X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
    Do any of you do rituals for Samhain?
    I try to, but usually it's not much. (to be honest, most of my holiday celebrations are really low-key)

Usually I just dress up, go to a Halloween party if I get invited to one, then afterwards go back home, pour myself a mug of mead or mulled wine or cider, then curl up with a blanket and watch a zombie movie or something. (I do love me some zombies.)

Some years, I have tried to do more on the religious side. I do refer to the holiday as Samhain, and Samhain is about communicating with/remembering dead relatives, or trying to recall past lives. Occasionally I have tried to do rituals to communicate with the dead, although they have not worked out for me most of the time.... oh well. Last year on Samhain, I tried to do some meditation to see if I could get more glimpses of my past lives (I believe that I have two of them,) and that worked a little bit. So that was exciting.

But mostly, my "ritual" consists of drinking mead and thinking about the gods, or just reflecting on my general situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
      But mostly, my "ritual" consists of drinking mead and thinking about the gods, or just reflecting on my general situation.
      I love me some mead as well. I mostly keep my rituals simple and about reflection too. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Happy Halloween everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
          I love me some mead as well. I mostly keep my rituals simple and about reflection too. Nothing wrong with that.
          thanks
          sometimes simpler is better.

Comment

I don't celebrate Halloween. When I was a boy, it was unknown in the south of England: just something they did in the US, Scotland, and Ireland. It's now common here, having been imported from the US as a marketing ploy by the supermarkets. Whether it's the old Christian festival of All Hallows' Eve, the Celtic festival of Samhain, the USian secular holiday, or a benefit night for pumpkin growers, it's obviously nothing to do with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Happy Halloween everybody!
              Thank you! To you as well, BMH, and to everyone out there!

So I decided to to a "set up" early, so that I could take a picture for you guys since I won't be having my phone when it is the proper time, plus it'll be dark then.

Comment

That's really cool Munin-Hugin!

Comment

Thanks! I'm super excited this year because its the first time I'm really doing anything. I've got my ham in the oven, gonna make the glaze in a little bit, and just started to make my ciderjack. The whole house just smells so good.

Comment

gotta admit I'm a little jealous

Comment

Trick'o'treating:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.6 KB
ID:	353125
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

This is my Halloween costume. I'm a banana.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Usual Drinking for Hallow's eve but I actually went for a nice walk this morning, the fog was in and the sun was blaring through (My Campus is out of the city). It was really beautiful and quiet (Nothing is more dead than a University Campus after a major drinking night), I'll post some pictures later when I have a higher post count if people want to see ;P (It's 15 posts before you can do pictures right?)

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Working...
                          X