Altar Bowls and Chalices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altar Bowls and Chalices

So, sitting here in my studio I have a dozen or so each of both chalices and altar bowls and I honesty have no idea what to put on them. I'm reopening my studio here in a few days and I'd like to havec at least a few of them up for sale in it.

What kinds of things would everyone like to see on a personalized one of their own?

**mods feel free to move this if it needs to go into someplace else
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Re: Altar Bowls and Chalices

I've always really liked the Fool tarot card and I've wanted to include images of it on my altar for a while now. I'm also partial to the triple moon symbol, compass rose (obviously from my user name ), owls, pentacle (goody but oldie; I especially like when it isn't obviously a pentacle, but a hidden surprise ), and maybe all of the runes around the rim... Just some random ideas...

I'd love to see pictures of whatever you end up doing!!!

Comment

OOOhh, I really like your owl idea and the runes. I might do that one next. I did however take your compass rose idea and set up a glass for it. It's not engraved yet, buuuutt........

sigpic

Comment

Wow!!!!
        That's so beautiful!!!!
        I'm super impressed, especially with how fast you must have designed that

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
          So, sitting here in my studio I have a dozen or so each of both chalices and altar bowls and I honesty have no idea what to put on them. I'm reopening my studio here in a few days and I'd like to havec at least a few of them up for sale in it.

What kinds of things would everyone like to see on a personalized one of their own?

**mods feel free to move this if it needs to go into someplace else
          Heads up...

If this is a general discussion on personal preferences for altar tool decoration then it can stay here. If it's about getting design ideas then I'm okay with it staying here for the extra traffic even though it's not technically the place for it.

However, if it turns into a 'Plug my artwork' or 'Gallery of Yorin's work' thread then I'll be moving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            Heads up...

If this is a general discussion on personal preferences for altar tool decoration then it can stay here. If it's about getting design ideas then I'm okay with it staying here for the extra traffic even though it's not technically the place for it.

However, if it turns into a 'Plug my artwork' or 'Gallery of Yorin's work' thread then I'll be moving it.
            Mostly that second one, though I figured it would eventually branch off into the first one. I was only gunna post a few pics here and there if I'd gotten specific ideas for something special-like the compass thing
            sigpic

Comment

What was put on my first chalice was defined by the tradition. It had the name of the west guardian, the archangel, the appropriate sigil and my magikal name. Not much help there but in Arratu the practitioner is free to use any symbolism they deep appropriate. It is the womb of life, and the triple moon )0( would seem most appropriate but so would a picture of a goddess statue.
              If you like you can use this phrase: "May you ever thirst" and then on the opposite side: "may your thirst be quenched at the altar of the Goddess" or arrange it to fit the best. It is a phrase used by our tradition and I guess as the one who wrote it I can give it out as I please. so, it has not yet ever been published and I as the copyright holder place it in the public domain. There is no need to quote me as the author. I think the Goddess would be happy with it.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Maybe you could post pictures of the rest in a portfolio thread? I'd love to see more

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                  Maybe you could post pictures of the rest in a portfolio thread? I'd love to see more
                  I'll be posting them in my storenvy shop as I get them done, so you can always check there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X