Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouija Board to Contact Deities

Ouija Board to Contact Deities

This thread is more out of curiosity than anything else. Have any of you ever tried to use a Ouija board to contact any gods? If so, did it work, and how did the deity react?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Ouija Board to Contact Deities

Well might as well roll your dice in Monopoly to get an answer. Both board games are made by Hasbro toy company. That should answer your question.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Jan 2014
    Pronouns
    Female
    Religion
    Solitary Witch

I had one of those when I was a kid; the only time my siblings and I managed to make it work was when one of us cheated

I think my magic eight ball worked a lot better!

Oct 2011
    Pronouns
    MTF
    Religion
    Agnostic Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well might as well roll your dice in Monopoly to get an answer. Both board games are made by Hasbro toy company.
    To be fair, you could say much the same of tarot cards. Also, rolling dice IS a legit form of divination. They're ritual tools not arcane artefacts.

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well might as well roll your dice in Monopoly to get an answer. Both board games are made by Hasbro toy company. That should answer your question.

And before Hasbro made oujia boards, they were a Victorian thing...
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

The problem isn't that it's a board game. The problem is that Hasbro is a front organization for a particularly unpleasant Hell and you probably don't want to talk to the beings attuned to boards that Hasbro constructed....

What? Try getting Hasbro games into a small game shop at a reasonable price.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Sep 2015
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Pagan, Heathen, Animist
    Phrase
    Others ask why? I say 'Why Not?'

Not sure about deities, they're not typically willing to be summoned by such method, but hey... I might be wrong.
    I tried a kind of Ouija Board once, but not with the traditional layout. The result was disastrous, I felt like I was hated by people around me and I got in trouble every single day for a full week. Not sure what I did when I used the board or what entity answered my summon. It might've even been some astral nasties I created through my own fear. In any case, I destroyed the board; burnt the thing to ashes, mixed the ash with salt and buried it.
    Be wary of using any kind of medium to contact a deity or anything else for that matter. Dealing with mistaken identities can be a hairy business.
    Here is a picture of the board.
    199437_10150114896432605_2863952_n.jpg

Oct 2004
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    olde pharte

Ouija bad juju ...

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Arratu - based on Sumer 4500 to 1800BCE

Magus,
    You should know better!
    That Ouija board is just a tool. Unfortunately people who are neither trained in the manipulation of energy nor in the safeguards of dealing with unknown entities are the ones who use it.
    Kind of like handing a loaded gun to a five year old without instructions.

Sep 2015
    Pronouns
    Male
    Religion
    Folk Judeo-Christianity

I never thought of using our Ouija board to contact my Deities, but that's worth a try, I reckon. I use obsidian ball, skrying card, tarot and word-dices to connect with Them. I use those mediumship/divinatory tools to tap into my inner core and share my deepest concerns, fears and gratitude and listen to Their response.

I'm aware that Ouija can cause harm if not use properly but I believe all tools are dangerous, if one doesn't have any experience and knowledge how to use them. I would really like to try using Ouija (of course, I would do some grounding, centering and protection first before performing this task) and see if I feel more connected to my Deific Daemons afterwards.
    Last edited by Seraphin Murmur; 27 Sep 2015 at 04:45.