Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My, how things have changed for gay people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My, how things have changed for gay people...

Once upon a time, a teacher could easily be fired if it were found out he/she was gay.

Today, I got his in the school email:

Take heart, friends. Sometimes it may not seem like it, but things are getting better.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: My, how things have changed for gay people...

I would imagine in Colorado,a sale in the paper with discount prices for weed..Yes,times they do indeed change.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I would imagine in Colorado,a sale in the paper with discount prices for weed..Yes,times they do indeed change.
      The Detroit papers carry adds for dispensaries, and they (dispensaries) have Dr.s on call to issue cards for $85.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        You would imagine correctly :b I just moved from Colorado to Washington and the dispensaries always have their ads in the paper in both states.

@OP: That's awesome! More progressive blows to the quagmire of unjustified hate and ignorance, please!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Take heart, friends. Sometimes it may not seem like it, but things are getting better.
          This makes me smile, thanks for sharing.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Coming from growing up in the middle of the cold war. And an era of major social repression,things these days almost seem as though high on some form of plant matter one might eat or even smoke....
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I said it all along, but legalizing gay marriage is a huge step in creating equal rights for gay people. It happened a decade ago in Canada, too. Once marriage was legalized, suddenly all of the other discriminations that they faced became an issue, too. Homophobia still exists in Canada, but a decade on, it's wayyyyyy better than it was. My redneck hometown of 35,000 even has an open LGBT scene. I think it all started with legalizing gay marriage in 2005. When I was in school, no one was out. Now, lots of teens are out.

Comment

Heartening isn't it? :bounce:

Comment

The arc of history bends slowly, but it bends towards justice...
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I said it all along, but legalizing gay marriage is a huge step in creating equal rights for gay people. It happened a decade ago in Canada, too. Once marriage was legalized, suddenly all of the other discriminations that they faced became an issue, too. Homophobia still exists in Canada, but a decade on, it's wayyyyyy better than it was. My redneck hometown of 35,000 even has an open LGBT scene. I think it all started with legalizing gay marriage in 2005. When I was in school, no one was out. Now, lots of teens are out.

lolololol the Victoria I know, I would NEVER consider to be redneck. Also, as someone who has spent the last five years living in 20,000 people or MUCH less, the population seems quite large to me...

Mostly art.

Comment

My local population in the winter is about 4,000 ... 2 guys on city council are married ... To each other ... Ex fire chief in next town of 2,000 (he was chief for quite a few years and also mayor) is gay ... But 40 years ago when I first moved here a gay was found floating at the boat docks ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I live in the far outskirts of the Chicago suburbs. Chicago has a large gay/lesbian population and it's amazing, the city has always been very accepting and for locals there is a section of the city that is called "Boys Town". It used to be a derogatory term for it but now it's not. Even in the suburbs being gay is not looked upon as it once was. It's great the people have finally learned at least to some extent to be more accepting and even welcoming of peoples lifestyles.

Comment

It is astounding how much has changed, even in my short lifetime. There's always more to be done, but the progress made is fantastic.

Comment

Gay lives matter too!
                            I have no strength to say someone else is right or wrong but I do believe in love. I have friends and family that are in the GLBT group of humans and most I like. Some I have met are not nice people but like every group there are far more good than bad.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Ahh Corbin I got all kinds of teary eyed when I read that. Its beautiful.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                              X