Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

I have always loved any excuse to put together a costume, and Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. My friend and I are going as Freddy Kreuger and Jason Voorhees respectively. She's got her whole outfit put together, and I spent the day getting some bits for me. All I have left is the hockey mask and some black leather gauntlet gloves. After that, I have to start using tea and a seam ripper to distress the clothing to an appropriate degree. Make-up will also be used in pretty obscene quantities for the both of us.

I used to go all-out on my costumes every year (Two-Face and a wastelander are my proudest ones), but the past few years I have been too broke or too busy to really make something worthwhile. Hopefully, my Jason costume comes out as awesome as I hope and I have a creation to be proud of.

Comment

I got my Halloween costume on Saturday. I'm going to be a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        I got my Halloween costume on Saturday. I'm going to be a banana.

Comment

This is a costume my DIL did for My grand daughter I think last Halloween.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	353060

Hope this works.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm not diggin where Halloween is going around here. Fewer and fewer houses participate - people prefer the "Trunk or Treat" down at the school or church parking lot (actually impressed the church participates in it). It's just not the same anymore.

I guess it's just as well, since my kids are too old for trick or treating anyway. But I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              This is a costume my DIL did for My grand daughter I think last Halloween.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4368[/ATTACH]

Hope this works.
              That's your granddaughter?

She is so flippin' cute!

I want a granddaughter... Oh, wait! I have one on order
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You my friend gonna love being a grandpa..
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In the Netherlands Halloween is becoming more and more popular these last years. Even had some trick or treaters who came at my door last year. A lot of people don't really bother getting some candy, because it's not very known yet that it's celebrated on a larger scale nowadays here. Lucky for those kids I had some cookies left I will get them some candy in case they show up again.

I celebrate Samhain. I usually remember my deceased loved ones and honour my older ancestors. I also meditate about the up-coming year.
                  Do any of you do rituals for Samhain?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
                    Do any of you do rituals for Samhain?
                    I typically go down to the river and send off a messenger boat with messages for my dead loved ones
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

I dedicate my first piece of candy corn to The Dark Lord. Then I finish off the mini snickers and pass out in my own puddle of Diabetic shame.

And wash it all down with a Diet Dr Pepper.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well, I have a couple of kids come by each year. We're really generous with candy, since so few people come by . In terms of actual stuff, I do a big climate regulation spell to prevent drought (and sometimes get a bit overzealous), and reaffirm my relationship with the local spirits. That stuff doesn't have much to do with Halloween, it's just an easy day to remember.

Comment

I will be honoring my family members who have passed on particularly my favorite cousin who died a few years ago and was born in October, she would have been 26 this year. Then sitting in watching horror films with my roommate.

Comment

We do a dumb supper and then go trick or treating.after the kids go to sleep I do my own thing and usually some divination
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I used to always have candy for the kids but since moving out of the city limits the houses are few and far between ... I might dress up and go to the tavern ... One year I was a farmer and my second ex was a cow ... Udderly silly looking but fun ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I am going to an adults only Samhain party on the 28th, with the wife (who is atheist but finds the idea fun) but not doing anything for Hallowe'en. Too much of a cynic, sorry! A heavily commercialized Christian festival? Nah, thanks though.

My real dislike is the encouragement to eat that great a quantity of sweets. Just the thought makes my teeth ache.
                                Last edited by Briton; 20 Oct 2015, 22:10.
                                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                                But that day you know I left my money
                                And I thought of you only
                                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                                X