Your Favorite Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Sports

What's your favorite sports? My favorite sport is basketball.

Re: Your Favorite Sports

Mine too. In general, I'm neutral.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      Mine too. In general, I'm neutral.
      What do you mean your neutral. I don't understand it.

Comment

I really do not have one anymore. In my youth I tended to play football, baseball and track & field as a long distance runner. While I only did it for one year I did enjoy wrestling but once I moved to a new school it was no longer offered.

Today I enjoy going to a baseball game but can't stand to watch it on TV. Football games on TV, whether professional of college, tend to bore me to no end. I suppose it's because many times I see things more to chance than actual athletic ability of the players.

Basketball simply never interested me so never developed an interest in it.

I think part of it though is how one defines Sports. Consider dance was a sport for many years and in many Irish areas and some Scottish areas. I suppose that's why I occasionally watch the highland games when I can.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

At least in this country,sports has become more about Money than actual competition between teams. One reason I am surprised about the concern with enhancement drugs. It has been a very long time since any sport was free of the control of big money.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            What do you mean your neutral. I don't understand it.
            I mean that in general I don't have anything specific in mind. I like being in shape. That's all. How I reach my goal, doesn't matter, as long as I enjoy it.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Hurling, Rugby and Hockey

Comment

I don't partake in any sports activities, but I find baseball to be the least boring to watch on TV and actually enjoy going to live games (I've been to a few baseball and american football games and had a good time)
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Thoroughbred racing.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I like sports that allow me to be closer to nature. I fly fish and like hiking and in my younger years spent a lot of time back-packing into the wilderness areas of the Cascades and the Olympic forests. I like taking my canoe out in the small lakes just to enjoy the water scenery and quiet.The connection to the natural world quiets my spirit.
                    I also enjoy the shooting sports. Shooting my pistol out to 100 yards and my rifles out to 600 yards is challenging for me physically but I still enjoy it. I shoot in a few competitions but I am not competing with anyone but me. That is not to say I am not good at it, in silhouette I am the #2 shooter and I am getting better.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

That I play/do:
                      - soccer (recreationally)
                      - cross country ski (recreationally)
                      - competitive archery
                      - competitve road cycling

That I'll watch:
                      - hockey
                      - rugby
                      - premiership football (soccer)

Mostly art.

Comment

Archery is a great sport! I haven't picked up my bow in 12 years. When my back gets a bit stronger I may use it th build the muscles again.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

I'm not really into sports all that much, but there are a few that I enjoy. I like watching soccer and hockey, though find hockey boring unless I'm there in person. I just don't like watching it on TV. As for playing, I've played baseball, soccer, did some archery, and also fencing.

Comment

Munin-Hugin,
                            That is a great combination! Archery and fencing seem to be a great mix in polarities. They are certainly complements. I tried to learn sword work (a big difference from fencing) but I was not interested enough to put myself into the sport. I tend to be pragmatic. It is easier and faster to use my body or a gun to stop a threat. It is illegal to carry a sword in public here. It is considered a "dangerous weapon" while anyone can walk the street with a gun strapped to their hip.

Comment

Kick boxing (for defense), and WMA (Western Martial Arts - swords, pole arms, quarter staff, archery, shooting, ringen) for kicks.

And, lately, kayakin' up & down the river...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X