to aid digestion.

I will send help for rapid healing.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                  It might help you to endure the pain if you realize that the pain directs the healing. If you didn't feel it you wouldn't heal.
                  I'm relatively certain that pain just tells you you have a problem... People on morphine still heal...

For pain relief - turn a blow dryer to low, and blow hot air into your ear.

Best wishes - I hate earaches.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know it hurts so bad and im on antibiotics I hope it kicks in soon.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

thank you its not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

its so painful thank you I hope so too and ill do that.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you i'll try that too I have 10 days of antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      My son gets ear infections 2-3 times a year, when he was littler, it was more frequent and he had to get tubes. I have to third the "take all your antibiotics as prescribed", although if the drops are for pain relief (rather than another antibiotic, which it might be depending on what kind of ear infection you have), they are usually less than helpful, especially if you have blistering in your ear canal. The only thing that eases that pain is time.

Good luck!
                      Is he allergic to Penicillin? When I was a baby I had a bad earache and was given Penicillin. Come to find I became severely allergic. Apparently it's the speed of the medication that caused this (I have a quarter size perfect brown circle on my thigh at the injection site now). I heard a lot of people who are allergic to Penicillin are so because of them being exposed to it as a child (usually because of ear infection)
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

that sucks big time to have to deal with these 2 3 times a year and its pretty bad I have swelling.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand but the pain is so bad I can barly walk sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

iv'e been drinking warm tea since yesterday that's been helping to sooth it too cause its all the way down my cheek.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you everyone for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by wiccanwolfchild View Post
                          that sucks big time to have to deal with these 2 3 times a year and its pretty bad I have swelling.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand but the pain is so bad I can barly walk sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

iv'e been drinking warm tea since yesterday that's been helping to sooth it too cause its all the way down my cheek.
                          Since I'm pretty sure you're trying to reply to specific people, "Reply with Quote" quotes the individual so we know who you're answering.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Since I'm pretty sure you're trying to reply to specific people, "Reply with Quote" quotes the individual so we know who you're answering.

Okay i'll do that from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Is he allergic to Penicillin? When I was a baby I had a bad earache and was given Penicillin. Come to find I became severely allergic. Apparently it's the speed of the medication that caused this (I have a quarter size perfect brown circle on my thigh at the injection site now). I heard a lot of people who are allergic to Penicillin are so because of them being exposed to it as a child (usually because of ear infection)

He's not allergic, thankfully. He's only had to have oral antibiotics too...Phee had to have the shot though, she had strep that was resistant to two courses of antibiotics.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X