This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have a severe ear infection

If I start getting a bad feeling in my ear, I put a little olive oil on a q-tip and gently rub it in there. Seems to help. Also you can take a clove of garlic, score one end a little so the juice can escape, and just hold that in there for a few minutes. But if it's already full blown and painful I'd go to a Dr.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hawkfeathers ive been to a dr twice I have antibiotics and eardrops

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        If I start getting a bad feeling in my ear, I put a little olive oil on a q-tip and gently rub it in there. Seems to help. Also you can take a clove of garlic, score one end a little so the juice can escape, and just hold that in there for a few minutes.
        Calendula, Mullein, and garlic infused in olive oil works really well...but only with an unperforated ear drum.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          If I start getting a bad feeling in my ear, I put a little olive oil on a q-tip and gently rub it in there. Seems to help. Also you can take a clove of garlic, score one end a little so the juice can escape, and just hold that in there for a few minutes. But if it's already full blown and painful I'd go to a Dr.
          I woke early today (well, yesterday now, but you know what I mean), because my earplug had irritated my left ear so much it was burning. I was lying there wondering if my magic olive oil would work on my ears too, saying as it's a cure for just about everything it seems. Then I started browsing PF and read this post.. what a funny old world it is!

It did ease the burning, but I won't put the earplug back in for a few days. In my case it's chafed skin rather than an ear infection though.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm feeling better thanks for all your help and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Is he allergic to Penicillin? When I was a baby I had a bad earache and was given Penicillin. Come to find I became severely allergic. Apparently it's the speed of the medication that caused this (I have a quarter size perfect brown circle on my thigh at the injection site now). I heard a lot of people who are allergic to Penicillin are so because of them being exposed to it as a child (usually because of ear infection)
              I'm diagnosed as hyper allergic to penicillin near as I recall now. Got a shot in my youth, stopped breathing, turned blue and died for a bit. My parents say the only thing that saved me was an old country doctor was in the hospital visiting and happened to witness part of it. I suppose there was a counter agent used at one time to stop the affect and I was injected with that is what my mother told me. That would have been around 1960 as it occurred about the same time my sister died so parents really freaked out about loosing both of us.

Biologically wise I've been told over and over that at that time they had basically what was called dirty penicillin. Still penicillin but the creation process was not always sanitary so other things could also be in the mix. But because of the severe reaction the doctors won't even try it to see if it was that particular batch or if I am still hyper allergic to it. Myself I'd prefer them not to try as if it did happen again might not be as lucky a second time.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

They used to administer epinephrine and something else. Both were antihistamine drugs and stimulants. Then you were put on oxygen to ease the breathing issue. and placed on a watch so more could be administered as needed.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                  They used to administer epinephrine and something else. Both were antihistamine drugs and stimulants. Then you were put on oxygen to ease the breathing issue. and placed on a watch so more could be administered as needed.
                  That could be what it was. Was to young to know myself and my parents don't talk about it to much. To be truthful not sure they recall themselves now exactly what was done as it was long ago and about the same time my sister died shortly after her birth.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    Its pretty much still the protocol for anaphylactic shock--epinephrine, antihistamines, and steroids.

Ironically (as someone with severe allergies and asthma), I'm allergic to prednisone (the most common steriod used for just about everything). It actually gives me a rash that looks startlingly like secondary syphilis (like someone dipped an eraser on a pencil in pink ink and stamped me with it on my palms and soles and spreading up my arms and legs).
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah my mom said my throat swelled up and I turned orange like a pumpkin. So I just steer clear of it. Though I think she was allergic as well. Can that be passed on?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Might be Duce...lots of stuff is genetic...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah my mom said my throat swelled up and I turned orange like a pumpkin. So I just steer clear of it. Though I think she was allergic as well. Can that be passed on?
                          Honestly never heard of it even being suggested as being hereditary in any form. I know in my family my aunt is also allergic to it but no one else that I am aware of.

Comment

Allergies can be genetic...its a matter of predisposition (followed by the "right" (wrong?) environmental cues), sort of like addiction, rather than straight inheritance. It also seems to possibly be sex-linked.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking Thal could shed some light on the matter,She of the scientific bent...
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X