Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween

Halloween is coming next month. Do you celebrate Halloween by any chance? If so, are you ready?

Re: Halloween

I usually had to work in the past. I'll probably take the kiddos trick or treating. I personally like to be the one handing out the candy and seeing all the costumes, but it's fun going out too.
    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

The school has a big Halloween parade. We do trick or treat. Then I do a ritual and dumb supper. I try to get some divination in too.

Comment

Indonesia in general doesn't really celebrate Halloween. But a traditional pagan cult I belong to celebrates The Day of The Dead on the 2nd of November. It's a big thing; lots of animal slaughters to offer blood to the local wights and also plenty of food for family feasts. After dark, we'd go to the graves of dead relatives and later, set out food and drinks for the deceased forebears in a separate room and left them uneaten till morning. Candles would be everywhere too, from cemeteries to sacred spots/objects and people's homes. Some of the more spiritually inclined people would perform certain rituals and spend the night meditating in sacred places like caves, near some rocks or under great trees in the jungle. The Elders usually hands out holy medicines to their clan members after some thanks giving ceremony too.
        That's how we celebrate Halloween in this part of the world

Comment

Hit the Dollar Store today ... Got a few decorations ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
            Hit the Dollar Store today ... Got a few decorations ...
            They have the coolest stuff.

Comment

I have a tradition of going back to the old neighborhood I grew up in (if I'm living close enough to make travel feasible) and haunting a local haunted house with one my best friends.

We've been doing it since we were kids as both of us got to tall too fast and had to stop trick-or-treating at a younger age then most kids do. It's a lot of fun and the guy who runs it always has a lot of treats to give us afterwards too

Bellow is this years mask; we've found that it's better to pick masks that aren't too gruesome as a lot of younger kids will cry. Just standing very still so people think you're a statue then moving makes them jump, even with using tamer masks

I thought this this one was pretty and $8 was a nice price; got it at Walmart.

Comment

^That's a nice mask!

Halloween is mostly a commercial holiday here, there are some school events or private parties but no traditions (we have a tradition of going to the graves but it's not exactly on the same date if I remember correctly) like trick-or-treating or anything like that. So, no celebrations, Pagan or not, for me. I might take a walk in the dark though.
                baah.

Comment

We have 'allehelgens aften' which is a day to remember the dead... I honestly don't remember when it is, it's not a big deal. The shops are embracing halloween as a chance to sell stuff (surprise), but we have no actual traditions. Personally I like dressing up, so I'm always hoping someone will throw a dress up party. I tried carving pumpkins last year, I suck at that.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

In Arratu we celebrate "Ancestor's Eve". It is a time of joyful communion with those who have passed. I never really understood my dad until I invited him to join with me on Ancestors Eve. I found that my 8 year old niece who died of leukemia was a huge, very strong, spirit who came to help my oldest sister learn a lesson in love. I always have a great time "seeing" them and knowing that they are perfect in every way. I have always enjoyed that ceremony regardless of the name given it.

Halloween has otherwise never been a big deal for me.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Samhain, is what I celebrate. Being in Texas there are lots who love Halloween but we also have a very large Hispanic population, so in addition to Halloween we also celebrate Dias de los Muertos, or day of the dead.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Saw in some program on TV that Halloween is now the most money spent on,even above Christmas. Mainly because these holidays are really not about religious or culture,but just for fun,and encouraging spending a lot of money,even Thanksgiving is not what it was when it started.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I celebrate Halloween and Samhain. We don't get much trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood for some reason, but I buy a few bags in case. I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday, while Samhain is my favorite Sabbat. I used to carve pumpkins, but with my nephew, i'm just too tired now. I'm going to look at getting some decorations at Michael's later this month.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Voice to text:
                            So we need to discuss and try to post a picture but the last time I did Mckindles coming up in the butt about it cost Collins customers mostly done but we haven't started on Scotsman
                            Translation:
                            I tried to post a pic of Sophie's costume, but my kindle wouldn't cooperate. Her costume is done, Collin's is almost done. Haven started on mine of hubby's yet.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151002_140110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	353056Chickadee's evil princess costume...all that's left is a tiara

The pic is pretty terrible, and the skirt is a bit scrunched up (it's basically 12 yards of assorted tulle ribbon with a black velvet dress) because the cats loooooooove to play in it.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X